Start by marking “Fire In His Eyes (Secrets & Seduction, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fire In His Eyes (Secrets & Seduction, #1)

Fire In His Eyes (Secrets & Seduction #1)

At thirty years old Monica is about to discover real passion for the first time in her life. A chance encounter in a Tampa bar brings Victor into her life. Sexy as hell, secretive, and incredible in bed, Monica is overwhelmed in every way by this ex-military man who introduces her to all kinds of new and exciting experiences. Monica is a school teacher who longs to ...more
Published December 18th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fire In His Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire In His Eyes

Anna
Apr 30, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Monica is a 30 year old school teacher who didn't become sexual until her late twenties due to a sexual trauma at a young age. She meets Victor at a club and they quickly find they are extremely sexually attracted to one another. Monica is okay with having a temporary sexual relationship, but the more time she spends with Victor it becomes clear to her that she would like more. Unfortunately, Victor has secrets he isn't willing to share and makes it clear that he isn't able to give her a ...more
Keriann McKenna
Nov 03, 2013 Keriann McKenna rated it it was amazing
I rated "Fire In His Eyes" by M.J. Nightingale five stars because it grabbed me from the beginning and held me throughout the entire book. I found it believable and very true to life.

The characters are well developed. Monica and her sister, Ana, are quite a team. Ana is a woman on the move, typically from one man to another, and she is determined to help her sister find a man--something Monica has been avoiding for years. She had a safe, uncomplicated 'friends with benefits' relationship, but th
Emily
After an incident left Monica nervous about men, Monica finds herself thirty, single, and attracted to a man who has keep at a distance written all over him. She can't fight the attraction though and an intense affair ensues.

Victor is starting over and although Monica is they type of girl he would give anything to have, he can't. Victor is carrying a secret that he is unwilling to share, even when he falls head over heels for Monica. Sometimes doing what is right can have two paths, but Victor n
Krystyn
Nov 12, 2013 Krystyn rated it really liked it
I had the honor of beta reading this book and it got my attention from the moment I started reading it. I only rated it 4 stars because I would have liked a little more back story on the characters and how the reacted to some things in their pasts.

this book tells a great love story about a woman who finds love after a tragic event and a guy who puts his family first and will keep every secret he can to do so. I don't want to give too much away in this review so I will leave it at that. This is
Dina
Nov 01, 2013 Dina rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, couldnt put it down actually as soon as I started. I was pulled into Monica's and Victor's relationship and couldnt wait to see where it would take them. Totally recommend :)
A Goddess
Jan 11, 2014 A Goddess rated it it was amazing
I saw an excerpt on Facebook, and that was me hooked. After a quick message to the author needing to know how long I would have to wait before I got to read it, I found I was soon counting down the days!

I have to say the rest of the book DID NOT DISAPPOINT! WOW, it was hot! It was moving! It was riviting! It was passionate! Did I mention HOT? Holy melting knickers...

Right from the start, I was hooked. I didn't want it to end, but I couldn't put it down at the same time.

Monica is still dealing w
Lori Garside
Jan 03, 2014 Lori Garside rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a fabulous fast paced novel about love, rising above fears and insecurities, and accepting your loved ones – warts and all. I enjoyed this book. The main character, Monica, is a rape survivor who has put her life together. Monica is an avid runner and teacher who has broken up with her one and only boyfriend (who really was more a friend with benefits than anything else). Her sister insists she get ‘back on the horse’ and get out of her self-imposed, celibate, rut. While out at a local ...more
Keisha Carpenter

