Start by marking “Steal Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #5)” as Want to Read:
Steal Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #5)

Steal Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo #5)

Unbeknownst to her boyfriend, Sassy South Carolina hairstylist, Rainey Brown, is headed to Missoula, dead set on giving her minor league baseball player boyfriend of four years an ultimatum. Either put a ring on it or let her go, preferably not the latter.

When Rainey's piece of crap car dies in the middle of Nowhere, Montana, she's sure she's a gonner, until gorgeous rest
Published December 29th 2013 by The Tule Publishing Group, LLC (first published December 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Steal Me, Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steal Me, Cowboy

Keeping Secrets in Seattle by Brooke MossThe Perfume Collector by Kathleen TessaroMy Life in Black and White by Kim IzzoStony River by Tricia DowerAconteceu em Roma by Nicky Pellegrino
50s-Style Dresses
6th out of 7 books — 2 voters
I Dream of Johnny by Juliet MadisonThe Book of Someday by Dianne    DixonTop Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz CzukasThe Life and Opinions of Amy Finawitz by Laura Toffler-CorrieSteal Me, Cowboy by Kim  Boykin
Ribbons & Bows
5th out of 7 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Obsidian
Mar 02, 2015 Obsidian rated it liked it
Girl (Rainey Brown) has hot boyfriend (Adam) who wants to be a baseball player. Boyfriend after not realizing his dream moves to mid-west and coaches a minor league softball team. Girl decides to surprise boyfriend and car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Girl meets hot dude (Beck Harnett) in a cowboy hat.

I have to say romance novels taking place in the mid-west with men in cowboy hats are always hands down going to be a guilty pleasure read to me. That said, though this romance worked well
Jane
Adam Harper, a professional baseball player had been Rainey Brown’s part-time boyfriend for four long years. Rainey was ready to settle down, have a full-time relationship when Adam left the minor leagues to become a coach in Montana.

Left in South Carolina, she waited three months for an invitation to visit Adam in Montana when the hair salon where she worked closed. She decided to take a trip to Montana and surprise Adam.

On the way she had car trouble and sexy Bret Hartnett stopped to rescue h
Emily
Jan 30, 2014 Emily rated it liked it
I liked this story, but I wish it had been longer & that the relationship would have been developed more. It went from we just met to I want you for forever before the H/h had even kissed. The flirtations between the H/h were cute, but in under 80 pages and with a lot of time spent with secondary characters there was not enough here to sell me on the HEA.
Marlene
Jan 19, 2014 Marlene rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

You can’t buy experience, but you can buy “the experience” at the Nell’s Cut ‘n Curl after Rainey Brown gets stranded in Marietta Montana.

It just takes Rainey a while to figure out that the experience she’s earning is worth even more than the experience she’s helping Nell to sell to the tourists. No matter how much money they’re putting in the karma jar.

Rainey Brown has been true to her minor league baseball playing boyfriend, Adam, for four long and lonely
Sue
Jan 06, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it
In Steal Me, Cowboy by Kim Boykin, Rainey is a hairdresser (who sometimes feels like a therapist!) in Columbia, South Carolina. She's been a relationship with Adam for 4 years - but she only sees him when he's not playing minor league baseball and trying to make it to the major leagues. Rainey wants more. They have chemistry that can burn the sheets when they're together, but Rainey wishes just once Adam would pick her over baseball. Just once!

When Adam unexpectedly takes a job coaching in Misso
Sandy M
Mar 09, 2014 Sandy M rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, western
I’m a huge sucker for a sexy cowboy, so you can imagine my delight at all the new fun coming out of Tule Publishing Group with their western-themed series taking place in Montana. This is just the beginning for this new publishing company, and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for the future. But in the meantime, I’m in cowboy heaven.

Rainey Brown is a hairsylist in South Carolina. Her boyfriend of four years is a minor league baseball player. He comes home every so often, they go at ea
Moran
I really enjoyed reading Steal Me, Cowboy.

Rainey is on her way to surprise her boyfriend for the last 4 Adam who moved to Missoula, Montana but her old car dies in the middle of Nowhere, Montana and she has no cell reception, water or food so she wait in her car for help.

