Start by marking “Crashed” as Want to Read:

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  1,029 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
One Thing Emily Taylor has always longed for is a happily ever after. After a series of losses, betrayals, and a few crap-tastic dating experiences, she has settled into a simple life which includes little more than her cat, work, and a foul-mouthed best friend. Then, she meets Avery...

Avery Martin is a simple man, a country boy at heart who is working at his dream job as
Published December 28th 2013 by Beau Coup Publishing (first published August 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Crashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crashed

Pamela
Oct 23, 2014 Pamela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, dnf
I wish I could get my money back on this one. Just not for me. Gave up a third way in as I found the story to be not only unrealistic, I felt the love story was moving unbelievably fast, and thought both protagonists were immature.
KDiddlee
Aug 19, 2013 KDiddlee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
***THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I read Ms. Elwood's first book, and the spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes made it difficult to get through. Fortunately, this book seems to have had a better editor because for the most part, those basic issues have been resolved. Unfortunately, what's left is just the story, and it's a pretty predictably bad one at that.

The first thing I noticed is that this plot is very similar to the plot in the author's first book:

Both of the main characters have s
YesItIsMe
Aug 15, 2013 YesItIsMe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A firefighter's wife should know this... Avery moving Emily out of the car after having to be cut out of the car and just picking her up is a big no no! Where's the back board and neck brace that should be in place before even thinking about moving a accident victim?
No different than TMO... a streaming file of crap!
Kaylee
Aug 15, 2013 Kaylee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
About all I can say is this was marginally better than the author's first book. I was hopeful after reading so many glowing reviews of it, but don't waste your money. It's just not worth it at all. There were still numerous spelling and grammar errors in this one. However, it seems the author must have gotten herself an SAT prep vocab book or something because she threw in some big vocab words, but sadly used them incorrectly. The romance scenes were childish and mechanical. There was a point ...more
Jenny Roundtheblock
Aug 16, 2013 Jenny Roundtheblock rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
While I do agree that this is better than the first book Ms. Elwood put out, it's still a HUGE disappointment.
Some of the word she used just don't make any sense whatsoever. I mean, who reapplies their underwear? Why would you use that word? It just seems like Ms. Elwood was trying a little bit too hard to make herself seem more knowledgeable than she obviously is.

And why would you be glad that someone you just had sex with "reapplied" (sorry but I seriously LOL when I see that) their underwear
Victoria
Nov 07, 2014 Victoria added it
Shelves: dnf, free-read
I was excited to pick this up for free because it was on my TBR list but sadly this is a DNF for me. Unfortunately, I just don't like the authors writing style. The story overall just seemed very immature and I stopped at about 45% in. Moving on to something else.
Kim
Apr 18, 2014 Kim rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, read-in-2014
I read to 10% and DNF.

The dialogue was awful. Emily is the heroine. Her parents died in a car accident on the day of their funeral, her boyfriend, Jared, breaks up with her. Some two years later, she is on her way to work and has a car accident. She's attracted to the firefighter, Avery, who extracts her from her car. A week later, she's still in the hospital with selective amnesia. Avery comes to visit and she can remember him, so she "hits on him" by asking him to come back and visit after his
Irene
Apr 12, 2014 Irene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, romance, suspense
******SPOILER ALERT********
I was a beta reader for Danielle and was asked to write an honest review.

What should I say first? Crashed is about Emily and Avery. Emily was on her way to work when she was in a car accident. Avery a fireman was 1 of many who helped rescue her from her car. He literally cut her from her seat. The minute Emily opened up her eyes I would say Avery was hooked.
Emily was taken to the hospital where she was told she had some memory loss. Which in a way was great but then a
Sherry
Jul 19, 2016 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Crashed by Dawn Robertson is a fun, beach read – especially since it takes place in Daytona Beach! ;)

Emily and Avery meet by chance. Avery is a very handsome firefighter for the Daytona Beach Fire Department. Let me say that again. Smoking.Hot.Firefighter. Are you with me now? Yep. Thought so. Add to that, he’s a country boy from Georgia with a Southern drawl and OMG, not sure if I can stand much more!

I grew up around firefighters as my dad was a Lieutenant with Orange County Fire and Rescue. Si
Shanean
Dec 19, 2013 Shanean rated it it was amazing
*I received an un-edited ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Crashed is a wonderful love story between a beautiful head strong woman and a gorgeous southern hero.
You just can’t get any better then Avery Martin. With his sweet southern charm, big heart, flowers and midnight walks on the beach Avery will sweep you right off your feet.

