Start by marking “Doctor Who: Human Resources, Part Two” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Human Resources, Part Two

Doctor Who: Human Resources, Part Two (New Eighth Doctor Adventures #1.8)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  163 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Lucie Miller's been headhunted to join the staff of Hulbert Logistics, a respectable blue-chip firm in Telford. Great prospects, competitive salary - you don't have to be mad to work here! But wasn't she made for better things, like travelling by TARDIS through time and space? The Doctor, meanwhile, has been fired - into a confrontation with the most terrifying of enemies. ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 6th 2007 by Big Finish Productions Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Tabitha
Sep 10, 2014 Tabitha rated it really liked it
By this point I'm assuming you've listened to part 1, so read at your own risk.

(view spoiler)
Devin Harvey
Apr 03, 2014 Devin Harvey rated it it was amazing
Definitely a lot better than the first part, it was just really entertaining and the mystery behind Lucy gets explained in a rather strange way. Lots of foreshadowing in the ending, can't wait to see if they're going to go with it in the future seasons and I am really loving the Lucie/Eight TARDIS team (Lucie actually reminds me a bit like a younger Donna Noble and i'm really loving it). The cybermen were very interesting in this and all of the characters were just very interesting and well-done ...more
Aidan
Mar 14, 2012 Aidan rated it it was amazing
This two-part story is a superb conclusion to the first season of new Eighth Doctor Adventures, albeit one that loses the element of surprise about its villain based on the two CD covers (especially the second one).

Like its immediate predecessor, Human Resources plays with the idea that the mundane is not always as it appears yet does so much more successfully. Office life is something many of us can relate to and Robson does a great job of satirizing elements of that setting such as the overly-
sabisteb
Dec 11, 2013 sabisteb rated it really liked it
Irgendwass stimmt definitiv nicht bei Hulbert Logistics in Telford. Der Doktor hat dort nun auch einen Job und eines ist sowas von klar: Das ist keine normale Büroarbeit.
Wirklich dumm, dass Lucie und ihre ebenfalls neue Kollegin anscheinend einen Fehler bei der Dateneingabe gemacht haben, und gefeuert werden und zwar durch die Luftschleuse. Sie finden sich auf einem fremden Planeten wieder und bekommen Hilfe von einem entlassenen Abteilungleiter. Human Resources hingegen ist extrem sauer, weil
Amanda
Dec 03, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
I listened to the first season and half of The Eight Doctor & Lucie Miller incredibly close together and back to back, so all of them are going to end up with the same review for the moment while I'm fixing up my forgotten rec's and clearing out my Currently Reading Folder (which shouldn't be 40+ books, it should be somewhere relatively close to right under ten).

I have loved meeting Eight, and his resigned but inspirational way of being. I love Lucy's moxy, and her mouth. Her mouth may be t
Nicholas Whyte
Given the parallels between The Runaway Bride and Blood of the Daleks, I wasn't surprised when the office environment where Lucie was meant to be all along turned out to be a front for an alien plot. But actually it turns out to be an Ender's Game scenario, with added Cybermen and feuding Time Lord factions, and a nearly convincing resolution to the storyline of the Head-Hunter. Sheridan Smith gets some very good moments as Lucie, realising the extent to which she has been manipulated by the Tim ...more
Steven
Jun 08, 2015 Steven rated it liked it
Hubert agrees to work with the Cybermen, against the Doctor's advice. The Doctor learns that these Cybermen are an earlier version of the Cybermen he will encounter on Telos, having not recognised the name of the planet. Lucie and the ex-employees meet the Headhunter, who explains she was hired by Hubert to track Lucie down in case a rival company was trying to reverse-engineer his brainwashing techniques. As she has no desire to see the Cybermen win, she agrees to help them.
Mel
May 30, 2013 Mel rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
I enjoyed the old fashioned sing song cybermen voices in this one. But they just weren't scary. The seemed more of a plot device threat than an actual threat, or further advancing the story of the cybermen. The time travel and the CIA was ok. Lucie getting pissed off at the Time Lords was great. I like the evil head hunter. I have to say the EDA remind me a lot more of Bennie Summerfield than the main Doctor Who range of stories. But I'm still really enjoying them.
Christopher Buchanan
Solid and entertaining story with some twists. Okay, the whole premise behind it is a bit goofy but I like the symbolism their going for. An interesting resolution to Lucy's backstory too.
Anne Barwell
Aug 31, 2012 Anne Barwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-play
I didn't see the point in rating part 1 & 2 separately. This is the first story I've heard with Lucy Miller, and enjoyed it. Nothing like listening to a series out of order, after all.
Inez
Ken-88
Ken-88 rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Helene
Helene rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Sean McGoff
Sean McGoff rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
George McGowan
George McGowan rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Paul Griggs
Paul Griggs rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Alun Harris
Alun Harris rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
GARETH J. BOWLEY
GARETH J. BOWLEY rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Jeremy Pencer
Jeremy Pencer rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Michael Ryan Pillado
Michael Ryan Pillado rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Paul Ashwell
Paul Ashwell rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Uther Dean
Uther Dean rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
John Stonecipher
John Stonecipher rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Cristian
Cristian rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Dina Hady
Dina Hady marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 2 (8th Doctor Series Vol. 2, Audio CD)
  • Doctor Who: Immortal Beloved
  • Doctor Who: Orbis (The New Eighth Doctor Adventures)
  • Doctor Who: The Chimes of Midnight (Big Finish Audio Drama, #29)
  • Doctor Who: Deimos
  • Doctor Who: Caerdroia (Big Finish Audio Drama, #63)
  • Doctor Who: Terror Firma (Big Finish Audio Drama, #72)
  • Doctor Who: Spare Parts (Big Finish Audio Drama, #34)
  • Doctor Who: Dead London
  • Doctor Who: Dark Eyes
  • Doctor Who: Seasons of Fear (Big Finish Audio Drama, #30)
  • Doctor Who: The One Doctor (Big Finish Audio Drama, #27)
  • Doctor Who: Davros (Big Finish Audio Drama, #48)
  • Doctor Who: Horror of Glam Rock
  • Doctor Who: The Natural History of Fear (Big Finish Audio Drama, #54)
  • Doctor Who: The Marian Conspiracy (Big Finish Audio Drama, #6)
  • Doctor Who: No More Lies
Eddie Robson is a comedy and science fiction writer best known for his sitcom Welcome To Our Village, Please Invade Carefully and his work on a variety of spin-offs from the BBC Television series Doctor Who. He has written books, comics and short stories, and has worked as a freelance journalist for various science fiction magazines. He is married to a female academic and lives in Lancaster.

Robson
More about Eddie Robson...

New Eighth Doctor Adventures (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 1 (8th Doctor Series Vol. 1, Audio CD)
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 2 (8th Doctor Series Vol. 2, Audio CD)
  • Doctor Who: Horror of Glam Rock