Judy Blume (5 Book Set) Are You There God? It's Me Margaret; Then Again, Maybe I Won't; Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great; Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing; Blubber

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Published August 14th 1977 (first published 1977)

Penny
The name blubber all started out of a mini-essay about any topic you wanted to write about. So this girl,who was ...fat, wrote about bubber[the fat skin of a whale:] .Everybody in her class started calling her blubber since that day on.She had a very low self-esteem and was very upset.READ THIS BOOK FOR MORE INFO!!!
Kelsie
You gotz' to give mad props to Judy Bloom. Sure some of it was dirty and weird, awkward and icky (in a sugar coated sort of way) but hey I was feeling it then and I bet those folks in the 9-14 year old age range need in little Bloom in their lives!
Maria
ok, so I read all the Judy Blume books while I was growing up... I used to borrow them from the library and even my mom would end up reading them. They are all great books, never got bored of any of them.
Lukas
I remember when my godmother (who was a teacher) gave me this box set. Blubber and Then Again, Maybe I Won't really struck a chord with me since I was this fat kid who had stomach trouble when I lied.
Kelly Anderson
Gotta love Judy. Hard to believe that these gems are on the American Library Association's Most Challenged Books List. Maddening.
sabrina
this is a great book. Margaret talks to god through out the book asking him for help, advice, and courage for her day to day life! This book is a must read!
Kendra
Nearly all of the children of women in our book group are daughters, so we decided to give these Judy Blume books a fresh read. Great books.
Natalie
margaret is a 12 year old whi set her adventures to the point she had just moved to new york and from there she'll have to make new friends
Annalisa
Oct 24, 2007 Annalisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all children
Shelves: childrens
I loved Judy Bloom as a child and while I have not read all of these tales, I still think Judy Bloom is a classic for all children.
Linda
Jan 14, 2008 Linda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: teen
Everything about being a pre-teen that I did not learn from my parents, I learned from Judy Bloom books. :-)
♥Rana♥
THE ARE VERY FUNNY BOOK. I ENJOYED READING THEM :)!!!!!!
Eleanor Williams
It was something a person can relate to.
Ryan Paine
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume (?)
Taylor
all girls should read this book !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sydney
pretty good recomend it manly for girls
Chloe
a great 6th grade girls book!
Lori
loved these when I was in 6th grade
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Echo
Echo marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Arcino Adriel
Arcino Adriel marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Judy Blume spent her childhood in Elizabeth, New Jersey, making up stories inside her head. She has spent her adult years in many places doing the same thing, only now she writes her stories down on paper. Adults as well as children will recognize such Blume titles as: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret; Blubber; Just as Long as We're Together; and the five book series about the irrepressible Fu...more
More about Judy Blume...
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (Fudge, #1) Summer Sisters Superfudge (Fudge, #3) Forever