Start by marking “A Day I Remember” as Want to Read:
A Day I Remember

A Day I Remember

This is a day that Chintu will always remember: he's going to be "Markundi", the boy who keeps the bridegroom (his uncle) company through the wedding preparations. Readers join in the celebrations, dancing, fireworks and music through the colourful photographs.
Published July 29th 2014 by Frances Lincoln Children's Bks

To ask other readers questions about A Day I Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Day I Remember

Barbara
A wedding is not a special day only for the bride and groom. Swayam is thrilled to have been chosen as the markundi, a young special companion who accompanies the groom through the wedding ceremony. The text and photographs depict Swayam's excitement as well as the stages of preparation for the ceremony. Some of the practices are typically associated with Hindu weddings, according to the author, while others are associated only with the wedding's location in Odisha, India. Young readers will ...more
Kimberly
A great book for comparing and contrasting cultures. This one centers around weddings, but presents many other opportunities for talking about families and celebrations in general. Indian weddings tend to be lush, lavish, joyous affairs and this book captures the bright colors, dancing, and important role of the family. I really enjoyed getting this peek into the ways another culture celebrates marriage.
Edward Sullivan
Young Chintu describes his role in his uncle's wedding as "Markundi," the boy who keeps the bridegroom company through the wedding preparations.
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Michelle Gray
Michelle Gray rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Jessi
Jessi rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Laretta
Laretta rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Feb 11, 2015
Jenna Friebel
Jenna Friebel marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Jackie
Jackie added it
Jun 10, 2015
Kristine Hansen
Kristine Hansen marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Matthew Hunt
Matthew Hunt marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Andréa
Andréa marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016