Start by marking “Love Hina Bd. 01” as Want to Read:
Love Hina Bd. 01

Love Hina Bd. 01 (Love Hina #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  9,496 ratings  ·  90 reviews
At the age of 5, Keitaro and his childhood sweetheart promised to meet again as students at Japan's most prestigious university. Now 20, he can't pass his entrance exams...or even remember the girl's name Stumbing into a fluke job at an all-girls dormitory may be his last chance. In the series that inspired the new hit anime, Love Hina proves that love conquers all. Even s ...more
Taschenbuch, 192 pages
Published by Feest Comics (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Love Hina Bd. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Hina Bd. 01

Julia
I found this to be disgusting.

This manga just isn't for me. I have seen a lot of positive reviews on Goodreads and had a lot of friends who recommended this to me over and over again, but just I can't do it. I can't read a manga with a shallow main character who only appreciates women for how cute and soft they are. I can't read a manga with such blatant and stupid ecchi. I have nothing against ecchi in general and I don't mind when there's some ecchi on the side, but it was seriously the entire
Aoife
Love Hina is a series where Akamatsu came into his own. He improved in art, writing and characterisation to an admirable degree and in my opinion, the animated version utterly failed to capture the charm and humor of the cast.

Less distasteful than his previous 'A.I. Love You' and perhaps lacking the formidable cast numbers of 'Negima' Love Hina is a 'harem comedy' that manages to dance the right side of funny and teasing.

Our 'hero' Keitaro is retaking college entrance exams (once more) in an at
The Crimson Fucker
mediocre at best... i remember loving the tv show... but this is anything like it! my sister is making me read manga this month! yay! she claims to have read over 600 of them! so i'm hopping things will get better soon!
Hannah
Okay, I wrote a really long rant review on this book, but I deleted it. Suffice to say: WORST. MANGA. I'VE. EVER. READ. EVER . ...more
Fredi
Awsome, nice, very romantic.
Jessica
Ian Zimmerman
This is one of the better comedy mangas ever made in my opinion. It combines the formulaic romantic comedy of the latter 20th century with the slapstick/pratfall comedy of the early 20th century. Sort of like 16 Candles as done by Charlie Chaplin, the 3 Stooges, and Laurel& Hardy. The series also features a ridiculous cast of characters including: an alcoholic writer, a homicidal, OCD plagued, Samurai and an Indian Princess with an IQ of 400 and ZERO social skills that can built a functionin ...more
Despair Speaking
Definitely, definitely way more better than the anime. It's much more fast-paced, less random, less corny, makes more sense, the art is cuter, and there are no leeways from the main plot that are annoying. It's slightly pervy, yeah, but it's still one of those slice-of-life, harem manga that you can easily get hooked into. Even until now, Love Hina is still among the top five for me in those genres.

Man, this really brings me back!!!
Starbubbles
i must say, i'm glad i got 7 books for 10 bucks. i would feel ripped-off if i had paid more for it. this style of plot never appeals to me. they are situations that spiral out of control, and then keitaro gets to take all of the blame. then the girls have the nerve to boss around their own landlord. i say kick them all out! mwahaha! i'll try another book or two, but i'm not holding my breath for it to get better
Chani
J'ai adoré !! C'est clair que je n'en lirai pas tous les jours, mais c'est vraiment agréable de lire quelque chose de lèger dans un format inhabituel (enfin pour moi !).
John Leininger
This was the first series I've read. Great story. Great romantic moments. A must-read series.
Farhin
More of a 3.59
Enjoyable and lighthearted.
James
*NOTE* This is a review for the entire series, not just the first volume.
This is a divisive story if there ever was one. Some find the humor and characters to be childish and annoying, but others see them as original and endearing. I happen to fit into the second camp.
Love Hina is, quite simply, about a boy searching for love. When he was young, he made a promise to a girl to meet at Tokyo University. And even over a decade later, he'll go to great lengths to keep that promise, which gets him in
Derek Moreland
Three stars, I guess? I don't know? I'm not...I'm trying to figure out why manga is/was so popular, working my way through the big series to see if anything hooks me. I've read four volumes of Bakuman, three of Death Note...I'm halfway through the first volume of Naruto and I'll probably not finish it. I don't think I liked this, but found it compelling enough to go ahead and pick up volume two used for super cheap? I don't know. I don't think I'm the audience for this.
Claire
Keitaru has a stupid dream that was made as a promise to himself and a childhood girlfriend. That promise is to get into Tokyo University (shortened to Todai, due to the Japanese being Tokyo Daigaku) - the only reason he seems to want to is so that he can find 'love'.