Read from February 24 to 25, 2014

Keisha Carpenter
Aug 12, 2016 Keisha Carpenter rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a read. It begins with Monica at a young age going through a terrible incident that leaves her dramatized for a period of time. Years later after only being with same guy in a friends with benefits relationship her sister Ana talks her into getting back on the saddle again. This is when she meets Victor.Victor is HOT, SEXY, and knows what he wants from her and isn't to shy about voicing it. He shows Monica things she didn't know that was possible in the world of orgasms. Let me tell ...more
Christina
Jan 11, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing
Ok give me a minute here to collect my thoughts......Can I say that YOU Ms. MJ Nightingale are like my new girl crush! Can I say that I am still having some after-affects of this SEXY, HOT, AMAZING book! You my dear have an AMAZING debut novel! Monica is 30 and has had a traumatic event happen to her when she was 17, something not easy to get over. Victor is 35 out of the Army, he too has some demons to deal with. When Monica's sister Ana tells her let's go to the club she kinda freaks out.. ...more
Donna
Apr 11, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
Monica Michaud lost her virginity to rape while she was still a teenager. For ten years she stayed away from men, can you blame her? Finally in her late twenties she trusted a close family friend to be her friend with benefits, this allowed her to experience consensual sex, through this and therapy Monica started to feel better about herself, but he moved away a year ago. Monica’s depression and OCD due to PTSD was starting to come back so her sister took her to a bar for girl’s night out.

Victor
Tnt Reviews
Jan 09, 2014 Tnt Reviews rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through TNT Reviews in exchange for an honest review.

Monica is a school teacher that finally overcame a traumatic experience when she was a teenager. She’s ready to try a relationship. Victor is an ex-military man. He has issues and is upfront about his inability to commit. He’s willing to offer Monica sex and no more. Even his time is limited. Monica agrees to his terms. She wants to get as much of him as she can. However, Victor has secrets. He never talks about
Ellen
4.5 stars!! Fire in His Eyes is an unexpected and very, very enjoyable story about two very relatable people. Once I started, I literally could not out this book down! Monica is a shy teacher who meets the handsome Victor and is immediately very much attracted to the sweet and very, very sexy ex-military man. These two are normal people with normal jobs but some heavy emotional baggage. Victor makes it crystal clear from the beginning that he wants no strings attached, but his actions belie his ...more
Mandy
Feb 04, 2014 Mandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fire in His Eyes by M.J. Nightingale
3 out of 5
Victor and Monica’s story was not what I expected. They meet in a bar, things get hot fast- and then Victor puts on the breaks at every turn. He tells Monica that he can give her one weekend a month a maybe a day during the week. And he has secrets that he can’t share. So don’t ask. And don’t fall in love with him because he offers no promises. Monica, for some reason that I still cannot fathom, falls for the jerk.
And then we learn Victor’s secrets.
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
This story surprised me! In the beginning, it was about a woman who had been raped and 10 years later she’s ready to start living again. She meets Victor in a club. He’s gorgeous, sexy, and definitely not shy about telling her what he wants to do to her and what he wants her to do to him. (I’ll be dreaming about Victor for months) One night between them turns into months and the sex is off-the-charts!!! This is where the story changes a bit. There’s one problem…he has secrets. He tells her that ...more
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

I was pulled right into the book. The chemistry between this two is off the charts HOT.

Monica suffered a trauma when she was younger and is not very trusting of men. She had a friend she was involved with that she did trust but he moved away. One night at a bar she meets Victor. Victor knows exactly what he wants from Monica and bluntly lays it out.

Victor has secrets. He wants NO relationship but Monica believes they should be together. He is her soul mate. Can they work through the secr
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 01, 2014 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
This was a really great read that I did not want to put down. I totally loved it.

