Start by marking “Doctor Who: Night Thoughts (Big Finish Audio Drama, #79)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Night Thoughts (Big Finish Audio Drama, #79)

Doctor Who: Night Thoughts (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #79)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  8 reviews
During the century after its publication in 1742, Night Thoughts was one of the most popular, widely read and influential poems in the English language. However, there have been no editions of the poem since the middle of the nineteenth century. This edition contains a critical introduction setting the poem in the context of the eighteenth-century sublime. There is a comme ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published February 28th 2006 by Big Finish Productions Ltd (first published February 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Anne Barwell
The blurb given on GR is not for this story, which is a Big Finish 7th Dr, Ace, and Hex audio play.

This story is really creepy, although the timey wimey explanation as to why the device wouldn't affect the time line for long feels a bit gappy. Good use of atmosphere and suspense, and the ending with the rabbit is chilling.
Jamie Revell
This is evidently meant to a be a creepy tale about a group of people with dark secrets holed up in an isolated house. At times it manages this, but on the whole, it doesn't quite work, and seems to rely just a bit too much on contrivance rather than plausible motivation. Not as good, perhaps, as it should have been.
Ritchie
Seven, Ace and Hex in a creepy time travel story. Somebody loses their eyes.
Scott Haworth
Before the 2005 version of Doctor Who took root in fan consciousness, fans would write Doctor Who stories like this, which were allowed to be disturbing, and more adult than child-friendly. There is a happy ending of sorts, but not for everyone. Overall, the story is more macabre than recent Who, reminiscent of the Who novels of previous years, which emphasized horror more than romance. The plot is time-oriented, but not in a humorous timey-wimey way. I question its internal logic, but I accept ...more
Saturnberry
O! How fun. Kinda grisly at a few points where I was loudly exclaiming "Oooohhhh!" because some parts are just so nasty. Iol // I need to look at the release date again, but this would be a great one for Halloween. :) And I'll have to confess, there's a creepy, wonderful "Silent Hill-like" (the games, not the movies) element that drew me to the story in the first place. Sound effects in this one are superb. Eeeew!
Nicholas Whyte
I am afraid I rather lost patience with Night Thoughts; there is so much that is crap about it. The central plot issue, Edie's death, simply made no sense at all: why kill her so ceremonially on the operating table, rather than slip her a poison pill? The Seventh Doctor's behaviour is utterly inconsistent. The bit with Ace and the bear traps is just stupid. The cast do well but the material is nigh unworkable.
Mel
I enjoyed this one. It was spooky and quite twisted. The plot was quite complicated and all the explanations didn't necessarily make sense but I still found it interesting and got quite thoroughly sucked into the story.
Steven
The gathering of a group of academics in an isolated mansion is shattered by a troubling sequence of events: first, a terrible storm, then the arrival of three strangers, and then a gruesome murder.
Julian Laird-Raylor
Julian Laird-Raylor marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Ashley Fisher
Ashley Fisher is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2015
Irum Zahra
Irum Zahra marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Xavier Granville
Xavier Granville marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Nina Ivanova
Nina Ivanova marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas (1 - 10 of 204 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Sirens of Time (Big Finish Audio Drama, #1)
  • Doctor Who: Phantasmagoria (Big Finish Audio Drama, #2)
  • Doctor Who: Whispers of Terror (Big Finish Audio Drama, #3)
  • Doctor Who: The Land of the Dead (Big Finish Audio Drama, #4)
  • Doctor Who: The Fearmonger (Big Finish Audio Drama, #5)
  • Doctor Who: The Marian Conspiracy (Big Finish Audio Drama, #6)
  • Doctor Who: The Genocide Machine (Big Finish Audio Drama, #7)
  • Doctor Who: Red Dawn (Big Finish Audio Drama, #8)
  • Doctor Who: The Spectre of Lanyon Moor (Big Finish Audio Drama, #9)
  • Doctor Who: Winter for the Adept (Big Finish Audio Drama, #10)
Night Thoughts: Or, the Complaint and the Consolation My Servant the Prophets F4F Wildcat vs A6M Zero-sen: Pacific Theater 1942 Meiktila 1945: The Battle To Liberate Burma The Complaint, Or, Night Thoughts on Life, Death, and Immortality