Start by marking “Sweet Relief: The Marla Ruzicka Story” as Want to Read:
Sweet Relief: The Marla Ruzicka Story

Sweet Relief: The Marla Ruzicka Story

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Marla Ruzicka was a free spirit, a savvy political operator, a wartime Erin Brockovich. Fiercely determined to improve the lives of the less fortunate, the twenty-something blonde was instrumental in convincing the U.S. government to pass historic legislation aiding civilian victims of war.

Sweet Relief recounts Marla's journey from an idyllic childhood in a small Californ
Published October 1st 2006 by Gallery Books (first published September 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Relief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Relief

Janel Chapman
I knew Marla from the time she was a baby. She was so spirited. Reading this book brought back good memories of an incredible young woman.
Chris
I picked this up ages ago, and after reading Babylon by Bus, where Marla is mentioned, it reminded me of this book and it seemed an appropriate time to finally start reading this. Got through the first couple chapters and I can't put it down. What a charismatic woman!
I've finished it now and WOW! What an amazing woman. She did so much to aid civilian casualties of war in Afganistan and Iraq. She was absolutely manic in her energy and charm and managed to do things no one else ever could simply
Cherie
Aug 13, 2007 Cherie added it
Recommends it for: activitists
Rating: A
Jen told me this book changed her life, and it definitely is inspiration. It brought tears to my eyes; the story of a dedicated and manic young activist who died at age 28 (a year older than me) in Iraq. She did so much and was so unappreciated…Sad but a great book.
Carryl
I read this book over the holidays and couldn't put it down. For such a young life, Marla sure did live a full life. She took risks and only wanted to help those in need. If we could all help those in need....

Book 9
Hosted by Lisa in the cool Funky Art House!
Bilingual Librarian
This girl's story is absolutely amazing and inspiring. Her mania comes across each page, in an unnerving, yet truly inspiring way. I admire her work, but was also reminded me that we can't keep helping once we're dead.
Linda
Another great woman, as Rachel Corrie, that stood up for Palestinains having rights. Also dying for the cause and will not be forgotten.
Deborah
I knew Marla, so maybe I'm biased, but read this book and you'll understand how one person can and does change the world.

Carmelo Valone
One of those inspiring stories you have to read.
Melissa
A must read...REALLY!
Karendenice
Karendenice marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Nabihah MK
Nabihah MK marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Hannah
Hannah is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Methodtomadness
Methodtomadness marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012