Start by marking “The President's Daughter (Sean Dillon #6)” as Want to Read:
The President's Daughter (Sean Dillon #6)

The President's Daughter (Sean Dillon #6)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  1,915 ratings  ·  70 reviews
If you're after slam-bang entertainment, look no further than The President's Daughter by espionage guru Jack Higgins.

When an evil extremist named Judas Maccabeus discovers that the president of the United States has an illegitimate daughter living in France, he strikes quickly, kidnapping and threatening to execute her if the president does not launch a military attack a
Published January 7th 2003 by Berkley Trade (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The President's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The President's Daughter

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim EdwardsThe Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy TanThe Kitchen God's Wife by Amy TanThe French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
The Female Relative Phenomenon
86th out of 174 books — 87 voters
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerThe Magician's Nephew by C.S. LewisThe General's Daughter by Nelson DeMilleHomer's Daughter by Robert GravesThe Apothecary's Daughter by Charlotte Betts
Wives, Daughters & Apprentices
161st out of 216 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Darren
I read this book more than 10 years ago. It was my first Sean Dillon book and it was difficult to understand the history. However, I plan on going back and re-reading this book at some time in the future. From what I remember, it was good, but hard to follow.
Atrvrs3
This book started out a bit slowly but ended in the most satisfying way.

Jake Cazalet, a former Vietnam soldier, is president of the United States. When he was in Vietnam, he saved a Frenchwoman's life, and the two had a short affair. Twenty years later, he finds out that he and the same woman have a daughter and that she was kidnapped and held for ransom by a brutal extremist group. Cazalet is faced with a tough decision- comply with the killers' demands and send the United States to its doom,
Dina Begum
A brave young American in Vietnam saved the life of a Frenchwoman whose husband was presumably dead. The 2 had an affair which ended abruptly when the lovers discovered that her husband was alive after all. Now, 20 years later, the young man has become the President of the United States and has discovered that he had a daughter with the Frenchwoman. But a group of terrorists has also learned of the girl's relationship to the president, and when they seize her and hold her at ransom, the presiden ...more
Doug Dams
Another in the Sean Dillon series. These books are usually fast paced, page turning adventures. Pure brain candy. The book starts with an interesting premise: a president with a daughter born from a one night stand who is used to pressure the President to attack Iraq, Iran and Syria by a patriotic Jewish terrorist group. Sean Dillon is captured, released, fakes his own death and ultimately rescues the President's daughter. It's action all the way. Definitely good escapist fun.
Henri Moreaux
This novel is number 6 in the Dillon series and is basically a kidnapping & ransom story with the details jiggled a little.

The illegitimate daughter of the President of the United States is kidnapped by Israeli hardliners in an attempt to blackmail him into signing off on the wholesale attack of Israel's enemies - Iran, Iraq & Syria.

Predictably the hero, Sean Dillon, enters the fray and after a few ups and downs the day is saved yet again.

Overall, it's not a bad book, it doesn't redefin
Mark Brown
I enjoy the Sean Dillon series. In many ways, they are the same, but, enough variety. I started near the end of the series, but, am now in the process of reading the series from the beginning. Very enjoyable.
Andy Bowditch
Better than the previous Dillon's I've read. A fairly believable plot, although as in all books of this ilk, it's all about Dillon being in the right place at the right time.
Gavin
2.5 stars really - slow starter and basic quality of writing, but did build some tension and excitement further in. Good for a 'bought it of a stand at the railway station' type of book.
05zachd
this book was a really good book. i like all of the stuff in it especially the ending. I like all of the adventure in it too. At times it was hard to put down but my favorite part was when they attacked the castle. i didn't really know all the characters and stuff because it wasn't the first book but it was still really good and i did perfectly fine without the other books.
Uri
Not bad, it was ok. I guess it's worth reading if you already are into the Sean Dillon series by Higgins, otherwise it's nothing special.

The funny thing is, by the time I was halfway done with this book I realized I had already read it. Nonetheless, I decided to finish reading it even though it's quite predictable and the end came back to me as the last part of the plot was unfolding.

Sean Dillon books are just like watching a TV series: you know that no matter what dangers he and his allies are
Neil
Another great story and written in the same style as all Seam Dillon books. Enjoyable but not a classic
Pilla
This spy-type thriller was a fun read.
J. Ewbank
This book by Jack Higgins starts a little slowly but then gathers steam and finishes well.

As others by this author the U.S. Presidency is involved in the story. It also invoves the FBI and others who come to know a secret about the President that could derail a lot of things.

Naturally, the President turns to Sean Dillon to help him solve the problem and therein lies the rest of the story, as they say.

A good read.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Jan C
I am giving up the ghost on this one.

It just hasn't been able to grab my interest.

I used to love Jack Higgins. Very exciting stories. Maybe part of the problem is they have been re-releasing earlier ones and that kind of spoils you for later ones.

