Start by marking “'Baptized and Confirmed : Your Lifeline to Heaven'” as Want to Read:
'Baptized and Confirmed : Your Lifeline to Heaven'

'Baptized and Confirmed : Your Lifeline to Heaven'

Baptized and Confirmed Your Lifeline to Heaven. Children, parents, and Primary teachers alike will find instruction, encouragement, and inspiration in this special book about baptism and confirmation. Here, author Elaine Cannon explains in simple terms the steps necessary to enter the waters of baptism and thus take the first step back to Heavenly Father. Baptism, she ...more
Published February 19th 2001 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about 'Baptized and Confirmed , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 'Baptized and Confirmed

Marilyn
Dec 06, 2011 Marilyn rated it it was ok
This is a chapter book that is set up like each chapter is a church talk about the details of baptism and confirmation. THere are no pictures, it's wordy and has some dated stories in it. I prefer the bullet points out of the scriptures that can springboard discussion or analogy. One analogy in here I liked was Do As I'm Doing (following the leader) with Jesus being the one to be baptized first.
Sanz
May 28, 2014 Sanz rated it liked it
I read this aloud to my seven year-old son as he prepares to be baptized and confirmed.

I am glad we read it and it led to some great discussion and explanations, but the language and overall content is above a 7 year-old level. That isn't a bad thing, it just isn't "dumbed down" which meant I needed to explain some of the words and meaning. We only read a chapter at a time because of this.

Amy
Jun 18, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
I had this when I was a girl and had fun reading it with Heidi in the weeks leading up to her baptism. I couldn't help but think, while reading, that I wish there were a better book out there with the same idea. Anyone want to write a short chapter book on baptism for kids?
Larry
Larry rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
angelle
Oct 24, 2008 angelle rated it really liked it
Wonderful gift for those getting baptised.
Jenny's
Jenny's rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Leilani
Leilani rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2008
Camille Ewell
Camille Ewell rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Tammra
Tammra rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2009
Kandice Nelson
Kandice Nelson rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Myranda
Myranda marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2008
Kaelene
Kaelene marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2008
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2010
Jaclyn
Jaclyn added it
Jun 18, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Janne
Janne marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Elaine Cannon was a former general president of the Young Women organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Before receiving that call, she was a member of the Mutual Improvement Association’s governing board and the Church’s curriculum planning, writing, activities, and correlation committees.
She also served as associate editor of Church magazines for youth and their leaders.
More about Elaine Cannon...