Start by marking “Don't Stop Me Now” as Want to Read:
Don't Stop Me Now

Don't Stop Me Now

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  751 ratings  ·  40 reviews
New with light water marks to jacket top, reflected in price. Another fantastic book on how the world works, and all its little nuances by BBC Topgear's controversial host. A great read. (bio)
Published October 4th 2007 by Michael Joseph (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Stop Me Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Stop Me Now

Rhonda
Michael
Apr 30, 2012 Michael rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Petrolheads who love Top Gear
Jeremy Clarkson is funny. If you want to see him at his funniest, watch Top Gear (not the crappy American remake).

I read a chapter or two of this book every night before bed, sometimes more. Each is basically the same as a Top Gear car review (and my head read it in Jeremy's voice). It's a fluff piece, but an enjoyable one. I didn't learn too much, though there was a bit more insight into the differences between the expectations of British Petrol Heads and their American equivalents, which was n
Mark Farley
Despite being mostly about cars (a subject I have very little interest in), this book still has that Clarkson ascerbic wit and outlook on life, much like his World According to... series. So if you liked them and you want to learn a bit about diffs and v8s, then this is for you...
Mark
As I like “Top Gear” and Clarkson, I bought this without fully realising what the content was. Reading his column each week - a humorous pre-amble, followed by a car review - is probably very entertaining, reading two or three years worth in one book gets wearing after a while. Midway through, I was glazing over every description of bhp and torque and under/over steer and it became a slog to finish it. Worse, items within the reviews began to repeat, compounded by the fact that he’d occasionally ...more
Tasilee
Very funny over-the-top humour around a wide range of cars
Henri Moreaux
This might have been a good book back in 2003 if you really liked cars.

Reading it now it is less relevant as the information is all in regards to past model cars and unfortunately unlike the other books of his I have read this one does not vary topics. It's all cars, all the time.

Whilst he is still funny, reading back to back about cars which are no longer particularly relevant did nothing for me, I'm sure if you're a huge car nut you may appreciate this book however it simply wasn't to my taste
Barbra
I love his sense of humour.

Back Cover Blurb:
There's more to life than cars. Jeremy Clarkson knows this. There is, after all, a whole world out there just waiting to be discovered.
Then there are the cars: whether it's the poxiest little runabout or an exotic, firebreathing supercar, no one does cars like Clarkson. Unmoved by mechanics' claims and unimpressed by press junkets, he approaches anything on four wheels without fear or favour. What emerges from the ashes is rarely pretty. But always ver
Sam Still Reading
Jun 28, 2009 Sam Still Reading rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: car lovers
Another collection of columns from Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson. The difference? These are actually about cars- the second half. The first half of each column is usually devoted to something seemingly unrelated. These are the bits I preferred as I'm not much of a European car fan. Unfortunately it's not Top Gear in book format, but there are some laugh out loud moments.
Abigayle
Feb 02, 2009 Abigayle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Gearheads, teenage boys, and anyone that can appreciate wit
Recommended to Abigayle by: Andrew
I know nothing about cars, but this man cracks me up.

It IS a little heavy on the car talk, but the guy can really turn a phrase, and the photographs of the cars are great. It took me a long time to get through it because it's easy to put down. There is no plot or story since it's a collection of his columns. Great material for a waiting room...
John somers
Selection of Clarkson's car reviews from the Sunday Times from 2003-2006. Funny as always and a great book to dip into hen you have a few minutes to spare as each section is only 5-6 pages long. As is the standard for Clarkson the first half of each review is a rant that he then proceeds to somehow relate to the car he is reviewing. Excellent.
Michele Fakinos
Although I expected this to be more like "the world according to Clarkson" and "And another Thing" it s really aimed at car lovers. Having said that the guy is so good with words I ve thoroughly enjoyed it as well as learning a lot more about cars and am now considering reading 'Motorworld' which I originally bought for my son.
Olly
Oct 01, 2010 Olly marked it as to-read
I like Clarkson because i am one of Top Gear's fan. But actually i am rather have James May for my idol. But Clarckson give a fresh air on this show with his joke, because he is the leader of the show.
I never read his books before, but i will add his books in my waiting list. I hope his books as fresh as his joke.
Maddie_jane
Brilliant read. I am by no means a person who is into cars. As far as i am concerned Jeremy Clarkson could talking about a Ford Fiesta rather than Bmws, Mercedes & other cars of that ilk . However his sheer genius way of writing had me in stitches from start to finish!
Christine
I enjoy his non-car related writing better when it comes to books but still a terrific laugh.

