Start by marking “Everyday Raw” as Want to Read:
Everyday Raw

Everyday Raw

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Everyday Raw is an exciting new cookbook that will introduce the benefits and pleasure of eating healthful food that is organic, fresh and good for you! Preparing and eating raw food does not mean bland, whether it is a smoothie, a salad, or a mid-morning snack, you will love the tantalizing and delicious recipes included here.

Chef Matthew Kenney has been preparing raw foo...more
Published March 28th 2008 by Gibbs Smith (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Raw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Raw

Diet salad recipes book- the best salad recipes for rapid wei... by Olivia DonaThe 80/10/10 Diet by Douglas N. GrahamEat Smart Eat Raw by Kate WoodConscious Eating by Gabriel CousensRaw Family by Victoria Boutenko
Best Raw Food Books
14th out of 36 books — 21 voters
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani PhyoRaw Food Made Easy by Jennifer CornbleetAni's Raw Food Essentials by Ani PhyoGoing Raw by Judita WignallRaw Food/Real World by Matthew Kenney
Raw Food Recipes
20th out of 42 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

I was really surprised at all of the complex foods with high soaking and dehydration times. With "everyday" raw I was looking for more quick meals. I think this will discourage some people away from raw food. Then again, if you are already a raw foodist and have a dehydrator, then you might love this book. As for me, I'm just experimenting with adding more raw food to my diet and this didn't do much for me.
Emily
Exploring the world of raw eating. I don't take everything seriously (because I don't plan to go completely raw), but this book gave me some ideas on what to use as substitutes for my semi-vegan diet. I actually don't have a specific diet, there are just a lot of "I don't eat this because of this reason" situations I get into when I try to plan grocery lists and meals. Everyday Raw had creative recipes for juicing, smoothies, salads, and dressings (it had other recipes obviously, but I was only...more
Synthia
It's a good book for picking up ideas but some recipes are more complex and time consuming. It is better suited for someone already adapting the lifestyle and can a lot a bit more time into food preparation.
Greta
The recipes LOOKED delicious! Beautiful pictures, the way a cookbook should look. However, most of the recipes had some SERIOUS prep time, (like we're talking days in advance) that discouraged me from trying most of them. This is not the cookbook for busy people who want to whip up a healthy, great tasting meal in a reasonable amount of time. Felt the title was misleading in that regard.

Update: Just looked at Matthew Kenney's other books, and it looks like he has an Everyday Raw EXPRESS book th...more
Monica
Mar 30, 2013 Monica added it
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a unique cookbook, and although I� m not quite sure if it� s my style, but there are a lot of good ideas for a vegetarian/vegan in here. While I may not use this cookbook, it certainly opens my eyes to new foods. There are a number of sprouted grains, types of sauces, and ways to prepare ingredients I never knew existed! I am curious about the use of a dehydrater (which appears to replace an oven in some cases).

For more thoughts about eating raw, visit http://www.monniblog.com/2009/03/ev...more
Avis Black
I'm dubious about raw food. Cooking kills bacteria, and breaks down vegetable matter to make it more digestible. It also degrades harmful chemicals like thiocyanate, which blocks iodine uptake by the thyroid. Thiocyanate, a precurser of cyanide, is present in raw almonds, and the latter is a staple of of the raw food diet. Thiocyanate is also present in several other raw vegetables. Nonetheless, the recipes are interesting.
I find myself using this book a lot, and really do find the recipes reasonable for everyday food prep. Some Raw cookbooks have amazing recipes, but you find yourself rarely making them because they are so complicated and expensive. This, along with Ani's Raw food kitchen are my two go-to daily books.
Tara
lots of great recipes very agave dependent for the sweets.. they are delicious but if avoiding agave then maybe not the book for you. Great savory recipes though!!!
Umnia
Great book - I love the recipes, especially the smoothies! Easy to read. Kenney goes a little overboard with his used of young thai coconut, but overall, good stuff.
Luci
Really great, Raw made simple shown not to be just juice and flax. His resturant 105 degrees is a good place to stop and talk to him and pick up a copy.
Natalie
library book.

This book I want on my bookshelf - great instructions and pictures for almost everything. i have made a few things from it already...
Christina
He's got some great ideas, but he depends too much on maple syrup and agave syrup. There are, however, some things I will definitely use.
sarah
Dec 25, 2008 sarah added it
Got this for Christmas and am looking forward to trying some of these recipes. Definitely excited about the prospect of raw ice cream.
Kaiya
Jan 11, 2010 Kaiya added it
The recipes in this book look great, but I haven't had a change to test any! Review withheld until I can check it out again.
Gyuri Grell
Reading through this book, I found most of the recipes appealing to my tastes. Can't wait to try them all out.
Jen
inspiring pictures, some fun ideas, good resource that I will be testing recipes from this summer.
Elizabeth
It is so hard to find vegan recipes that also correspond with the Blood Type Diet :(
Catness
This is going to be fun. Raw food is perfect summer food.
Emelia
Great resource for raw food cooking
Austin
delicious!!
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Dani
Dani added it
Oct 10, 2014
Nats
Nats marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Marcy
Marcy added it
Aug 18, 2014
Diah
Diah marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow Everyday Raw Express: Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less Entertaining in the Raw Everyday Raw Desserts Raw Chocolate Cookbook