Rainey has a really funny sense of humor and while she is waiting for another car to come and help her, this is what she thinks:

"Two and half hours later, I saw a semi in the distance. Should I flag him down and hope he's a goo
Chris McFarland
May 29, 2014 Chris McFarland rated it liked it
After four years of putting up with her boyfriend's hectic baseball schedule and constant marriage-avoidance, hairstylist Rainey Brown is has decided to be drastic. She is going to drive from South Carolina to Montana with an ultimatum : marry me or we are done. It seemed like a good idea until her car broke down in the middle of nowhere, and the hunky cowboy saving her brought to mind many other ideas.

It doesn't take long for restaurateur Beck Hartnett to figure out what he wants, and right now
Denise Stout
What happens when you mix a Grit (girl raised in the South) with a Cowboy from Montana--hot, sizzling fun!

Rainey is a hair stylist who's tired of waiting for her baseball playing boyfriend to seal the deal with a ring. When fate leaves her unemployed, she decides to drive cross-country and make him man-up. Unfortunately, her car is not quite up to the trip and decides to die just short of her destination.

Beck was raised a cowboy, but his dreams were to be a chef and own a restaurant. After col
Tricia Drammeh
Jun 06, 2014 Tricia Drammeh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rainey leaves her home in South Carolina, bound and determined to surprise her long-time, long-distance boyfriend by driving all the way to Montana to see him. When she's suddenly stranded, she's saved by Beck, a cowboy-hat-wearing hottie who can make the best grilled-cheese sandwich in the world. Faced with expensive car repair costs and a confusing attraction to Beck, Rainey must use her hairstyling skills and her quick wits if she's ever going to make it to her destination. But does she ...more
Marlene
Jan 02, 2014 Marlene rated it it was amazing
For four years Rainey Brown has been patient with her minor league baseball player boyfriend, Adam. But when he accepts a coaching job clear across the country without the input of Rainey and starts acting different she is determined to make a surprise appearance and give him an ultimatum.

In route to see Adam, Rainey’s car breaks down. Stranded on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, Rainey was relieved when Beck Hartnett, a handsome cowboy, comes to her aid. Although he is handsome,
Jen_C
Pretty disappointing. All the action sexy time is wasted on the couple that breaks up. Lots of story spent on the secondary characters too. From the "main couple", it goes from meeting, anger, lust, to I love you forever,....before there is even an official date or kiss! Then in the last paragraph you get a kiss that is supposedly a HEA. Not buying it.

I do have to say there was some really fun dialogue though.

But I don’t think you want to be with that guy. I think you want to be with me, and God
Addictive
Jan 09, 2014 Addictive rated it it was amazing
Rainey Brown is on the cross country trip of a lifetime-her lifetime. Chasing after her boyfriend of four years, she is tired of being put off when it comes to the big question every committed girl dreams of hearing-heck-what any girl worth her salt dreams of hearing.

But on her way to Montana, Rainey breaks down-literally and figuratively-in a small town and meets Beck Hartnett, cowboy slash restaurateur. Instant chemistry sparks, but surprisingly nothing happens-probably because the entire stor
Chanpreet
Jan 04, 2014 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
South Carolinian Rainey Brown has been with her boyfriend for four years. He's always come back to her in between where ever he's been playing minor baseball but Rainey's ready for more. When Adam sets up base in Montana, she decides to surprise him but her car breaks down in the wilds of Montana where Beck Hartnett rescues her. The repair will take time and while Rainey is having second thoughts about her boyfriend, Beck only has 5 days to make her his.

This was a quick read. I initially had my
Kerry Croucier
Jan 15, 2014 Kerry Croucier rated it it was amazing
Rainey, a hair-dresser from South Carolina, has been with her boyfriend, Adam, a minor-league baseball player and now coach for a Montana minor league team, for 4 years. Well, parts of four years. When the salon she works in closes, she decides it's time to stop waiting for Adam, and heads to Montana. It's when her car breaks down in the middle of nowhere outside Marietta,Montana, just short of her destination, that things get fun. Beck finds her and brings her to town, where she charms him and ...more
Valerie
Jan 04, 2014 Valerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: montana-born, romance
Rainey was happy with her existence, or so she thought. She loved her work as a stylist, her boss who also happened to be her best friend was great, she had a wonderful dog and a boyfriend, Adam, who loved her, what more could she ask for? Well that boyfriend could come around more often, right? Could call or make more of an effort to be with her, right? So when Rainey’s office closes and she has some spare time she decides to take a drive to Montana to see him.