Oh and can I just say "Firefighter in the house, whoop whoop!!!"

Every girl is waiting for her knight and shining armor to rescue her and that is just what Emily Tay
Tanya Vought
Aug 14, 2013 Tanya Vought rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You want a book where the man is wonderful, has southern charm, makes his lady romantic music playlists, swoon worthy and more.... GO get this book! :)

We meet Emily who is running late for work and then ends up in an accident. She needs help getting out of her car due to being unconscious and Avery (the fireman) gets her out of her car and she is attracted to his wonderful green eyes and then the rest is history... or is it?

Avery is the fireman who rescues Emily from her car. He is attracted to
Kate Phoenix
3 Stars for this sweet and solid romance. It was a whole lot better than I expected.

Emily lost her parents in a car accident (why the parents have to die in a car accident all the time I don't really know) 2 yrs ago and then her boyfriend dumped her. Nice right?

So as Murphys Law wants it what happens yep she has an accident. Avery Martins is the hot fireman on duty who cuts her out of the car.

Avery pays Emily a visit with the Captain about a week later and they get to talking they have their fi
Emily
Apr 05, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was the first time I've read anything by Dawn Robertson. I absolutely loved 'Crashed'. The characters and storyline grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. After reading this book I want my own hot fireman! :)I'll definitely read more from Dawn. I highly recommend 'Crashed'.
Misty
Apr 20, 2014 Misty rated it it was amazing
Dawn Robertson is now one of my favorite Authors! Crashed is the first book of hers I have read and I must say it was a 5 star story! Avery is one hot fireman! I just fell in love with Avery and Emily! I cried and laughed my cheeks hurt from smiling!
Hayley Faiman
Apr 30, 2014 Hayley Faiman rated it liked it
Cheesy but sweet !!! 3 guilty pleasure stars!!
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
2.5

I was really excited to read Crashed. I mean, who doesn’t love to read about a hot fireman. However, while the story was okay, it fell a little flat for me. The story line held a lot of promise, I just felt like the author didn’t quite deliver.

Emily and Avery meet when he responds to a car accident that she is involved in. Emily freaks out and asked him to go to the hospital with her. He complies and their relationship goes from there. The banter between the two throughout the book seems imma
Delta
May 04, 2014 Delta rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of light romance with a little danger
Recommended to Delta by: BookGorilla.com
Hot and sweet with a dash of danger...

Crashed is a hot, sweet romance with a little mystery and danger to spice up the story. The story begins with a bad car wreck and Emily Taylor being cut out of her demolished VW Beatle by hunky Daytona Beach firefighter and paramedic Avery Martin. Delightful romance ensues.

A sweet old-fashioned hero...

When Avery gets word that his mother is seriously ill, Emily travels with him to his home place in Georgia. There she meets his feisty Gran, who she immedi
Destiny
Apr 20, 2014 Destiny rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, I really did. I saw hot firefighter and thought this is a must read! Unfortunately it just wasn't a good read for me. I have never had a DNF and this book almost became my first. There is a typo in the first sentence of the book and I knew right then and there that this was probably going to go downhill fast.
The book had decent bones but the story line just didn't develop well. It was all over the place, the timelines didn't match up in places and there were many con
Donna
Jan 01, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
Emily Taylor is a twenty six year old event planner. Two years ago she lost her parents to a drunk driver and her boyfriend of two years for reasons unknown. On her way to work she is involved in an automobile accident. When she comes too she is in the arms of a “stunningly gorgeous” firefighter.

Avery Martin is a paramedic with Station #1. He moved to Daytona from Georgia when he was twenty. He’s dated a bit but he hasn’t met anyone he wanted to spend time with in quite a while. It’s against po
Jodie & Bree - Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads

Fun and fast read!

Emily had been in a relationship with a man named Jared. Tragic events happened and the relationship ended.
It was a very wtf.. Moment!
Things in life happen for a reason I believe and once again Emily is on the receiving end of bad. (Maybe it wasn't!)
She was running and struck by a vehicle. This is where she meets Avery. He is the firefighter who was called to the scene and saved her life.

