Start by marking “Me Too!” as Want to Read:
Me Too!

Me Too!

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The only time Grace can get away from her little sister, who copies her every move, is when she goes to swimming class.
Published September 3rd 2007 by Little, Brown Young Readers (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Me Too!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Too!

Brittany Davis
Picture Book Log
Title: Me Too!
Author: Jamie Harper
Category: Tumblebooks #2
Source: Tumblebooks

Me Too! is a great book for young students as many of them will be able to relate to some wanting to be just like them or having someone they want to be just alike. It a story about two sisters, Grace and Lucy, and Lucy wants to be just like her older sister. It is extremely apparent that Grace is not fond of Lucy constantly following her around and imitating her.
The illustrations were okay. I appreciate when authors write a two levels (one for the kids and another more subtle level for the parents.) This book however, seemed to be written on a third level. (So subtle that only the author and maybe a few of her close friends would understand.)
Sara Lemonade
Twice as long and twice as confusing as it needs to be.
Genre: Picture book

Reading Level: Early

Topics & Themes: Swimming. Sisters. Role-models

Curricular Use: Shared reading

Social: Teasing Gracie because trying to be like the teacher

Literary Elements: Juxtaposition of Lucy and Gracie and Gracie and Miss Finn, the swim coach. Use of “monkey see monkey do” poem throughout

Text & Pictures: interaction of text an pictures

Additional Notes: One thing to caution for classroom use, is the girls in the end, they look/are naked in the bathtub, parents ma
Dec 31, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a good book about the relationship between sisters. Growing up as an only child, I had neither the companionship nor the strife that comes with siblings. Our girls don't have that problem, but they do drive each other crazy at times. This was a good story to show how differences can be resolved as well as start a conversation on how to be more loving toward one another. Our girls enjoyed watching the story on the Tumblebooks website. ( They've asked to see it several time ...more
Me Too! is a picture book in which the pictures confirm the meaning of the book. Lucy copies everything that Grace does, and Grace gets furious at Lucy. Grace loves to swim and the swim coach Miss Finn says that Grace is a lot like her. Grace realizes that Lucy really does want to be exactly like her, so in the end Grace teaches Lucy some swimming things and they get along. I would use this book for an independent reading for an early reader.
I really liked this book a lot because it can relate to how a lot of children feel about having siblings. It is important to teach about different family dynamics to your students, and I can use this book to help teach that to them. It also has enriching text, and a good plot.
Mason, Natalie & Oliver
This is a great story for kids with younger siblings that imitate everything the older one does. The older girl in the story gets upset with her younger sister for copying everything she does - until she realizes that SHE does it to someone she admires herself.
This cute book had a great story about a little sister idolizing her big sister and the big sister learning she copies her own heroes too so she can forgive her little shadow.
Erica Eyestone
Really cute book...lots of people can relate to it. You can talk about how when someone tries to copy you it is a high complement.
my 3 1/2 year old, who gets copied by her little (1 1/2 year old) sister, loved this book.
For anyone who's had a little sister try to copy everything you did!
Danica Midlil
A gentle reminder of a tough lesson to learn.
Gary Green
Gary Green marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Paulyn added it
Apr 25, 2014
Rania marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Once upon a time, I was a pastry chef, and before that I worked in an office, crunching numbers. Writing and illustrating children's books is by far the best job I've ever had (well, that is, after being a mom). I fell in love with picture books from reading so many to my children. Then I took some classes at MassArt and tried my hand at making one myself. I got my first job illustrating a poem fo ...more
More about Jamie Harper...