Beckett has finally come to terms
Amanda R
Aug 06, 2016 Amanda R rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Rainey has been a faithful and loyal girlfriend to her on the road boyfriend. He never acts like he wants to move past the phase that they are in and then drops the bomb that he's taken a job coaching in another city. So not only is he going to be gone just as much, he's going to live somewhere else. After she gets some news about her job, she decides she's going to surprise him and go see him. It seems like though when it rains it pours. She gets to Montana and her car breaks down. It's not a ...more
Janine
Jan 02, 2014 Janine rated it it was amazing
This was a really cute story.
Rainy Brown's love of her life has just told her he is moving across the country to Missoula Montana to coach a baseball team. What is a girl from South Carolina to do? Well, she packs her bags in her beat up Honda Civic and drives to surprise him. Only thing is, she breaks down before she gets there. Luckily, Beck Harnett happens to be coming back into town when he sees her along the side of the road and offers her a ride the the phone number of the mechanic in his
Tonileg
May 26, 2014 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, western, kindle
Lesson in love #34 : Do not date traveling men, sports athletes or anyone with a career with lots of business affairs oversea because there eventually have real 'affairs' with people that are not you.
So we met the sweet and sassy South Carolina hairstylist, Rainey Brown who is going to surprise her longtime traveling ball playing boyfriend in Missoula which is going to take days of driving. Her crappy old car is not up to the trip and just a few house away breaks down and she meets the heart bre
Shannon Peterson
Jan 13, 2014 Shannon Peterson rated it really liked it
Rainey is a fun and sassy character that you can't help but like. a hair dresser (part time therapist in her own mine) who is determined to make her boyfriend of 4 years see what he has and make him see she is more then guest material in his life. However on her trip to see him her car breaks down and she sets to work her own magic in the wonderful town of Marietta Montana. During her time there she starts to feel things for Beck, the man who helped her when she was stranded on the side of the ...more
Melody Cox
Aug 16, 2014 Melody Cox rated it really liked it
A Hair Stylist, A Restaurateur, and A Baseball Player Who Has Commitment Issues!!

This is the 5th book in the Copper Mountain Rodeo series and it was a really good read. I found it very interesting and could not put it down until I was finished.

