Start by marking “Curious George's 1 to 10 and Back Again” as Want to Read:
Curious George's 1 to 10 and Back Again

Curious George's 1 to 10 and Back Again (Curious George Board Books)

Curious George is one of the most beloved of all children's book characters. Now, in these four board books, toddlers can learn about basic concepts--including the alphabet, opposites, emotions, and counting (forward and backward)--with the help of their favorite mischievous monkey. The set includesCurious George's OppositesRiding forward and backward on his bicycle and le ...more
Board Book, 22 pages
Published September 1st 2003 by Houghton Mifflin (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George's 1 to 10 and Back Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George's 1 to 10 and Back Again

Emerson and Theodore
Jul 10, 2012 Emerson and Theodore rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
This board book teaches counting with a series of vignettes from a variety of curious George classic books. The book counts from 1 to 10 and then back down again. Many of the scenes evoked memories from reading curious George when I was a child. There were several scenes from a book that I can remember where George swallows a piece to a puzzle and has to go to the doctor I remember that he drinks barium and gets a radiograph. He later puts on a puppet show. All very nicely done drawings
Brittney Dermo
Curious George's 1-To-10 And Back Again Board Book teaches children about basic concepts. This book introduces young readers their first numbers. This book is a simple yet captivating book for young readers. This book not only teaches counting but also how to count forwards and c=backwards. This is a very relatable book to many children. I would use this book in my classroom to help teach my students numbers.
Kelsea Breedlove
Oct 19, 2015 Kelsea Breedlove rated it really liked it
Shelves: beginning-books
Curious George's 1 to 10 and Back Again book captures young readers attention right from the very beginning. It uses, visual aids, descriptive language, yet simplistic language to help younger readers begin to read as well as count. Curious George's adventures allow for students to start to understand curriculum on their level. I would use this book in my classroom when I first start to introduce counting, as well as introducing different life lessons that come along with these books.
Ashlee
Oct 16, 2015 Ashlee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beginning-books
Curious George's 1 to 10 and Back Again is a beginners children book by H.A Rey. This beginners book teaches the children how to count to ten. It includes very funny illustrations of Curious George being funny and goofy which automatically grabs the students attention. This book includes Curious George using objects to show the students each number. I will use this book in my classroom to help the students learn their numbers.
Taylor Hainley
This counting book is a very easy read for beginning students. This book teaching counting to 10 in a fun and creative way. The illustrations in this book are very fun and colorful to grab the students attention. I would use this book in a pre-k classroom. I would also have this book out during stations.
Terry
Mar 05, 2008 Terry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: preschools, preschool parents, kids learning to count
This one is easy to read and the nature of George's counting discoveries allow you to add sound effects or add to the 'story' because the pictures are expansive.

If you're looking for a counting book that potentially does more than catalog objects, this is it.

href="http://www.thereadingtub.com/displayB..." target="_blank">The Reading Tub(r).
Johannah
Mar 29, 2008 Johannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
A great book for the car as the illustrations are busy without being overwhelming. Our toddler can pore over this book for long periods of time, and the illustrations include many objects from everyday life. As his vocabulary grows, this book always has something new to relate to-- clothing, animals, toys, etc.

Also love the fact that George is not getting into trouble in this book.
jacky
Aug 17, 2014 jacky rated it liked it
Shelves: board-books
A great counting book for George fans, like my nephew. I like how it uses the original artwork instead of art from the new cartoon show. George is in every picture, rather than just items related to George. I also liked how it counted back down from ten, too.
Alexis Smith-Gaddis
Nov 22, 2015 Alexis Smith-Gaddis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beginning-books
This basic counting children's book teaches students how to count to ten forwards and backwards. This is a fun, creative beginning book. I love the illustrations used to teach numbers one through ten. I would use this book in a pre-kindergarten classroom to teach them basic numbers.
Alli Eidson
This book concentrates on number and counting as it uses Curious George to count to 10 and then count down from 10. I would use this book in my pre-k or kindergarten when they are learning their numbers and how to count in order to 10.
Ashley Cochran
Jessica L.
Counting book with classic scenes from Curious George books. Covers from 1-10 then 10-1.

Theme: counting

This can be used in a kindergarten class
Amy Nicole
Amy Nicole rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Loel
Loel rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Samuel
Samuel rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2011
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2008
Justanna
Justanna rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
George
George rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2010
Tamara
May 30, 2007 Tamara rated it it was amazing
My daughter loves seeing what George gets into next.
Rona
Rona rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2010
Ciara
Ciara rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2008
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2008
Marianna
Marianna rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2008
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2010
Momma's
Momma's rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2010
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Chase
Chase rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Parker Rose Paduano
Parker Rose Paduano rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2013
brisket
brisket rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Hans Augusto Rey was born on September 16, 1898, in Hamburg, Germany. He grew up there near the world-famous Hagenbeck Zoo, and developed a lifelong love for animals and drawing. Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein (who would be known to most of the world as Margret Rey) was also born in Hamburg on May 16, 1906. The two met briefly when Margret was a young girl, before she left Hamburg to study art. The ...more
More about H.A. Rey...

Curious George Board Books (8 books)
  • Curious George's ABCs
  • Curious George's Are You Curious?
  • Curious George's Opposites