Start by marking “Everyday Raw” as Want to Read:
Everyday Raw

Everyday Raw

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Everyday Raw is an exciting new cookbook that will introduce the benefits and pleasure of eating healthful food that is organic, fresh and good for you! Preparing and eating raw food does not mean bland, whether it is a smoothie, a salad, or a mid-morning snack, you will love the tantalizing and delicious recipes included here.

Chef Matthew Kenney has been preparing raw foo
Published March 28th 2008 by Gibbs Smith (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Raw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Raw

The 80/10/10 Diet by Douglas N. GrahamThe Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia RosePaleo from A to Z by Darryl EdwardsConscious Eating by Gabriel CousensEat Smart Eat Raw by Kate Wood
Best Raw Food Books
10th out of 39 books — 29 voters
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani PhyoRaw Food Made Easy by Jennifer CornbleetAni's Raw Food Essentials by Ani PhyoGoing Raw by Judita WignallRaw Food/Real World by Matthew Kenney
Raw Food Recipes
20th out of 43 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

I was really surprised at all of the complex foods with high soaking and dehydration times. With "everyday" raw I was looking for more quick meals. I think this will discourage some people away from raw food. Then again, if you are already a raw foodist and have a dehydrator, then you might love this book. As for me, I'm just experimenting with adding more raw food to my diet and this didn't do much for me.
Nice presentation, lots of great photos. But the recipes have way too much prep to be everyday raw. I think the title is misleading. I don't have a dehydrator so a good portion of his recipes are out. I also don't like the large quantities of nuts/oil and maple syrup/agave, that are predominate throughout the book.
Exploring the world of raw eating. I don't take everything seriously (because I don't plan to go completely raw), but this book gave me some ideas on what to use as substitutes for my semi-vegan diet. I actually don't have a specific diet, there are just a lot of "I don't eat this because of this reason" situations I get into when I try to plan grocery lists and meals. Everyday Raw had creative recipes for juicing, smoothies, salads, and dressings (it had other recipes obviously, but I was only ...more
It's a good book for picking up ideas but some recipes are more complex and time consuming. It is better suited for someone already adapting the lifestyle and can a lot a bit more time into food preparation.
The recipes LOOKED delicious! Beautiful pictures, the way a cookbook should look. However, most of the recipes had some SERIOUS prep time, (like we're talking days in advance) that discouraged me from trying most of them. This is not the cookbook for busy people who want to whip up a healthy, great tasting meal in a reasonable amount of time. Felt the title was misleading in that regard.

Update: Just looked at Matthew Kenney's other books, and it looks like he has an Everyday Raw EXPRESS book th
Mar 30, 2013 Monica added it
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a unique cookbook, and although I m not quite sure if it s my style, but there are a lot of good ideas for a vegetarian/vegan in here. While I may not use this cookbook, it certainly opens my eyes to new foods. There are a number of sprouted grains, types of sauces, and ways to prepare ingredients I never knew existed! I am curious about the use of a dehydrater (which appears to replace an oven in some cases).

For more thoughts about eating raw, visit
Avis Black
I'm dubious about raw food. Cooking kills bacteria, and breaks down vegetable matter to make it more digestible. It also degrades harmful chemicals like thiocyanate, which blocks iodine uptake by the thyroid. Thiocyanate, a precurser of cyanide, is present in raw almonds, and the latter is a staple of of the raw food diet. Thiocyanate is also present in several other raw vegetables. Nonetheless, the recipes are interesting.
I find myself using this book a lot, and really do find the recipes reasonable for everyday food prep. Some Raw cookbooks have amazing recipes, but you find yourself rarely making them because they are so complicated and expensive. This, along with Ani's Raw food kitchen are my two go-to daily books.
lots of great recipes very agave dependent for the sweets.. they are delicious but if avoiding agave then maybe not the book for you. Great savory recipes though!!!
Great book - I love the recipes, especially the smoothies! Easy to read. Kenney goes a little overboard with his used of young thai coconut, but overall, good stuff.
Really great, Raw made simple shown not to be just juice and flax. His resturant 105 degrees is a good place to stop and talk to him and pick up a copy.
library book.

This book I want on my bookshelf - great instructions and pictures for almost everything. i have made a few things from it already...
He's got some great ideas, but he depends too much on maple syrup and agave syrup. There are, however, some things I will definitely use.
Dec 25, 2008 sarah added it
Got this for Christmas and am looking forward to trying some of these recipes. Definitely excited about the prospect of raw ice cream.
Jan 11, 2010 Kaiya added it
The recipes in this book look great, but I haven't had a change to test any! Review withheld until I can check it out again.
Gyuri Grell
Reading through this book, I found most of the recipes appealing to my tastes. Can't wait to try them all out.
inspiring pictures, some fun ideas, good resource that I will be testing recipes from this summer.
It is so hard to find vegan recipes that also correspond with the Blood Type Diet :(
This is going to be fun. Raw food is perfect summer food.
Great resource for raw food cooking
Leann marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Kaja marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
George Papageorgiou
George Papageorgiou marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Tamara marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Zarriah marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
**lr** marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Raw: The Uncook Book: New Vegetarian Food for Life
  • Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
  • The Complete Book of Raw Food: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods
  • Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine
  • RAWvolution: Gourmet Living Cuisine
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
  • Live Raw: Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • Vegan World Fusion Cuisine: Over 200 award-winning recipes
  • Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body
  • Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats: Cut Out the Gluten and Enjoy an Even Healthier Vegan Diet with Recipes for Fabulous, Allergy-Free Fare
  • The Artful Vegan: Fresh Flavors from the Millennium Restaurant
  • Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day: Revolutionary New Takes On Everyone's Favorite On-the-Go Meal
  • Eating in the Raw: A Beginner's Guide to Getting Slimmer, Feeling Healthier, and Looking Younger the Raw-Food Way
  • I Am Grateful: Recipes and Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude
  • The Great Vegan Bean Book
  • Artisan Vegan Cheese
  • Happy Herbivore Light & Lean: Over 150 Low-Calorie Recipes with Workout Plans for Looking and Feeling Great
Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow Everyday Raw Express: Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less Entertaining in the Raw Everyday Raw Desserts Raw Chocolate Cookbook