Monica is a thirty year old school teacher with trust issues. She's only ever had one boyfriend and didn't feel the electricity she should have felt. After a year of being on her own she is coaxed to go to a club with her sister. Here she meets Victor and her life has changed. My feelings for these two kept changing, especially Victor. I didn't like the way to treated Monica.
Promises and lies... Yes this book is f
Lacy Daniel
Nov 11, 2013 Lacy Daniel rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book it was fantastic. I had a hard time putting it down it just drew me in. Monica and Victor click right away and their relationship is hot hot hot, but Victor has secrets and doesn't want to commit (enough said there don't want to spoil anything). anyways this book was a very believable story and I think that's why I loved it so much because it was realistic and I loved that. very awesome work on this M.J. now I kinda wanna know what happens will Ana Monica's sister ...more
Heather Way
Apr 06, 2014 Heather Way rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heather Way
Apr 06, 2014 Heather Way rated it it was amazing
Read the kindle ~Monica Is thirty year old teacher. She hasn't dated anyone in over a year. When she was just 17 she had something tragic happen to her. Which put her off of the dating seen. Then she meets Victor. He is up front with her no strings just wants to be friends with benfits.. I loved this story. Even know Victor couldn't see what was in front of him . It gave me everything I need. Love, drama and Sizzling Hot sexy scenes!! ~~From Sexyways of Reading~~
Tonya
Nov 14, 2013 Tonya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
I absolutely loved this novel and am very glad that I got to BETA read it. Thanks MJ.
I loved everything about this novel and would recommend it to anyone well as long as your 18+ anyways. LOL. I loved the sex seens and the romance and fun of this novel. I couldn't put it down long enough.
I have told MJ this that she is now one of my fave authors :).

Great Job MJ!!!!

Amanda Kay
Mar 06, 2014 Amanda Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MJ Nightingale gives a burning passionate love story. One that is steamy and hit but filled with emotion. Monica and Victor most certainly have issues big ones. Ones I didn't see coming at all. If you like a steamy, passionate romance then grab this debut novel ASAP!!! I can't wait for book two by the is fabulous author. FIVE STARS HANDS DOWN!!!!!
Patty Mcafee
Jan 09, 2014 Patty Mcafee rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. It's one of those books you just can't put down. My emotions were all over the place. Victor and Monica seemed to be the perfect couple, but Victor's secret just would not allow it. It was a well told story and I really enjoyed where there story went, and how it showed that sometimes you never know who your perfect match might be.
Amanda Kay
Mar 06, 2014 Amanda Kay rated it it was amazing
Cheryl Sanders
Aug 27, 2016 Cheryl Sanders rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

For more on this review and others, please visit http://www.welovekink.com/category/re...
Sandra Love
Feb 16, 2014 Sandra Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire in his eyes... Why yes he does. Wow this book had my emotions all over the place. The author did a great job drawing in my attention. I was quite intrigued by this storyline. I cried at the beginning :( i recommend this book. Great job.
Tracy
Jan 11, 2014 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tracy by: The Subclub books
The author did an excellent job writing this book. The story line was frighting and twisted . But also heartbreaking. The characters were dealing with a lot of issues mentality and physically. The book was just a WOW book. Something you to read and not put down..I enjoyed the book.
Candi Gabbart
Jan 16, 2014 Candi Gabbart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love Monica and Victor. My eyes did sweat a little bit. I think it could have got to the point soon. I'm glad at the end victor came to his sense.
Shannon White
Nov 08, 2013 Shannon White rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a good love story
This book will keep you on your toes I started it and could not put it down until I finished it. You will fall in love with Victor and Monica!
Rebecca Crane
Jan 04, 2014 Rebecca Crane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved loved loved this book!! 5 stars All the Way!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • An Indecent Proposition (Indecent, #1-5)
  • It Was Us (Abby and West, #3)
  • The Token 2 (The Token, #2)
  • Uncomplicated (Vegas Girls, #1)
  • Becoming Sir (The Art of D/s)
  • Finding Eva (Highland Creek Series, #1)
  • Essentialism (Life. Destiny. Fate., #3)
  • A Sweet Affair (Atlanta Affair, #2)
  • Unforgivable Sin (Escort, #2)
  • Dom Wars: Round Two (Dom Wars, #2)
  • Dangerous for You (Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Love, #3)
  • Taming Casanova (Moretti Novels, #4)
  • Flawed Perfection (Beautifully Flawed, #1)
  • Then Came Alexandra (Southern Love, #1)
  • Artificial Love (The Good Bye Trilogy, #2)
  • Intractable Souls (Bound4Ireland, #1)
  • Tragic Desires (Tragic, #2)
  • Stripped from You (Strip You, #1)

Secrets & Seduction (3 books)
  • Afraid To Love (Secrets & Seduction, #2)
  • Afraid to Hope (Secrets & Seduction, #3)