Start by marking “My Hero” as Want to Read:
My Hero

My Hero

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  201 ratings  ·  32 reviews
www.DebbieMacomber.com

He was a perfect hero—on paper, anyway!

Would-be romance writer Bailey York has already failed twice at love. As far as she's concerned, men are wonderful to read—and to write—about, but that is as close as she wants to get. Which probably explains why she is having such difficulty creating her latest hero.

What she needs is a real-life model—and she...more
Paperback
Published January 2014 by Harlequin (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero

Maggie
This is yet another book where the title sounds like cheese but the story is not so cheesy. In this story the main character is a writer and is having difficulties creating a character for her "hero". She finds a real like hero-like man and so it goes. I liked this story okay, it was a cute story for Valentines Day and a quick read. The beginning was a little slow and I almost put it down. Once the two main characters met the story picked up.
Kate Vale
Fans of Debbie Macomber will like this and probably have already read it. I was late to that particular game and find this a frothy, fun read that would fit right in on the beach or when whiling away an hour or two waiting for a delayed airline departure.

Bailey York, a wannabe romance writer, needs a model for the hero of her first novel. When architect Parker Davidson's umbrella bops her on the head while Bailey in riding the BART to work, she checks him out and concludes he IS the hero to stan...more
Sati Marie Frost
Bailey is an aspiring romance writer, but has reached a point in her book where she can't see how to move forward with the hero's characterisation. Fellow writer and friend Jo Ann suggests that she model her hero on a real-life man, so when Bailey sees Parker on the train, she thinks he's exactly what she needs - from a professional point of view only!

I found this one sort of sweet and insubstantial. I haven't read anything else by Debbie Macomber, and based on this book I'm not sure why she's a...more
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Bailey York dreams of being a successful romance writer. Problem is she’s a failure at romance in her own life. Maybe that’s why she’s still struggling in her career—lack of inspiration in real life. In search of a living model, she stumbles on Parker Davidson in all his glory. She’s everything any woman would want—handsome, determined, and caring. But when things shift and the possibility of him becoming her hero happens, panic sets in leaving her to ponder: Is ther...more
Jacquelynn Fritz
Bailey York is trying to become a published romance writer. She's written her book but her hero, Michael, isn't quite right. She needs a real-life model and she spots him on the subway. She follows him so she can learn who he is and finds that he is Parker Davidson. What follows is crooked road to love as Bailey can't trust love after losing two fiancees who fell in love with other women while engaged to her. There is humor and you learn a little of what its like to publish a book.
Pam
I never thought I would see a Debbie Macomber book I did not like. Now I have. My Hero is a bummer of a book. Bailey needs help with her writing and description of her hero in her book. Parker fits the bill and decides to help her. It just doesn't work for me. However, I will never give up on Debbie Macomber.
(no offensive material) The beginning had me doing a lot of eye rolling. However, once I got over the initial premise (and how dangerous it is), I was able to enjoy the rest.
Lester Allen
Funny read for a cold night

enjoy all of her books. sweet but funny book. No surprise ending but loved it just the same. I'm ready for the next one.
John Hanscom
Like cotton candy - sweet but with very little substance. Not her best effort.
Angie Jadot-johnson
its an interesting take on a romance novel. Good lighthearted read.
Toni Glasscoe
it was a cute story, but I've read better by Debbie Macomber.
Lori
This fit perfectly into my easy and mindless reading needs! The storyline was good enough to keep my attention and quick enough that it didn't require too much of my time. Our heroine is an aspiring novelist and she is our to find an example of the hero of her plot. She finds him in real form and ends up falling for him. Predictable but a good clean read.
Tara
Writer having trouble finishing her book the way the publishers/editors want it. She finds a man who could be her "hero" and she stalks him until she finds out he knows she stalking him. She fesses up, they make plans to get together and everything falls into place. He truely is her hero!
Lorraine
Interesting angle on your typical romance. The story centers around a new writer finding love while trying to write her first romance. This had a personal feel for me as I have both a sister (romance novels) and a daughter of a dear friend (mysteries) starting the journey in the publishing arena.
Karen
This was my first time reading a Debbie Macomber book and it was hard for me to get into the story. Once I did, I found myself stalling because the plot of the story took so long to get to. I will try another one though!
Toby
A typical love story of a woman who wants to be a romance novel writer. She has been left twice at the altar, so is leery of men. But of course, she finds her knight in shining armor and they live happily ever after.
April
I thought the dialogue was a little strained. Good premise, semi-plausible execution. And does every romance writer own a cat? A little clichéd, but a quick read!
Melissa
I enjoyed this story of finding love thru the most unexpected way!
Susan
Set in San Francisco, a romance writer is having trouble with the hero of the story. She finds a real life one to model her character on; cute story!
Dawn
The first couple of chapters were slow. The book overall was a quick read. It wasn't my favorite of her books, but I did enjoy it.
Sharon
I always enjoy Debbie Macomber's books but this one was a tad boring and a little unrealistic to a certain extent.
Sherry Grussing
A quick, but enjoyable read. The characters are enjoyable and there aren't so many, you have to keep a flow chart!
Sachki
This was a good book and I would love to see this as a movie. Debbie does it again.
Natalya
A very sweet read, nice story, great hero, sweet drama. Will keep for a reread.
Cj
Always enjoy this author. No disappointment here. Great first book on spring break!
Brenda
This was a good easy read ... while traveling. Typical fictional romance.
Sarah W.
Aug 31, 2008 Sarah W. rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: Mom
I thought the plot was somewhat corny. Happy ending though!
Denise
Always like this authors books! Don't know how I missed this one!
Scott Smith
Good book to fit into my reading pattern. Kept interest all the time
  • Ragged Rainbows
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • A Vow to Love
  • Rules of Engagement: The Reasons for Marriage\The Wedding Party\Unlaced
  • The Millionaire's Mistress (Passion!)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • More Than Words, Volume 7: Compassion Can't Wait\Someplace Like Home\What the Heart Wants
  • The Upper Zoo
  • In Plain View (Valley of Choice #2)
  • Tomorrow's Dream
  • Mischief 24/7 (Sunshine Girls, #3)
  • Reese's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #2)
  • Texas Wildflower
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2)
  • Informed Risk & A Hero for Sophie Jones
  • The Tea Shop on Lavender Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #5)
  • Out In The Country
  • Fire at Dusk (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #3)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)