They have an instant connection and then it blooms into love. Jared finds out a
Christine Lacombe
Jan 04, 2014 Christine Lacombe rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, I was given an copy of this book by another author for an honest review. This was so good. The book starts with Emily's parents dying in a car crash and her boyfriend of 2 years dumps her in the same week. What a jerk!! Then 2 yrs later, she is on her way to work, has an accident and gets rescued by Avery, a hot fireman. Emily and Avery click almost immediately. Her accident results in a slight case of amnesia, there are some things she remembers and some she doesn't. Avery's patience ...more
Christina
Mar 08, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing
Ms.Dawn I have loved you since I read Hers! This is another greatness of that beautiful mind of yours! You have Emily Taylor.. living her life after her parents were killed in a drunk driving accident and her boyfriend walking away from her at the same time with no reason. Then you have Hot firefighter Avery Martin. OOHH boy! He moved to Daytona Beach from Georgia after a family tradgey. When Emily gets in to a bad car accident Avery's fire squad is there to help her . Avery can't get Emily out ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Crashed I liked IMMENSLY. The first chapter caught my attention immediately with Emily Taylor dreaming of a man making love to her. It just captures right away how lonely she is and how she is still holding on to hope for her dream man.

After crashing her car, sexy fireman Avery Martin comes to the rescue and soon he finds himself drawn to Emily. Feelings continue to grow between them as they spend more time with each other. I do feel that these two fell in love
Jul 26, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: love-it
What a neat quick read this is but still jam packed full of rollacoster moments that keeps you gripped till the end.

Emily was involved in a collision that ended up in her being rescued by a smoking hot fireman she cannot keep her eyes off him instantly.

Avery was the Firefighter first on the scene, rescuing damsels in distress was nothing new for him, but as soon as he caught sight of Emily he was captivated by her blue eye's they spoke to him, seeking him out.

They both have had bad experiences t
Mandi Suddath
Sep 20, 2014 Mandi Suddath rated it it was amazing
I was loaned this book by a friend who told me I need to read it! One look at the cover told me ok sure because well it has a hot fireman on it and I have a thing for that since I am one and so his my husband, anyway moving on. I started reading this and could not put it down!!! It's not only funny but a great love story. I loved the characters and the way they come together. Emily was a great character with some spunk but also that sweet soft side, Avery is the tough firefighter with a soft ...more
Meghan Smith
Apr 23, 2014 Meghan Smith rated it it was ok
I can not stand to not finish a book, but I had to really struggle to finish this. I pretty much skimmed the last 40%. I think it could of had potential, but the point of view was constantly changing, and it didn't tell you when jt would change, or whose frame of mind you would be in.

I didn't get the characters, they had a faced paced relationship and it just wasn't very real. I am glad I scored this for free, instead of paying for it. I see that it had some good reviews, and I'm glad, maybe th
Barb Johnson
Aug 01, 2013 Barb Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-beta-read
One accident, two hearts, and a life time of happiness.
Emily and Avery met on the unfortunate day, and a bond, a connection was formed.
There was one person unhappy about this connection between them, and he was making himself known, someone from Emily's past, but with her amnesia from the accident, she could not remember him, and any time he was around, or when he spoke to her, he scared her, she just couldn't understand why.
As the time passes, Emily and Avery get closer, connections bind, pass
Barb Johnson
Dec 17, 2013 Barb Johnson rated it it was amazing
One accident, two hearts, and a life time of happiness.
As the time passes, Emily and Avery get closer, connections bind, pass
Lisa
Aug 10, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Totally loved Crash. It was sweet and charming and suspenseful. Crash is about Emily who after loosing her parents, boyfriend, and love struggles to keep it together. When and accident and a hot fireman come into her life things change. Bouts of memory loss and a Fireman Martin who takes an interest in Emily after a few dates their attraction towards each other is hard to miss. Though there is a deep dark secret and some dangers that come from her past and are now threatening to ruin her future. ...more
Evette
Aug 26, 2016 Evette rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
**I was given an e-book from the author in exchange for an honest review.**

I loved this book. It is the first I have read by Dawn and I already have ordered all of her other books.
This was a steamy, yet sweet romance. There is insta-attraction, yet they become friends and go from there. I like them together- Avery is good Southern boy, loves his grandma and is looking for the one. Emily has been dealing with loss, not quite sure what she wants out of life and is just going through the
  • What Endures
  • Hot Point (Firehawks, #6)
  • Kisses to Remember
  • Wounded (Aspen, #0.5)
  • Right Now (Seduced, #1)
  • Salvaged (Love & Repair, #2)
  • Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops, #3)
  • Daring (A-Tac, #3.5)
  • Battered Not Broken (MMA Romance Companion Novels, #1)
  • Summer Dreams
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Love Burned Deep
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Disguised Blessing
  • Blue Flame (Firefighter #2)
  • No More Running
  • All Wrapped Up (The List, #2)
  • My Savior Forever (Forever, #1)