Start by marking “The Little Mermaid (Disney Classic Series)” as Want to Read:
The Little Mermaid (Disney Classic Series)

The Little Mermaid (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,021 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Published October 28th 1989 by Viking Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Little Mermaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Mermaid

Ana Raquel
Dec 01, 2014 Ana Raquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meus queridos leitores, voltar a ler estes clássicos que li durante a minha infância, tem sido deveras divertido.

Por isso, desafio-vos para que voltem a ler estes contos infantis.
Garanto-vos que vão passar bons momentos a recordar outros tantos da vossa infância :)

Particularmente fico fascinada com estas histórias; com a forma que o escritor cria o enredo, e constrói um desfecho sempre provido de uma moral/ensinamento.
Kielen Rogers
Nov 06, 2015 Kielen Rogers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Little Mermaid is a book that is about a mermaid named Ariel whose father was King Triton. Ariel wants to be a human to explore the human world. So she goes up and looks around. But then she realizes that the royal concert is about to begin, and she is late. King Triton then banishes her from the surface. But she finds a human in need and instantly falls in love with him. I'm pretty sure we've all seen the movie and know what happens at the end. I honestly read this book because I had like, ...more
Lourdes Calleja
Jan 12, 2015 Lourdes Calleja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God, this was my favorite book when I was younger. Ariel was always my favourite Disney princess, I still love her and the story and I'm sixteen years old. I remember how fascinated I was with mermaids and how I would watch the DVD video almost night, this is what made my childhood so wonderful!
Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
I have always loved The Little Mermaid, and when I first got this book I became the happiest person in the world. Ariel has been such a huge part of my childhood and she always will be. This is one of my most favorite books even though I am older. I will always love the Little Mermaid!
Marie-Josee Larouche
Dec 21, 2014 Marie-Josee Larouche rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children, people of love Disney's classic stories
Recommended to Marie-Josee by: My mom and aunt
I fell in love with this story as a child, it was one of my favorite bedtime stories growing up. It opened up doors and the wonder and joy for reading fantasy, and out of the ordinary stories. This story is still one of my favorite Disney Classics of all time.
Eleclyah
La sirenetta è stato il mio primo vero libro.

Avevo sei anni, e quel giorno mia mamma mi aveva portato per la prima volta nella piccola biblioteca del paese dove abitavo. Non sapevo dove guardare, non avevo idea di dove fossero i libri per bambini, e così la bibliotecaria mi accompagnò agli scaffali dove avrei potuto trovare qualcosa di bello per me. Scelsi questo libro, lo portai a casa e mi misi a leggere. Un'ora dopo lo avevo già finito!

Ah, che bei ricordi. È con La sirenetta che è iniziata la
Greisi
Jun 21, 2015 Greisi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very beautiful book!!
Jecula Males
Mar 18, 2014 Jecula Males rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, memories..
jacky
Jun 08, 2010 jacky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Just finished reading this aloud to Natalie. We had to do it in two sittings, but it will be a good length for when she is old enough to understand the story. The pictures were very close to those in the movie, though not quite as nice. The plot followed the movie as well. I wished there was more of Sebastian and a lot of the funny things were cut, but that makes sense for such a short book. It makes an okay bed time story or book to relive the movie, but wasn't excellent children's literature b ...more
Clarcy
I read this as an app, and it was incredibly interactive and fun!
it is the classic Disney version of the Disney's "The Little Mermaid" and it follows the movie very closely. there was a lot of opportunity to interact with the text and the fish ad so forth. it played music from the movie and was definitely something that would keep a childs attention! there was so much you could do that enhanced the story and added to its charm and understanding. I enjoyed this and I would totally recommend it!
April Washington
Nov 26, 2011 April Washington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although you think you are not notice believe me you are. One day your beauty will come to the surface and the love you seek will be right in front of you holding your hand for eternity. With all the finds in the sea you still look for happiness in other ways. Always and forever nomore searching the cold lonely sea for treasures to be because everything you need will be right there with you. Love is something like a beautiful voice saving a stranger on the seashore forever more.
Aarati
Aug 10, 2012 Aarati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite picture book when I was a toddler. I still remember my dad growling the first line (with an appropriately fierce frown on his face, of course), "King Triton was losing his temper." The ridiculously large size of this book (17.5" x 11") meant that the illustrations were also blown up (i.e. the perfect size for toddlers who want to pretend they live under the sea!).
✟Kittie Lovecraft✟
A retelling of the movie version of the story with close pictures.
Mel
Oct 06, 2012 Mel rated it it was amazing
The story behind the book is what really deserved the 5 stars. My aunt was going through some of my late grandfather's work room and found this book yesterday, still in a bag with the original receipt from 1991. We are guessing he bought me the book and forgot to give it to me. It means so much more to me now than it would have when I was 6! :')
Robert
Nov 25, 2011 Robert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is another introduction to Disney characters books. Sigh . . . the story is not told, although the final page does offer something. This isn't my kind of thing.

This book and the others in the series were books Beetle used to keep in the car to read while we traveled. For that, I suppose it was okay.
Amalie
Just three stars for this. Although the pictures were very close to those in the movie as well as the story, the book is not quite as nice. Ariel is the most free-spirited of Disney princesses! She's the teenager daughter you'd not like to have in real life :)
Alison
Another cute and fun little chapter book from Disney. I love collecting these book, they look so good on the shelf and are great for kids young and old.
Adrienne
Fun little recap of the movie version of this story. Had to wonder why Eric's eyebrows are so gray, though.
Theresa
a short retelling of the movie version of the story, with simple words and pictures from the disney movie..
Sara
Oct 06, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's about a mermaid called Ariel who falls in love with a human prince. Read this Disney Classic!
♡Kimberly♡
Classic! Being a Florida girl this was my favorate! ;) I share it with my daughter now!
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
My youngest daughter and my favorite story! I loved Ariel as a child and now she does.
John
Mar 15, 2012 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Triton is not shown being turned into sea weed. The movie was better.
Bill Davis
Feb 13, 2013 Bill Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haven loved Barnes and Noble's read to me version for Nook Color Tablet
Little Miss and the Legomeister
It's a retelling of "The Little Mermaid" movie; Little Miss enjoys it.
Theresa
Aug 10, 2011 Theresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
retelling of the movie with movie stills
Cat
Found it in the draw, not bad for a 5 min read (:
Erin
Jul 27, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like it because Ariel is very pretty.
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)
  • Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: A Classic Disney Treasury
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: A Read-Aloud Storybook
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's Storybook Collection
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • Winnie The Pooh And The Blustery Day (Winnie The Pooh)
  • The Lion King: A little Golden Book
  • Chicken Little
  • Disney's Aladdin: Little Golden Book
  • Cinderella (Disney Princess Cinderella, Volume 1)
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney's Wonderful World of Reading (1 - 10 of 174 books)
  • Across the Big Country: An Alphabet Adventure with Donald Duck
  • Brer Rabbit and His Friends (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 13)
  • The Brave Little Tailor (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, No. 18)
  • Goofy's Gags (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading, 19)
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • One Hundred and One Dalmatians
  • 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • 102 Dalmatians (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Aladdin And His Wonderful Lamp (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)