He's utterly hopeless and not very likeable at all. While its an entertaining read, it's very pervy and the women's clothes are just magically falling off all the time. The women of Hinata are generally likeable, especially the nut
David
A number of anime music videos eventually lead me to this series. When I was a teenager, it was fantastic: an early-twenties male getting to live with a collection of teenage females in an old hotel. However, the story won out, and I became more concerned with Keitaro's problems - he's failing to get into university, clumsy, and just trying the best he can. He really has no faith in himself.

Long story short, I identified with Keitaro as the story progressed. He got a little better each time, but
Mira
I remember reading this when I first started getting interest in manga (and anime). Though it happens to be some time ago, I still do remember how entertained I was when reading about Keitaro's miserable life. You never really feel bored when reading it because it contains a big amount of humor and there is constantly happening something. Though I might admit that I would feel kinda irritated reading about Keitaro being smacked by the other girls continually.

I'm not really that into harem, but L
Kristen
Oh Love Hina. I liked the series enough to read it all once before, but it is immensely frustrating. It has cute moments and funny moments, but so much trouble is caused by everyone refusing to breathe long enough to actually hear what other people are saying. So many misunderstandings.
Infinity Reading
My friend recommended this to me two years ago, and yesterday when I visited my local library, I found it.
I am normally not into manga and comic books, but I was surprised. This book have some flaws, but then again, no book is perfect.
Kelley Ross
I enjoy harem animes, so this manga was right up my alley. Funny story though... I rented a copy from the library and pages were missing. I assumed it was either librarian attempting to censor the book or an overenthusiastic teenage boy, but it just turned out that the book was old and falling apart. :) Anyway, Love Hina is a story about a boy who is trying to fufill a childhood promise and get into the prestigious Tokyo University...but he happens to be somewhat dumb and is quickly approaching ...more
Roberto Guillen
I don't like it as much now but on first reads it's pretty good
Mario Panighetti
Borders used to be my go-to place to read books without buying (sorry Borders, your chairs were just too comfy and I didn't have any money), and I tore through entire tomes of manga. Love Hina had initially attracted me with its promise of boobs and butts – and it has those in droves – but there was also an enjoyable story about destiny, and growing up, and finding your place in the world, wrapped in slapstick and raunchy humor to keep things lighthearted throughout. The premise felt a little st ...more
Christy Austen
I can't even describe how disturbing this is.
Alexat
Exetremly funny and awkward. Love the art!
Kazu
Fun book! but a bit too naughty*
Elin
Ah, Children memories^^
Ema
Estava a precisar de uma leitura leve e um pouco diferente do habitual, pelo que este mangá me pareceu o ideal. Primeiro que tudo, achei a premissa engraçada. Já sabia que tinha algum "erotismo", o que não me espantou, mas fiquei com algumas dúvidas: muitas dessas cenas são meio que forçadas e outras não são muito corretas perante as idades das personagens... No entanto, também me diverti, cheguei até a dar gargalhadas, e isso valeu pelo volume todo. É uma boa leitura para desanuviar.
Esmeralda
"Love Hina" really good book a lot of humor in it the problem for me only and that's why I didn't give it the other star was the lack of theme and the nudity to much of it to much groping and random situations that makes you think that this manga is a must not read book, but "no" this book is good if you in to randomness and humor...beware the author of this book all his manga has this kind of situations so the rating for this book is OT(older teens) for a reason or two...!!!
Erin
Dec 10, 2009 Erin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Older teenagers and up
Shelves: manga
Love Hina vol#1 is a cutsey and comical story about a teenage boy struggling to keep a promise he made to a girl when he was just a child. The first book introduces all the characters in the story and lays the foundation for the plot. It was an enjoyable and light read and I look forward to seeing how the rest of the story unfolds.

Be aware this book should be reserved for older teenagers and adults since there is quite a bit of sexual innuendos and minor nudity.
  • Ai Yori Aoshi, Vol. 1
  • Chobits, Vol. 03 (Chobits, #3)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5)
  • Megatokyo, Volume 2
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
Ken Akamatsu (赤松 健, Akamatsu Ken, July 5, 1968 -) is a Japanese mangaka from Tokyo.

In his teenage years, Akamatsu failed the entrance exam to Tokyo University, and applied for Film Study instead (it is speculated that this is where he got the idea for Love Hina). Eventually, he became famous as an illustrator featured in Comiket (short for Comic Market, a comic convention bi-annually held in Japan
More about Ken Akamatsu...

Love Hina (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Love Hina, Vol. 02
  • Love Hina, Vol. 08
  • Love Hina, Vol. 09
  • Love Hina, Vol. 10
  • Love Hina, Vol. 11
Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Vol. 1 Love Hina, Vol. 06 Love Hina, Vol. 05 Love Hina, Vol. 03 Love Hina, Vol. 02