This is a later one but it just doesn't have the old Jack Higgins excitement to it. At least not for me.

Maybe my Jack Higgins days are over.

Plus I have to move in the next few months so it is time to cull the dead weight.
Steve Taylor
Mildly interesting thesis for the plot. I agree with other reviewers that the book has continual 'action', but often it seems that the 'action' is generally more a straight telling of a story without much description. I found the climax to be more involved in this regard, but I actually contemplated not even reading the end because there was no suspense as to how it would occur. All in all, a weak read, mildly entertaining, but could have skipped it and not missed it.
Cindy
Lots of action. I didn't warm to any of the characters.
Jenny Knippa
An enjoyable thriller with multi-faceted characters readers could care about, including ancillary cohorts returning long ago earned favors who readers might want to see more of in other novels. "The President's Daughter" has a compelling plot; spinning with twists and dotted with violence which stokes deep thought and conversation about how far a man will/should go for his cause. A book worth reading, definitely!
Judy
Higgins at his best. I especially enjoy his books with Brigadier Ferguson, Sean Dillon and Blake Johnson. They never disappoint the reader. A real page-turner.
Bibliom
Higgins once more had me turning pages and devouring words as I followed my favorite Irish operative and his british and american friends once more down a dangerous path filled with love, and betrayal and all that lies in between. Throw in kidnapping and a small AK 47 and you have the making of yet another brilliant higgins novel. Hope you enjoy.
Brent
Simplistic language, marginely captivating. Tells the story of a Senator turned President whose illegitamate child becomes the target of a kidnapping by Israeli nationalists. Dillon, a former IRA nationalist and mercenary, is tasked with saving her. In the scheme of things, this one can be skipped by the avid reader.
Aaron
This novel was better written than the first two in this series that I read. It is not as predictable as his earlier efforts but still not a gripping page turner either. I listened to the audio version while traveling and it kept my interest. If you're looking for a book to burn some time, this will do.
Sara
Sep 06, 2007 Sara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: politically-obsessed adventure-lovers who enjoy espionage and crystal blue Caribbean waters
Shelves: mystery
I read this book a long time ago, but I remember loving the mystery, the setting, and the premise. The main character kicked some serious ass and reading about the Caribbean made me want to go on vacation there for the rest of my life so I could go diving and find interesting pieces of history underwater.
Lindsay Luke
This was a book I got from Bam's pile. It was a quick, diverting read, but ultimately pretty stupid and Higgins is not that great a writer. It was an OK way to spend a rainy Saturday and kind of reminded me of when I was a kid and I'd spend all day reading a stupid mystery.
Helen
Nov 27, 2008 Helen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Helen by: jameslhelena@bellsouth.net
This was a fairly enjoyable adventure story, with the usual elements. I did feel at the end that I did not "know" the characters as well as I would like, but overall the book delivered the type of story that kept me interested until the somewhat expected ending.
Norm
Frankly, I bailed on this book a quarter of the way through. The writing was so stilted and a bit condescending to the reader, and after giving it a fair chance I gave up. There are too many good books out there to waste time on something like this.
Isaac
One of those thrillers packed with mystery and action that will only allow you to wonder and be amazed. The sides are clear and it is a battle between 2 parties, that with their large possession of powers, anything can happen.
Jack
The Sean Dillon series is pleasant, light-weight spy/thriller reading. The plots thus far have been pretty original, but the characters somewhat two dimensional at times. I recommend it to anyone who likes Griffin or Clancy.
Bonnie
Intrigue--who is this guy?, who can you trust? Action--shootings, escapes, explosions, kidnappings. Sean Dillon is the can't-be-beat go-to guy who saves the day, and the President's French daughter.
Joe O'c
Excellent; Continuing character: Sean Dillon; Israeli extremists kidnap the US President's illegitimate daughter to try and force him to bomb Arab countries; Dillon and company come to the rescue.
  • The Matarese Countdown (Matarese #2)
  • Assignment in Brittany
  • Day of Wrath
  • Avenger
  • The Karachi Deception
  • Santorini
  • The Altman Code (Covert-One, #4)
  • Undersea Prison (Stratton, #4)
  • India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy (Madam of Espionage Mystery #3)
  • The Avatari
  • The Command (Dan Lenson, #8)
  • Finnegan's Week
  • Warrior Class (Patrick McLanahan, #9)
  • Never Send Flowers (John Gardner's Bond, #13)
  • The Road to Gandolfo
  • The Lazarus Vendetta (Covert-One, #5)
  • Crisis Four (Nick Stone, #2)
  • The Legacy
19706
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...
The Eagle Has Landed (Liam Devlin, #1) Eye of the Storm (Sean Dillon, #1) Night of the Fox Thunder Point (Sean Dillon #2) On Dangerous Ground  (Sean Dillon #3)

“tried to straighten it. “I must look a mess,” she said and smiled.” 0 likes