Start by marking “Written in the Stars” as Want to Read:
Written in the Stars

Written in the Stars

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Michaela Reynolds and her husband, Ben, had been high school sweethearts. She'd written him faithfully while he was on his mission. They'd been married now and had six beautiful children. But their twenty-three year marriage had changed somehow--and Michaela was scared.

Scared because Ben is so wrapped up in his demanding career and his calling as Bishop, he appears oblivio
Unknown Binding, 249 pages
Published January 1st 2001 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Written in the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Written in the Stars

Too much going on in their lives that Michaela fears her relationship with husband Ben is deteriorating. Hoping to rebuild it, Mikki takes a chance and agrees to a week's vacation with her two dear friends and their husbands. The catch?--Ben will be kidnapped and forced into going. He's not very happy about it, but once the plane takes off, what's he going to do about it. In a very precarious situation, and fighting for their lives, Michaela and Ben will be forced to face their issues. Like most ...more
Dorry Lou
I only gave this book 1 star as I thought it was sorta boring at times. The author said she wrote this book to help you see what your priories are. Also how important it is to keep your love alive.
Its the story of Michaela & Ben Reynolds and their relationship. They have 6 children which are left almost completely to Michaela. Ben is so involved in his calling as a Bishop & a demanding career that no time seems to be left for the family. Michaela secretly arranges a vacation for them to
I gave this 4 stars NOT for it's characters, not for the writing, not even for the story, because they were all quite contrived. But because it is what I am choosing to call a 're-romance'.

It's the story of an LDS woman, 20 years into marriage with all of the usual stresses and how she and her husband fall BACK in love.
Not the superficial jittery silly kind of love, although she remembers all of those things she liked about him and still admires, but deep, true, life time together love.

I think
I enjoyed her realistic portrayal of how a relationship can stagnate, but I thought the whole idea of them in peril was poorly done and seemed less than gripping.
This was not my favorite by Mickele Ashman Bell. It was too negative towards husbands. It ended well, which made up for the negative parts.
This was an alright book. I became frustrated with it sometimes, but I liked the message for the most part. Maybe it's a 2 and a half stars.
Enjoyed this LDS fiction. A quick read that is part relationship study/part adventure. Good, entertaining story with a good conclusion.
This was a good book. It helped me smile and look at things here and now better!
Suzanne Platt
Fun little church fictional book that could be like some womens' lives. I
I thought it was really good and i liked the story line and the plot.
I have really liked her books, this one was kind of slow for me.
The back cover made this sound a lot more exciting than it was.
Jennifer Farr
I thought the book was a little slow to start.
I've read it before....ended up skimming half.
This is about as "LDS Fiction" as you can get!
Karina Montelongo
Karina Montelongo marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Diana Durfey
Diana Durfey marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Erin1 marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Joyce marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Shannon Neibaur
Shannon Neibaur marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Carman Tillery
Carman Tillery marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Karin marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Marissa marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Run Away Home (Home Trilogy, #1)
  • Ties That Bind (Rebekka, #2)
  • When Hearts Meet
  • Altered State
I grew up in St. George, Utah, where a lot of my family still lives, but now reside with my husband and family in the Salt Lake City area. My favorite thing to do is support my kids in their many interests. Between basketball, ballet and piano lessons we squeeze a lot into a week, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
More about Michele Ashman Bell...
A Modest Proposal (Butterfly Box, #1) Hometown Girl (Butterfly Box, #2) Finding Paradise The Perfect Fit (Butterfly Box, #3) An Unexpected Love