Start by marking “Ignore the Guy, Get the Guy: The Art of No Contact: A Woman's Survival Guide to Mastering A Breakup and Taking Back Her Power” as Want to Read:

Being single isn't what it used to be... Now it means you're smart, sexy and selective. It means you have options and don't have to settle when it comes to matters of the heart. You can be a strong woman who knows and appreciates what a man brings to a relationship, but won't settle for anything less than the very best.

Leslie Braswell’s book "Ignore the Guy, Get the Guy:
Published April 4th 2013 by Create Space Independent Platform (first published March 18th 2013)

Robin Perryman
Mar 09, 2014 Robin Perryman rated it it was amazing
Great Book!

Finally someone put all that into words. This has always been my way of thinking but was always told this is why I don't have a man. Then Oh well. I have to be treated properly or he's out. I refuse to waste my time loving a man who don't love me back. Yes breakups are hard but life does go on. I appreciate the author putting it all out there. Now all women need to do is listen. All women should read this book because sooner or later it's going to happen.
Tan
Aug 10, 2014 Tan rated it really liked it
Okay, I was kind of embarrassed to put this on my shelf because it honestly sounds like the most pathetic single-girl book out there.

The title of the book should definitely be changed.

Because, this book is actually pretty damn amazing! After being shockingly houdini'd by a guy with no reason or answer in sight, I came across this book and read the great reviews. I decided to give it a shot. It couldn't hurt, right?

Put the title of this book aside, and just read it. If you're single, in a relati
Michelle
Jul 21, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer2014
A part of me is laughing so hard at my voracious appetite for dating advice books, another par of me is kicking myself so hard for not having read them earlier.
LaDrina Hall
Jul 24, 2014 LaDrina Hall rated it really liked it
Recommended

Recommended

Nice fast simple read. the book was easy to get through and has good ideas I think I'll try a few off them some confirmed my thoughts read it I think it won't be a regret.
Emily
Jul 09, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
Love this book

this book has great insight and is spot on in the message she's trying to get across. I love having an "instruction manual" for stuff like this.
Val Gunec
Mar 13, 2014 Val Gunec rated it really liked it
Great read

I like the way the author reminds women that above all else you must love yourself! very helpful. pay attention ladies
Eleanor
Jan 23, 2015 Eleanor rated it really liked it
Ahahah, I feel I'm reading so many breakup books! But these are some very needed pick-me-ups for the time being. I was a bit taken aback by the title, but I'm glad I went in for the reading anyway. Although it has some parts I do not agree very much with (the whole 'ignoring' tactics, awaiting a certain number of days, some of those 'rules'...) but there is also some interesting and lifting material on self-confidence and wholeness that was very much appreciated. So, in a way, what it did for me ...more
Tai
Apr 04, 2016 Tai rated it really liked it
This book can literally be used by guys as much as gals. Only thing you have to do is switch out all the "she," "her," and "girl/woman" for "he," "him," and "guy/man" and the book would still read just fine. Much of the wisdom imparted in this book can be used interchangeably between men and women. Some not so much since it advocates "playing games" with the opposite sex and using common manipulative tactics to attract a mate and/or to keep one but I can see why it would work. It's basically ...more
Kayla
Jul 06, 2016 Kayla rated it it was amazing
I needed this

I literally have been devastated to the point of in physical pain from my break up. This book wasn't just a plot to get him back from using the no contact rule, which I've read about before. It's about keeping your pride and dignity through a break up and if anything, realizing that begging and contacting never works and that you are good enough for any man. Read this if you feel worthless, or even if you don't. Read this if you ever feel crazy after a breakup, it helps.
Ashlene Simpson
Feb 28, 2016 Ashlene Simpson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Recently Dumped Individual
Great Read after a breakup! Was so good, I literally forced my friend who recently broke up with her partner to read it!

Wasn't much use to me tbh, as my break-up situation couldn't relate, but I would highly recommend for anyone who wants to get over a break-up, or pick themselves up after leaving a relationship or being dumped, it did still make me feel better about the situation and more accepting of it. Gave a lot of tips and advice.

Would likely read again if I end up in a similar situation
Heidi Flaig
May 13, 2016 Heidi Flaig rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give it about 4.5 stars but it's good enough to round up!
This is an honest, easy book to read. It is your cheerleader through a bad or unexpected breakup. It is everything you probably already know to do but need, and I mean you NEED the reminder. It actually did get me out of bed today and back into the world.
I honestly don't know that if pay $15 for it. But for a good deal or for anyone looking for that extra help, this is the book for you. You won't regret it
Vena Clark
Mar 14, 2015 Vena Clark rated it it was amazing
Read this a while ago and have only just got round to putting it on. It wasn't what I expected. Loads of girl power and a good confidence boost when you're in an awkward situation. Loads of it is common sense but it's nice for it to be written down. :-)
Kathleen Noonan
Feb 22, 2016 Kathleen Noonan rated it it was amazing
This book was on Kindle unlimited so I thought I'd check it out. It was really a good book. I was surprised at some of the "dating" recommendations it offered. It's a book that I would actually recommend to any of my single girlfriends.
Arthenia V. Temple
Dec 23, 2015 Arthenia V. Temple rated it it was amazing
Much Needed

Very helpful information that really makes you sit back and look at oneself. Some things were already known just forgotten the book is a great refresher on how to remain classy and not forget your value.

