Swift Edge (A Charlie Swift Mystery #2)

Swift Edge (A Charlie Swift Mystery #2)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  28 reviews
A world-class figure skater, Dara Petersen, hires Swift Investigations to find her pairs partner, Dmitri Fane, who has been missing for over a week. The pair are America’s best hope for a medal in the upcoming Olympics, just weeks away. Charlie Swift and Gigi Goldman pursue Dmitri, hampered by Gigi’s teenage daughter Kendall, who has a mad crush on the missing skater. Then...more
Paperback
Published January 2014 by Worldwide Library Worldwide Mystery (first published November 22nd 2011)

Vicki Gooding
The setting is in CO Springs, CO. Charlotte Swift (Charlie) is a P.I. that is hired to find a missing Ice Skater, and of course she knows nothing about the sport. She has an assistant who is the personality of the two. Charlie has no-nonsense attitude and even through multiple body injuries continues to do what she was hired to do. Her assistant has a 14 yr old pampered and petty girl that is woven through out. Lots of action and humor. The book is filled with Russian Mafia ties, family members...more
Carl Brookins
Judicious blending of two quite different characters as private investigators carries this story of murder and identity theft on a rollercoaster of humor and tension. Gigi Goldman, one half of the investigator team of Swift Investigations is inept at best. I mean how about trying a surveillance gig from a yellow Hummer? Charlie Swift is the more competent partner with background and experience and she carries the bulk of the serious investigation that is at the core of this slickly written, well...more
Ed
#2 in the Charlotte “Charlie” Swift series. PI Charlie Swift, ex-Air Force investigator, is getting accustomed to her new partner Gigi Goldman, who inherited half of the agency. But it's harder to get used to Gigi's obnoxious, lazy, teenaged daughter who is supposedly working part time at the agency during her school break. A new client is a skater looking for her pairs partner before the Nationals are scheduled. As Charlie tries to track him down, with peripatetic help from Gigi's daughter, als...more
Lori
Second in DiSilverio's 'Charlie Swift' mystery series. Charlie and her inexperienced new partner Gigi accept what seem to be two straightforward missing persons cases; both a world-class figure skater and a homeless youth have gone missing, and the agency is hired to find both - by separate people. It soon becomes obvious that the skater is not just hiding away for a few days with a new squeeze, a theory advanced by an old friend, when his coach is discovered after being brutally beaten. Gigi ag...more
Kristi
Charlie Swift is hired to find a missing ice skater, who has disappeared a week before an important competition to qualify for the Olympic games. As Charlie looks into the disappearance, people start getting hurt and then killed. Meanwhile, Gigi is put on the case to help Father Dan locate a missing teen. While Charlie would still rather work alone, she and Gigi have begun to work better together. The second in the series, this was another fun read.
Susan
Charlie Swift is hired to find famed ice skater Dmitri Fane, who is missing just when he and his partner should be practicing for the forthcoming Olympic trials. Fortunately, Charlie's partner's daughter Kendall is an aspiring skater and can fill Charlie in on what she needs to know. But nothing can prepare Charlie for the series of murders that follow, with all the victims being people who know Dmitri well.
Michele
I'm not a fan of figure skating, but this book centers around it...and, it may be cliche to say there is a Russian skater controversy, but the story isn't "one of those". I enjoyed it, I was trying to figure out "who done it", I was CRACKING up reading about Gigi's escapades, wanting to slap her obnoxious daughter into next week, and wondering when Charlie is going to flirt back with the men in her life!
Janet
Swift Investigations was hired to find world-class figure skater Dmitri Fane after he disappears weeks before the Olympics try-outs. Charlie Swift and her partner, Gigi Goldman, feels that this will not be too difficult to solve. But after Dmitri skating team's coach is brutally attacked and one of Dmitri's friend is murdered, things starts getting complicated. A fast paced, easy read.
Virginia
Book is a Colorado based Stephanie Plum. The protagonist is a little less accident prone but so similar. there is the cop love interest...there is the ex hubby baggage...and there is the Lula in the form of Gigi her partner.
It was entertaining but I am truly curious to know what came first the Plum or the swift
Penny Ramirez
Well, this wasn't as good as the first Charlie Swift mystery, but it was ok. Good premise, more or less easy to figure out the mystery, but seemed to get bogged down in little backstory details, and not nearly as funny as the first. Perhaps in the 3rd book DiSilverio will find her stride again.
Kristin Redmond
Very enjoyable mystery set in Colorado Springs. Private detective Charlie Swift and her unlikely sidekick Gigi are trying to find a missing figure skater bound for the Olympics. Several things get in their way of course with a little mayhem to make things interesting.
Elizabeth
My first encounter with Charlie was entertaining as was getting acquainted with Colorado Springs. Interesting mystery along with getting a peek into the professional ice skating world.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Swift Investigations Mystery
Amber
I picked this up off the library shelf, which rarely turns out to be a good idea. I was pleasantly surprised to find this was a fun, funny mystery. I am reading the first book now :)
Rebecca Crowley
Laura DiSilverio delivers yet another page turner. I have read 2 of her books and she does not disappoint. She is nothing short of prolific. Watch for more books by DiSilverio.
Lauren
This was a great little read. The only reason I'm giving it 3 stars was because I thought the ending just fell off and I hate it when a really good read just ends kind of 'blah.'
Deborah
Picked this up at the library on a whim. Interesting plot, OK dialog & characters. Would have liked a lot less tell and a lot more show.
Ann
Slow moving. The ice skating just didn't interest me. the first book of the series was good, but this one fell flat for me.
Ruth
Charlie's hired to find a missing Olympic ice skater. Gigi is looking for a young man missing from a shelter.
Amygk
A fine piece of fluffy mystery. Nothing remarkable going on here, but an enjoyable read none the less.
Patricia
This was an OK cozy mystery and I will read more in the series. I like ithat there is some humor in these.
night music -- bring on the clowns ♫
Enjoyable characters, but silly, cliched plotting with MC who is described as intelligent acting otherwise.
this book is the best of the 3. I'm getting use to the use of the dialog
Harry Lane
Light reading, reminds me of cotton candy. Liked it anyway.
Nana Sue
Great book! Had me laughing almost all the way through the book.
Chris
A quick read - good story teller.
Ruth
kind of zany women P.I.'s.
Donna
Oct 28, 2011 Donna marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Toto
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Kathy H
Kathy H marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
I'm the author of the Swift Investigations and Mall Cop mystery series.

After twenty years as an Air Force intelligence officer – serving as a squadron commander, with the National Reconnaissance Office, and at a fighter wing – I retired to parenting and writing full-time.

Spying was easier.

(Laura DiSilverio is also Ella Barrick.)
More about Laura DiSilverio...
Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1) Swift Justice (A Charlie Swift Mystery #1) All Sales Fatal (A Mall Cop Mystery, #2) Malled to Death (A Mall Cop Mystery, #3) Swift Run (A Charlie Swift Mystery #3)