The stars of this novel are hair stylist, Rainey Brown and restaurateur, Beck Hartnett. Included is Rainey's baseball playing boyfriend who she has been with for four years. She is on her way to give him an ultimatum, put a ring on her finger or let her go
Rosemary K
Jan 03, 2014 Rosemary K rated it it was amazing
Rainey Brown loves Adam. She has waited years for him to commit. Now he up and takes a coaching job in Missoula, Montana. Well she's going there and getting answers. All goes well until her car breaks down outside of Marietta, Montana. She is rescued by Beck Hartnett. What a hero! He's charming, smart and he can cook. Rainey is his match. She's beautiful, feisty and has killer southern charm. I love her inner diva. Sparks fly when these two are together. Now Rainey has to decide between Beck and ...more
Bonnie Gonzales
Jan 07, 2014 Bonnie Gonzales rated it it was amazing
Rainey is a hairdresser in the small town Columbia in Sourthern Carolina and her boyfriend Adam is a minor league baseball player and he lives with her but won't commit to marriage.
Then Adam is offered an assistant coaching job in Montana and he accepts it and rents a house without even talking it over with Rainey, he tells her when it is a done deal and just says Montana is gorgeous and she will love it when she comes to visit.
The best thing about this book is the writing, it just flows pulli
Melinda Garza
Jan 07, 2014 Melinda Garza rated it it was amazing
Rainey's love Adam accepts a job clear across the country. Now, she has been more than patient with him but decides to visit him at his new coaching job, and then she breaks down. Well, at least her car does.
Then, enters Beck. He is a gorgeous cowboy who comes to her aid but guess what? Rainey cannot stop thinking of Adam.
Stuck in Marietta, she has to work to make money for her repairs when things begin to change. What will happen? Will she fall for the Cowboy or stay with her Adam?
This story is
Nila
Dec 13, 2014 Nila rated it it was amazing
Rainey Brown is dead set on giving her minor league baseball player boyfriend of four years an ultimatum marry her or let her go, but when her crappy car breaks down in Marietta Montana before she can get to him, she is quickly helped by Restaurateur Beck Hartnett who only has 5 days to change Raineys mind about who she gives her heart too, before her car is fixed.
I think I loved the secondary characters just as much in this story as I did the 2 main ones! Loads of baseball game references, Cowb
Betty
Jan 11, 2014 Betty rated it really liked it
Kim Boykin has written a wonderful & funny Novella. Kim has describes the characters Rainey with her southern charm & Beck with his western cowboy charm. You feel the sizzle between this two from the first time they meet. Rainey's boyfriend, Adam, is a a wait & see kind of guy while Rainey is ready for commitment. Kim keeps you so involved with their story you feel you are part of it. There are other characters in the story you will fall in love with. I wish I was better with words ...more
Cindy Hamilton
Jan 14, 2014 Cindy Hamilton rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Kim Boykin and I can honestly say I was not disappointed. Steal Me, Cowboy was a great novella in the Copper Mountain Rodeo book series of books. Rainey our heroine thought she knew what and who she wanted, a life with her minor leaugue baseball playing boyfriend(who in my opinion was just using her and a dog!) Our hero Beck seems to know from the start that Rainey should be his! Such a sweet love story that will not disappoint you. Check it out!!
I did receive
Jean
This was a great, fast read. From the first page I didn't want to put it down. Rainey is a woman that was very easy to identify with. I love how her independence mixed with her need for romance and commitment from Adam, her ball player boyfriend. When Rainey's car breaks down and she is rescued by Beck - the sparks begin to fly. That twist of fate had Rainey questioning her life and decisions. I wanted the story to go on forever. And Nell is a sweet lovable character as well. I loved her spunk ...more
Shari
Sep 12, 2016 Shari rated it it was amazing
A great short romance by Kim Boykin. I have never read her books before,but this will not be my last. A great addition to Copper Mountain Rodeo books.
Rainy a beautician, heading out west to meet her boyfriend of four years, Adam {commitment phobic}. When her car breaks down in Marietta. Cowboy, Beck comes to her rescue. Beck just needs to get Rainy on the same page of romance with him in a short time.
I just loved these characters and the other people in this town. I received this ARC from the
Elisabeth
Jan 02, 2014 Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Steal Me, Cowboy by Kim Boykin is such a great read. It's a great story with funny characters and it's a story that makes you laugh and cry. And you keep on reading. It grabbed this reader from the first page and since it's a short story I read it in one sitting.
It's the first book I have read by Kim Boykin but it wont be the last. Kim Boykin has a really good writing style that makes you want to read more from her.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Her Summer Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #4; The Scott Brothers of Montana #3)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (The Canadays of Montana Book 1)
  • Beauty and the Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #1)
  • Second Chance Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway #2)
  • What a Bride Wants (The Great Wedding Giveaway #1)
  • The Kidnapped Christmas Bride (Taming of the Sheenans #3; A Marietta Christmas #5)
  • Promise Me, Cowboy (Carrigans of the Circle C, #1; Copper Mountain Rodeo, #3)
  • Late Last Night (Montana Riverbend, #1)
  • Cowgirl Come Home (Big Sky Mavericks #1; Big Marietta Fair #2)
  • Last Year's Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway, #8)
  • Tempt Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo #1; The Montana Millionaires #1)
  • Kiss Me, Cowboy (Montana Born Rodeo #3; Bar V5 Ranch #3)
  • Cinderella's Cowboy (This Old House #4)
  • The Unexpected Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway #4)
  • Almost A Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway, #3)
  • The Bride Who Wouldn't (The Honeymoon Series #1)
  • Cherish Me, Cowboy (The Wildflower Ranch #1; Montana Born Rodeo #2)
Kim Boykin was raised in her South Carolina home with two girly sisters and great parents. She had a happy, boring childhood, which sucks if you’re a writer because you have to create your own crazy. PLUS after you’re published and you’re being interviewed, it’s very appealing when the author actually lived in Crazy Town or somewhere in the general vicinity.

Almost everything she learned about writ
More about Kim Boykin...

Copper Mountain Rodeo (6 books)
  • Rodeo Sweethearts (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #0.5)
  • Tempt Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo #1; The Montana Millionaires #1)
  • Marry Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #2)
  • Promise Me, Cowboy (Carrigans of the Circle C, #1; Copper Mountain Rodeo, #3)
  • Take Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #4)