Start by marking “Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, Then Again, Maybe I Won't, Otherwise Known As Sheila the Great, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Blubber” as Want to Read:

Published August 14th 1977 by Dell (first published 1977)

Be the first to ask a question about Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, Then Again, Maybe I Won't, Otherwise Known As Sheila the Great, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Blubber

Penny
Apr 09, 2009 Penny rated it it was amazing
The name blubber all started out of a mini-essay about any topic you wanted to write about. So this girl,who was ...fat, wrote about bubber[the fat skin of a whale:] .Everybody in her class started calling her blubber since that day on.She had a very low self-esteem and was very upset.READ THIS BOOK FOR MORE INFO!!!
Lukas
Nov 27, 2007 Lukas rated it it was amazing
I remember when my godmother (who was a teacher) gave me this box set. Blubber and Then Again, Maybe I Won't really struck a chord with me since I was this fat kid who had stomach trouble when I lied.
Kelsie
You gotz' to give mad props to Judy Bloom. Sure some of it was dirty and weird, awkward and icky (in a sugar coated sort of way) but hey I was feeling it then and I bet those folks in the 9-14 year old age range need in little Bloom in their lives!
Maria
Apr 27, 2009 Maria rated it it was amazing
ok, so I read all the Judy Blume books while I was growing up... I used to borrow them from the library and even my mom would end up reading them. They are all great books, never got bored of any of them.
Kendra
Jan 26, 2009 Kendra rated it it was amazing
Nearly all of the children of women in our book group are daughters, so we decided to give these Judy Blume books a fresh read. Great books.
Kelly Anderson
Apr 25, 2008 Kelly Anderson rated it really liked it
Gotta love Judy. Hard to believe that these gems are on the American Library Association's Most Challenged Books List. Maddening.
Annalisa
Oct 24, 2007 Annalisa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all children
Shelves: childrens
I loved Judy Bloom as a child and while I have not read all of these tales, I still think Judy Bloom is a classic for all children.
sabrina
Feb 03, 2010 sabrina rated it it was amazing
this is a great book. Margaret talks to god through out the book asking him for help, advice, and courage for her day to day life! This book is a must read!
Katherine
Jan 21, 2015 Katherine rated it really liked it
these were my favorites as a preteen. .
Chloe
Aug 07, 2009 Chloe rated it really liked it
a great 6th grade girls book!
Linda
Jan 12, 2008 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
Everything about being a pre-teen that I did not learn from my parents, I learned from Judy Bloom books. :-)
Taylor
Apr 04, 2008 Taylor rated it really liked it
all girls should read this book !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Natalie
Mar 25, 2011 Natalie rated it it was amazing
margaret is a 12 year old whi set her adventures to the point she had just moved to new york and from there she'll have to make new friends
Felicia
Felicia rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2014
J Maisie
J Maisie rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2010
Ginny
Ginny rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2008
Maizy Greenberg
Maizy Greenberg rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2013
Orlaith
Orlaith rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2008
Helen Baumgarten
Helen Baumgarten rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Divya
Divya rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Olivia Buck
Olivia Buck rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Kimberly Hughes
Kimberly Hughes rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2009
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2008
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2009
Tasha
Tasha rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2007
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2008
Shaunte Richard
Shaunte Richard rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Ramona Collection, Vol. 2: (Ramona, #4-#5, #7-8)
  • Girls Who Looked Under Rocks: The Lives of Six Pioneering Naturalists
  • The Babysitters Club Collection #3 (The Babysitters Club, #7-9)
  • Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective (Books 1-4)
  • Light a Single Candle
  • Love and Kisses
  • Andy Warhol : Prince of Pop
  • A Frog Prince
  • Oscar's Half Birthday
  • The Mercy Seat
  • Aunt Green, Aunt Brown and Aunt Lavender
  • god bless the gargoyles
  • The Ascent of Woman
  • Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings
  • Mrs. Armitage: Queen of the Road
  • Jack and the Beanstalk
  • Women of Color and the Reproductive Rights Movement
  • Little Yoga: A Toddler's First Book of Yoga
Judy Blume spent her childhood in Elizabeth, New Jersey, making up stories inside her head. She has spent her adult years in many places doing the same thing, only now she writes her stories down on paper. Adults as well as children will recognize such Blume titles as: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret; Blubber; Just as Long as We're Together; and the five book series about the irrepressible Fu ...more
More about Judy Blume...