Start by marking “To Hold Infinity” as Want to Read:
To Hold Infinity

To Hold Infinity

Against a seething backdrop of social unrest and corruption, a young woman finds herself in a desperate bid to clear her son's name, a struggle that brings her into direct conflict with a malevolent force.
Published April 2nd 1998 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about To Hold Infinity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Hold Infinity

Raj
May 11, 2014 Raj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, space-opera
I'd never read John Meaney until he was guest of honour at Satellite 4 (the 2014 Eastercon), where I attended a few panels/talks/interview that he did and was very impressed with the man. I found several of his books, including this one (which he very kindly signed for me in the bar, later), cheap in the dealers' room and it was the first out of the (newly enlarged) book pile after the con.

This was quite a fun space opera, with interesting stuff about transhumanism and what augmentation means, e
Simon
Sep 22, 2015 Simon rated it liked it
I read this because I had met John Meaney at the 2014 Eastercon in Glasgow where he was Guest of Honour and liked his personal style. I have put off actually getting a copy of one of his books because I didn't want to be disappointed in books which may not measure up to the man. In fact this is a excellent first novel which goes into detail (in some minor places perhaps too much) of what trans-humanism may be like and how it would impact against the existing base humans in a transhuman lead soci ...more
Quinn
Dec 19, 2009 Quinn rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
John Meaney creates a spectacular technical world of Fulgor where humans are "upraised" to interface with machines and each other. However the "upraise" is limited to those of a higher class strata, leaving the world rife with class struggle. This is the backdrop for the two protagonists, Yoshiko and her adult son Tetsuo, off-worlders trying to navigate this new society while working through their own personal crisis and trying to catch an "upraised" serial killer. This book is filled with techn ...more
Ryun
Jul 31, 2010 Ryun rated it liked it
I’m always excited to get a new book from Pyr, because as of yet, they haven’t let me down. I’ve stumbled up against a couple of books lately that have utterly failed BOOKGASM’s 100-page test – that is, I made myself read the first 100 pages, but the quality just wasn’t there. John Meaney’s TO HOLD INFINITY – originally published overseas in the late ’90s – is the antithesis of this.

Once you get past the fairly horrible cover (more on that later), TO HOLD INFINITY is an snapshot of a stunningly
Nikki Balzer
Sep 20, 2014 Nikki Balzer rated it really liked it
while in struggled to grasp some of the ideas initially, I found it hard to put this book down. I hope there is another one in this series.
Paul
Feb 10, 2016 Paul rated it it was ok
Boring science fiction. About the mother of a computer programmer on another world who has gone missing. Lots of head implants and bad XML-like code fragments.
Ben Banton
Ben Banton rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2011
Tomaz Bercic
Tomaz Bercic rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Mbrazier
Mbrazier rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2014
Angelos
Angelos rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Paul Saxon-shaw
Paul Saxon-shaw rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2013
Gavin
Gavin rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Jokoloyo
Jokoloyo rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2012
Keith
Keith rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Paul  Perry
Paul Perry rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2010
Normalene
Normalene rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Paul James
Paul James rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Julian Morrison
Julian Morrison rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2008
Oli
Oli rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Gaygeek
Gaygeek rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2011
Tristan
Tristan rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2011
bluetyson
isbn,original
Grh_62
Grh_62 rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2011
kalayl
kalayl rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Alex Baxter
Alex Baxter rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Stephen Collins
Stephen Collins rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Dave Storey
Dave Storey rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Principles of Angels
  • Probability Space (Probability, #3)
  • Stamping Butterflies
  • Man-Kzin Wars 6 (Man-Kzin Wars, #6)
  • Take Back Plenty (Tabitha Jute, #1)
  • The Extremes
  • Polar City Blues
  • The Collected Stories of Philip K. Dick, Volume 3: The Father-Thing
  • Majestrum (Henghis Hapthorn #1)
  • The Dragon in the Sword (Erekosë, #3)
  • Encounter with Tiber
  • British Summertime
  • Lost in Transmission (The Queendom of Sol #3)
  • Murasaki
  • Thousandth Night / Minla's Flowers
  • Shadowheart (Legends of the Raven, #2)
  • Huysman's Pets
  • Knees Up Mother Earth (Brentford Trilogy)