His distate for Americans can be off-putting as an American who doesn't think she's quite as ignorant as all that, but he seems to be an equal opportunity flamer.
Becca
Jeremy Clarkson is teetering on the border of being very not politically correct, and he quite entertaining. Even if, out of the three Top Gear presenters, I'd put his writing in second place behind James May's writing, I still really like reading his books.
Taimatai
Jau ������inau, kad sekantis mano automobilis bus su ne ma������esniu kaip 5.2l. V8 varikliu ir kokiais 500 arkli������ :) Va������in������siu 237 km/h grei������iu ir b������siu kietas. Kaip D������eremis
Liam
whenj I've seen JC on the telly I have to say that I don't particularly like the bloke - but his writing is amusing and I'll be looking for one or two of his other offerings in the future
Kylie Martin
Not his best book , but interesting to read about some of the modern cars for sale that you just, if on a normal income, cannot afford.

Lucky bastard to drive the Veyron
Vaidotas
Jau ��inau, kad sekantis mano automobilis bus su ne ma��esniu kaip 5.2l. V8 varikliu ir kokiais 500 arkli�� :) Va��in��siu 237 km/h grei��iu ir b��siu kietas. Kaip D��eremis
Marzena
It took me literally months to finish this one, can't really tell why as it's quite usual writing by Clarkson. Cars, life in general, a bit of humour here and there.
Pat
You can actually charge people to read advertisements? Cool. The guy's funny though. Only reason for the second star.
Adam
Clarkson's zenith began soon after this book, tragically ignored due to other, less deserving publications flooding the market.
Jamie Wates
This is another great book from the humorous series of Jeremy Clarkson. In this book, it is focused only on cars.
Jamie Wates
Claire-louise Tuthill
Another great book by Clarkson. His witty style of writing provides a laugh a page and this book is no different.
Chris Abraham
Funny in places but if I'd bought the Times every weekend for a few years I wouldn't have needed to read this.
Terri-Lea Chowles
Not into cars, but his ramblings at the beginning of each article were nothing but brilliantly Clarkson.
Andy Dunkley
More insane information from Clarkson about cars with side stories. Similar to his previous books.
Rishabh Kaushik
Great! as usual. And highly British too, as usual.
Colin
Very readable, however not very relevant as too much time has passed since writing
  • Notes from the Hard Shoulder
  • Elizabeth
  • O: A Presidential Novel
  • Malaysian Maverick: Mahathir Mohamad in Turbulent Times
  • Perfect Lives
  • Chicken Soup for the Ocean Lover's Soul: Amazing Sea Stories and Wyland Artwork to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • Fodor's London 2012
  • The Times Complete History of the World
Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson (born April 11, 1960) is an English broadcaster and writer who specialises in motoring.

He writes weekly columns for The Sunday Times and The Sun, but is better known for his role on the BBC television programme Top Gear.

From a career as a local journalist in the north of England, he rose to public prominence as a presenter of the original format of Top Gear in 1988.
More about Jeremy Clarkson...
The World According to Clarkson (World According to Clarkson, #1) And Another Thing (World According To Clarkson, #2) For Crying Out Loud! (World According to Clarkson, #3) I Know You Got Soul: Machines With That Certain Something Born to be Riled

“Mix an anorexic body with a heart made of pure fire and you are going to go with a savagery that's hard to explain.” 2 likes