Start by marking “Amulet of Doom (Twilight: Where Darkness Begins, #24)” as Want to Read:
Amulet of Doom (Twilight: Where Darkness Begins, #24)

Amulet of Doom (Chamber of Horrors #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Can Marilyn discover how to tame the demons within the amulet before they destroy her?

Marilyn's glamorous, mysterious aunt dies of a heart attack brought on by sheer terror. Did the ancient Egyptian amulet she had been wearing have something to do with it? Soon Marilyn realizes that the dark forces that killed her aunt are threatening her, too-items are rearranged in her r
Published September 1st 1985 by Dell Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Amulet of Doom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amulet of Doom

Shelli
When I was a kid, I distinctly remember my experiences reading books written by authors like Christopher Pike and R.L. Stine's Fear Street. Thrillers made to scare teenagers; like horror movies, they were all very formulaic. Some horrific images stick in my mind even todday (like a girl waking up in her bunk at summer camp finding herself covered in leeches, bleh!) but plot? Characters? I can't recall any of those.

When I learned my favorite childhood author, Bruce Coville, wrote some thrillers o
Freshy
reminiscent of old fantasy games like Diablo or DOD.
Bell
Jun 01, 2008 Bell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who can handle it.
I have been reading this book since I first held it in my hand. First grade, seven years old. it probably wasn't meant for me at that age. But I don't think I got it anyways. I just really liked the aunt. But every year I read it, I like it more and more. And it makes more and more sense. I connect different things every time. It's simply magical.
Jennifer Risley
This was my favorite book for years. I was 12 when i read it, and didn't send it to the second place spot until I read George RR Martin. This story was one of then that I have never stopped thinking about. I think even adults should read to get an idea of a great story line and amazing characters. Thank you Bruce for a truely great story
Mell
Another read from my teen years, now packed off into a box. Amazing I never had many nightmares, given the spooky stuff I read.
Caitlin
Amulet of Doom (Chamber of Horrors) by Bruce Coville (1996)
Cinward
Cinward marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Tracy Hall
Tracy Hall marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Unsolved Mystery
Unsolved Mystery marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Maryellen
Maryellen marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Haystack
Haystack marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Hhkk Jui
Hhkk Jui marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Brittany Kay
Brittany Kay marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Chamber of Horrors (4 books)
  • Spirits and Spells (Chamber of Horrors, #2)
  • Eyes of the Tarot (Dark Forces, #9) (Chamber of Horrors, #3)
  • Waiting Spirits (Dark Forces, #11) (Chamber of Horrors, #4)
Into the Land of the Unicorns (Unicorn Chronicles, #1) Song of the Wanderer (Unicorn Chronicles, #2) Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher (Magic Shop, #2) My Teacher is an Alien (My Teacher is an Alien, #1) William Shakespeare's: A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare Retellings, #2)