Start by marking “Twas the Night Before: A Love Story” as Want to Read:
Twas the Night Before: A Love Story

Twas the Night Before: A Love Story

Certain to join O. Henry's Gift of the Magi, Dickens' A Christmas Carol, and the film It's a Wonderful Life as a Christmas classic, 'Twas the Night Before tells the story of a cynical reporter who, after a devastating breakup with his fiancee, finds that his Christmas spirit has been restored.
Published October 1st 1998 by Viking Adult

To ask other readers questions about Twas the Night Before, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twas the Night Before

Rachel
Dec 30, 2011 Rachel rated it did not like it
Grant Davis
was a little disturbed by the books parallel to a "all faiths worship the same God approach" and the God- Santa parallel was a little weak, but the base story of the actual relationship was very engaging!
L
Feb 17, 2014 L rated it really liked it
What a very sweet, romantic story! Quite different from Jerry Jenkins usual topics, this one is about two people who fall in love, with their only difference being that the woman believes in Santa Claus - not just as a historical legend but as a reality. The man, however, doesn't put much stock in Christmas at all, and certainly not in the reality of Santa. Jerry Jenkins wove a wonderful tale about how each of them becomes willing to alter their views, and at the end, are surprised by events ...more
Bonnie
Dec 09, 2009 Bonnie rated it liked it
This is a fun Sunday afternoon Christmas story to read, or re-read, as this was for me. First read in the year it came out-1998-it was fun to pick it back up to see if it was good the second time. It reads like a made-for-tv movie plot-wise, but I like the way Jenkins gets you into the characters, and the tension created between them. If you like to read a Christmas story at Christmastime, try this one.
Becki
A short novella detailing one woman's faith in Santa Claus and how that effects her life and love. Noella's finace, Tom, is about as 'bah humbug' as a guy can get. Whereas Noella believes in not just the spirit of Christmas but the jolly old man himself. Can their love last?\n\nIt was a cute story. Nothing real spectacular.
NancyInWI
Jan 01, 2011 NancyInWI rated it really liked it
Shelves: pbs, christmas, re-read
Probably the best feel-good Christmas read that I've had this season. I don't remember reading it before, though my records say I did, though it was almost 12 years ago, so I guess I can get a pass. At any rate, I would recommend this to anyone who likes reading Christmas themed books.
Donna
Jan 22, 2010 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned never to stop believing in Santa. Do not bah humbug what you don't understand.
Loved the book.
Kim
Dec 31, 2008 Kim rated it liked it
My in-laws gave this to me for Christmas. I read it on the car ride back from Dallas. It's a sweet story, but a bit predictable.
Tiffany
Dec 02, 2009 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
A sweet lovestory about faith and the holidays. Will be reading this one again this month for sure. :)
ardyjormkiv
Dec 25, 2015 ardyjormkiv rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I read this book every year on Christmas Eve. It's a quick and fantastical read with some lovely lines of writing. For everyone who wants to believe in Santa Claus and the power of love.
Tami
Dec 10, 2015 Tami rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book the same way I enjoy Hallmark movies this time of year. it is a heartwarming Christmas story that left me smiling.
Lorraine
Nov 25, 2011 Lorraine rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
The first half of the story moved very slowly but once I was able to make through that the story line pulled together and was very touching.
Lisa
Dec 20, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I read it and love it every Christmas time. I highly recommend, except to Becky. She will NOT like it! :)
Rebecca
Dec 22, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
If this doesn't get you in the spirit of Christmas nothing will. Such a magical, heartwarming story!
R
Dec 15, 2009 R rated it really liked it
Sweet! Gutsy how Jenkins used Santa...I mean some people are against having that fiction character in Christmas at all!
Jennifer rated it it was ok
May 14, 2013
Debbiemiller
Debbiemiller rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2013
Kathely
Kathely rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Dawnya
Dawnya rated it liked it
May 28, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Jodymac
Jodymac rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2010
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2016
Jennifer Halbach
Jan 09, 2013 Jennifer Halbach rated it it was amazing
This is the ultimate Christmas read!
Karen
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Kathy Edinger
Kathy Edinger rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Home for Christmas
  • The Santa Letters
  • Engaging Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #2)
  • The Paper Bag Christmas
  • Selected Poems
  • A Simple Christmas: Twelve Stories That Celebrate the True Holiday Spirit
  • The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home
  • Star Bright!: A Christmas Story
  • Dawn of Liberty (Secret of the Rose, #4)
  • The Cold Equations and Other Stories
  • Tidings of Comfort & Joy: A Tender Story of Love, Loss, and Reunion
  • The Christmas Angel
  • A Soldier for Christmas (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #1)
Jerry Bruce Jenkins is an American novelist and biographer. He is best known as co-author of the Left Behind series of books with Tim LaHaye. Jenkins has written over 185 books, including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, and children's adventures, as well as non-fiction. His works usually feature Christians as protagonists. In 2005, Jenki ...more
More about Jerry B. Jenkins...