Thanks for that!!
sharon nealer
Jan 29, 2014 sharon nealer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I seen myself in this book... scary!!!

I have definitely seen the mistakes I've made in the past.. WOW!! it opened my eyes to ways I will never react again.. I am better than that and I do deserve the best... and your book confirmed that to me... Thank you...
Jan 15, 2014 Laura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
pure drivel. terribly written and tons of typos ... it's like some woman just sat in her bed, crying, and rehashed everything we already know ... there is no rhyme or reason to anything ... no order to her thoughts ... basically the title says it all.
Charred
Jun 10, 2016 Charred rated it really liked it
Really good book. It's the same information as in any other "relationship guide" but it's pretty good.
Ana
Aug 18, 2015 Ana rated it did not like it
i can believa i spent money on this! i'm pissed off!
this is just a bad version of "he's not that into you".

Nicole Serrette
Sep 26, 2015 Nicole Serrette rated it it was amazing
Great great advice!

The author hit it on the nail, she's absolutely right, why do we women not value ourselves more, respect is so important....thank you again
Shelly
May 17, 2016 Shelly rated it really liked it
It was extremely helpful

i didnt agree 100% on a few points but it was some of the best advice i have ever read
Aparna
Mar 25, 2016 Aparna rated it it was ok
Shelves: stopped-half-way
Ah couldnt get through this book! This could be a good read for someone genuinely in relationship issues, ignore otherwise.
Paige
Feb 22, 2015 Paige rated it it was amazing
good information

Great insight into men's thinking post breakup and advice on how to handle yourself like a lady. Worth the read.
brandy white
Jun 13, 2015 brandy white rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I loved it !it helped more than I thought, break ups are emotionally draining so reading this was a blessing
MasterTater
Dec 01, 2015 MasterTater rated it it was amazing
I love it!!

Break ups are hard to deal with, this book is quite a great guide to deal with break ups and speed up the self-steam .
Jaden Britt
Jan 12, 2015 Jaden Britt rated it it was amazing
loved it very informative !

read it and about to read it again :) Have always wanted a book in detail and this did it!
KIKI
KIKI rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Alia
Mar 04, 2016 Alia added it
this book is going to solve one of my big problems
Rachel Cooper
Rachel Cooper rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Irish Martinez
Irish Martinez rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You
  • The Power of Self-Coaching: The Five Essential Steps to Creating the Life You Want
  • Against Authority
  • An Adult Child's Guide to What's Normal
  • Persuasion Skills Black Book: Practical NLP Language Patterns for Getting the Response You Want
  • Social Psychology
  • Mars and Venus Starting Over: A Practical Guide for Finding Love Again After a Painful Breakup, Divorce, or the Loss of a Loved One
  • Manifesting Love: How to Use the Law of Attraction to Attract a Specific Person, Get Your Ex Back, and Have the Relationship of Your Dreams
  • Przesunąć horyzont
  • The Practice of Public Relations
  • Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation
  • Conversations With Brando
  • Grammar Girl's 101 Words Every High School Graduate Needs to Know
  • Granta 124: Travel
  • Always Hit On The Wingman...and 9 Other Secret Rules for Getting the Love Life You Want
  • The Message SOLO: An Uncommon Devotional
  • How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide to Saying Good-bye and Getting On With Your Life
  • Dawn: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #11)
Leslie Braswell is the Best Selling Author of Ignore the Guy, Get the Guy: A Woman's Survival Guide to Mastering a Breakup and Taking Back Her Power. She is an American writer that lives in Texas with her family.
More about Leslie Braswell...

“It takes a man at least three weeks to realize you’re not actively seeking him out.  After four weeks, he’s wondering what the hell you’re doing.  After five to six weeks, chances are he’ll be acting like a high school girl wondering where the hell you are, and what the hell you’re doing…if he cared for you at all.  If he hasn’t contacted you within eight weeks he’s definitely moved on and you should do the same.  Don’t give him another thought.  Don’t let it consume your mind.  Move on and be marvelous.” 9 likes
“So shift it in reverse, sit back and let him have her…she’s not near the woman you are.  Don’t demean yourself by competing and don’t be jealous…you know what she’s getting - a man that’s unfaithful, a liar and a cheat.” 8 likes