Start by marking “Blamestorming: Why Conversations Go Wrong and How to Fix Them” as Want to Read:
Blamestorming: Why Conversations Go Wrong and How to Fix Them

Blamestorming: Why Conversations Go Wrong and How to Fix Them

Do your disagreements often escalate into rows? Do you get crossed wires when talking to your stressed partner, difficult teenager, overworked colleagues or demanding boss?

Blamestorming outlines the reasons why our daily conversations go wrong, explains how to respond when they do and provides tips on how to stop them going wrong in the first place. Based on his experienc
Published September 23rd 2014 by Watkins Publishing (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blamestorming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blamestorming

Stella
May 10, 2016 Stella rated it it was amazing
Blamestorming - why conversations go wrong and how to fix them. How could I pass up the chance to find out the answer to this? And I'm delighted I didn't because this book is brilliant. The title and cover caught my eye straight away - though I try hard not to be influenced by front covers - I'm only human - bright colours and simple graphics drew me in without fear of being overwhelmed by too much heavy going psychology or bored by bland nothing-newness. Blamestorming takes a refreshingly new ...more
Andy Nieradko
Oct 13, 2014 Andy Nieradko rated it it was amazing
As someone with a lifelong pattern of miscommunication, I was very excited to read Blamestorming by Rob Kendall. I was expecting to be taking lots of notes, however the author does a fantastic job of breaking conversations down and showing how they go bad, as well as how they can be fixed or at least made more effective. I believe most everyone could benefit from reading this book, as so much of our modern lifestyle is interdependent on how clearly we communicate. I like how Mr. Kendall ...more
Annabel
Oct 01, 2014 Annabel rated it really liked it
As soon as I received this book, I really enjoyed the aesthetics of it - the unique size, glossy pages and colour scheme (purple text!)

The text provides realistic, everyday examples of conversations and pinpoints the point at which it starts to 'go wrong'. The book is also clearly marked out into sections and chapters, although there is a lot of text on each page, and the font is quite small. However, its all in a chronological kind of order, and all of the advice is relevant and relatable for
Chris Collins
Oct 08, 2014 Chris Collins rated it really liked it
>-> I RECEIVED THIS BOOK FOR FREE AS PART OF GOODREADS FIRST READS <-<

While the layout may seem daunting and a tad confusing at first, the information in ths book has been a gift on how to avoid confrontations with my family and partner. While I haven't had the opportunity to fully complete this book, I will update my review when I finally get time to sit and give it a full and throrough read, that Rob's research and analysis truly deserves.

An undiscovered and very useful little ge
Victoria
Dec 14, 2014 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this as part of the goodreads first reads scheme.

A fabulous little book. Full of easy to read chapters which build on each other and also stand alone.
Theory combined with examples make this an accessible book which I will turn to on a regular basis.
Everyone can improve their conversation skills and this is the perfect starting place. After reading this I found myself better equipped to analyse what is happening and ensure that discussions are kept on track.

I would recommend this to ev
Jml
Apr 25, 2016 Jml rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Blamestorming is a well-constructed guide to better communication. It is written in an understandable yet non-patronizing tone with advice that would be relevant and relatable for pretty much everyone, covering all types of situations and relationships. It offers realistic, everyday examples of conversations and pinpoints the point at which it starts to 'go wrong'. The step-by-step action points break down the “what to do” section. I received this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaway.
Nome Stephenson
Nov 06, 2014 Nome Stephenson rated it really liked it
I RECEIVED THIS BOOK FOR FREE AS PART OF GOODREADS FIRST READS

Due to the information and easy to understand set up in this book I have learnt to avoid confrontations with my family, partner and while at work. I loved the layout which makes this very easy to read. The research has been through and set in such a way that if you want to refer back at any point you can. Wonderful book that is really helping in everyday life.
Amanda-judith Danso
Jul 23, 2016 Amanda-judith Danso rated it really liked it
(goodreads competition win)

I am so thankful for this book. Where has it been all my life!
The examples within this book are so helpful and precise to everyday issues (or my everyday problems). such a little book packed with such useful information to help avoid arguments and misunderstandings that lead to fall outs. This book brings forth the understanding of, communication is key but showing how much so. Everyone needs this book in there life.
Rose
Feb 21, 2016 Rose rated it it was amazing
Blamestorming is absolutely packed with advice and wisdom on turning difficult and negative conversations around, helping enrich relationships and conversations with family, friends and colleagues. The text itself is engaging and very easy to read and understand, and I believe that everyone would benefit from Rob Kendall's exceptional take on conversations in our everyday lives - definitely recommend to all!
Rachel Bustin
Oct 27, 2014 Rachel Bustin rated it really liked it
I recieved this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaway. I thought it was a well written book, with an eyecatching cover. I have never read a book like this before so was uncertain of what to expect.

I have decided to pass it along to my brother to read after I have gone through it quickly again, Its a book that deserves to be read by as many people as possible.
Asha KRISHNA
Oct 29, 2014 Asha KRISHNA rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads
I received this book as a goodreads giveaway. A good book that identifies communication blunders and helps you tackle situations with better verbal skills.

For a detailed review click on the link below:

Donal Lynch
Mar 13, 2015 Donal Lynch rated it it was amazing
Blamestorming is a very practical and well-crafted book which will help you get more powerful outcomes from everyday conversations.
I particularly like chapters 5 and 6 on Questioning (to decode subtexts) and Listening.
Also really enjoyed the examples from Rob’s own life experience.
Ben Scanlan
Oct 05, 2014 Ben Scanlan rated it really liked it
A really good addition to the business/self help genre. Well written, and excellent examples with characters that the majority of people would be able to relate to. Would recommend it to anybody who is serious about getting more out of life, and their career.
Elliot Richards
Feb 16, 2015 Elliot Richards rated it really liked it
A good read, and whilst I don't agree with everything, I found a lot of useful information that I hope to use as I increase my interest in developing good conversations.
Dani
Dani rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
John J
John J rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Suvi
Suvi rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Victoria
Aug 14, 2016 Victoria rated it liked it
A very useful, well written self-help book.
Katharine Em
Katharine Em rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Aggie
Aggie rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2014
J. Schmidt
J. Schmidt rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Sana
Sana rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
David Escamilla
David Escamilla rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Ange
Ange rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Meaningful_Expressions
Meaningful_Expressions rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
NormaCenva
NormaCenva rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
  • Searching for Amber
  • Six Stories and An Essay
  • Gin Glorious Gin: How Mother's Ruin Became the Spirit of London
  • The Affair
  • The Burning Gates (Makana, #4)
  • Trapped
  • The Professor of Truth
  • The Seventh Miss Hatfield (Seventh Miss Hatfield, #1)
  • Svalens graf
  • Stone Rider
  • A Time of Myths
  • The First Adman: Thomas Bish and the Birth of Modern Advertising
  • Rediscover Grammar
  • Nothing Else Matters (Sam Casey Mystery, #2)
  • This Is the Life