Start by marking “Arthur's Teacher Moves In: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series) ” as Want to Read:
Arthur's Teacher Moves In: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)

Arthur's Teacher Moves In: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Arthur is overwhelmed with dread when he hears that his teacher is coming to stay at his house. But soon, Arthur discovers that Mr. Ratburn is just like everyone else. Arthur thinks his problems are over, but when he gets an A on his test his friends start calling him a teacher's pet. In the end, Arthur and Mr. Ratburn set the record straight. Text copyright 2004 Lectorum ...more
Published September 1st 2000 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published July 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur's Teacher Moves In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur's Teacher Moves In

Far
An Arthur book?! I know what you must be thinking... why a children's book?

Well, one of my best friends and I went to the library and fangirled over the Arthur television show, filled with nostalgia - so we decided to read some of the books before closing. I picked up this one because I thought, whoah when did Ratburn move in!?

It was an extremely amusing tale of how Arthur learns that his teacher isn't all that bad, and is human like everyone else - I feel like teachers would enjoy this book be
Amy
Arthur assumed that Mr. Ratburn was mean because he was his teacher. However, when Mr. Ratburn stays the night at Arthur's house while his roof is being fixed, Arthur learns that Mr. Ratburn is just like everyone else. This is a good book to use to teach students about not judging others until you get to know them.
Sophia Martin
Mr. Ratburn is moving in with Arthur! How terrible! Living with your teacher!? Who knew teachers had lives outside of school. Could Mr. Ratburn actually be a normal animal. Maybe him moving in won't be so bad at all. Arthur is considerin gthese things while taking slack from his friends.
Meg
The storyline here is completely implausible (wouldn't Mr. Ratburn stay with a colleague or at a hotel before staying with a student's family?). But I can't help myself, I love Marc Brown's illustrations, and his storylines always strike a chord with kids.
Rachel
This book is a good book to teach about peer pressure and judging others. Arthur gets teased for having his teacher stay at his house-by the end he realizes his teacher is a person who enjoys basic things like him.
Betsy
A great book to teach students that teachers don't live at school. It could also be used to illustrate how hurtful it is when we tease our friends.
jenna nims
typical arthur book - caroline loves them i think they are boring - so i'll give it 3 stars as an average of our 2 scores.
Tania
Dec 07, 2010 Tania added it
Teachers aren't so bad afterall, Arthur. Teaches kids that teachers aren't scary.
Tierra Garr
I felt sorry for Arthur in this story as he was teased about being the "teacher's pet."
Cana
Mommy says: Hmm. Mr. Ratburn isn't so bad after all. We love Arthur books.
Amanda
Another Marc Brown author study book...again, a little boring.
Theresa
what do you do when your teacher comes to live with you
Amber White
just imagine if your teacher stayed at your house
Steph
Jun 02, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Bro
Vanesa Retana
Vanesa Retana marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Misty
Misty added it
Dec 13, 2014
Taylor Baker
Taylor Baker marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Bri
Bri added it
Nov 29, 2014
Ann
Ann added it
Nov 18, 2014
Krystal White
Krystal White marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Maggie
Maggie added it
Oct 21, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Norma Dominguez
Norma Dominguez marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Ann Su
Ann Su added it
Sep 08, 2014
  • The Jacket I Wear in the Snow
  • My Brave Year of Firsts: Tries, Sighs, and High Fives
  • The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip (The Magic School Bus, #9)
  • Froggy Plays in the Band
  • Zack's Alligator
  • Amelia Bedelia Under Construction
  • No T. Rex in the Library
  • The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...
Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Halloween (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's New Puppy (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)