Start by marking “The Flash, Vol. 4: Blitz” as Want to Read:
The Flash, Vol. 4: Blitz

The Flash, Vol. 4: Blitz (The Flash (II) issues 192-200)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  194 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This volume collects THE FLASH #192-200, featuring the stories "Run Riot" and "Blitz!" In this collection, the Fastest Man Alive may not be fast enough to survive an attack from Gorilla Grodd and then prevent an attack by Zoom that's both deadly and intensely personal!
Published August 1st 2004 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Flash, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flash, Vol. 4

Shannon Appelcline
May 08, 2014 Shannon Appelcline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
Run Riot (192-194). Johns' take on Grodd continues to be one of the scariest around, and this arc does a great job of looking at what Wally is willing to do for his family. And there are lots more fun rogues too [7+/10].

Rogues (195-196). This is pretty much a breather, advancing lots of subplots and offering up a few rogues to fight. The Peek-a-Boo plotline is good, but it's the leadup to Blitz proper that really stands out. Despite being "in-between" issues, Johns continues to make these intere
Lissibith
May 29, 2014 Lissibith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, yeah, this was a solid, engrossing superhero read, starring The Flash, much of the extended Flash world (including several past and future flashes and assorted relatives) . If you're not familiar it might be a hair overwhelming, but even if that's the case, I think this story is worth pushing through the confusion. It's brutal, and touching, and deeply sad.

The overarching story seems to be about the dangers of being close to a superhero - not only as a family member or loved one, but just
Dan
May 24, 2014 Dan rated it really liked it
I wish when a new series is announced, or a new writer comes on-board an existing series, they could tell you upfront, "Hey, this writer is going to be on this book for a few years. We know what he has planned. Get on board now." You can see how much more rewarding an experience it is when the writer is building his world, re-introducing old characters, creating new ones, and seeding future plots throughout. Plus they don't always feel the need to write for the trade; they have points they want ...more
Mike
Feb 10, 2012 Mike rated it it was amazing
This remains the best Flash story I've read. Kolins brings the right energy to the action, while Johns is particularly adept at making you feel that a C-list villain is a AAA threat. I haven't seen energy and threat come together for The Flash since issue 200.
CB
Nov 03, 2008 CB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never read any Flash before, but I have read Geoff Johns and he's quality. It was a fun, quick read, but the ending confused me a bit. Which, of course, makes me want to read more. Johns did some nice things restoring Green Lantern to glory.
Eric Mikols
Feb 11, 2013 Eric Mikols rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: flash
Good stuff. I had never read the origin of the second Zoom/Reverse Flash so this was cool. I really like Wally as a character; he's like Peter Parker but without the complaining. The few Grodd issues felt like filler but I like we're this series is heading.
David Camacho
May 05, 2011 David Camacho rated it it was amazing
The incredible climax to the first half of Geoff John's run on the Flash! The introduction of a compelling villain and a shocking shake-up in the West family. Top notch art by Scott Kolins!
Kzee Mikols
Feb 20, 2013 Kzee Mikols rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This issue was so intense! Super sad though. Did not leave me feeling happy
Ariel Acupan
Sep 25, 2011 Ariel Acupan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending! I didn't even see it coming. :D
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Abadi
Abadi marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
M
M marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Luningning Santos
Luningning Santos marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Mathew
Mathew rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2016
Ryan Mcmillan
Ryan Mcmillan marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Liz Janet
Liz Janet rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Miłosz Bojan
Miłosz Bojan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Ayub Mohamed
Ayub Mohamed marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
TheKeyBladeWielder
TheKeyBladeWielder marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Tyrone
Tyrone rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Kade-Mica Battles
Kade-Mica Battles rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Fahad Khan
Fahad Khan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Safraz
Safraz rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Rodney
Rodney rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
samee
samee marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Crusty
Crusty marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
  • Batman: Evolution
  • JLA Classified, Vol. 2: I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League
  • Starman, Vol. 2: Night and Day
  • JSA, Vol. 3: The Return of Hawkman
Geoff Johns originally hails from Detroit, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he earned a degree in Media Arts and Film. He moved to Los Angeles in the late 1990’s in search of work within the film industry. Through perseverance, Geoff ended up as the assistant to Richard Donner, working on Conspiracy Theory and Lethal Weapon 4. During that time, he also began his comics career ...more
More about Geoff Johns...

The Flash (II) (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Flash: Born to Run