Start by marking “Ben Franklin: Young Printer” as Want to Read:
Ben Franklin: Young Printer

Ben Franklin: Young Printer (Childhood of Famous Americans)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  150 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
One of the most popular series ever published for young American's, these classics have been praised alike by parents, teachers, and librarians. With these lively, inspiring, fictionalized biographies - easily read by children of eight and up - today's youngster is swept into history.
Published October 31st 1986 by Aladdin (first published January 29th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Ben Franklin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ben Franklin

Megdep
Nov 05, 2013 Megdep rated it it was ok
This book, part of the series Childhood of Famous Americans, is a simple story about Benjamin Franklin when he was a young boy. His family, led by his candle-maker father, is a large one without a lot of money, but is portrayed as loving and warm. We learn that Benjamin was very bright when he was young, and his family didn't have a lot of money and couldn't afford to send him to school until his father got a contract to sell candles to the city. He is sent to a couple different schools, has all ...more
amusha23
Nov 08, 2015 amusha23 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Benjamin Franklin became a good printer. He was born in New England (as known as Boston today) somewhere around 1714. He lived with his dad, mom, Ben's brother James, and other Franklins. When years passed, a big wave of people in Philadelphia were at a dock to celebrate Ben returning home from Europe. Then, Ben became a famous person all across America, and all across Europe.
Laura Verret
Benjamin Franklin by Augusta Stevenson is definitely for a younger age level than either Ben Franklin of Old Philadelphia [by Margaret Cousins] or Benjamin Franklin [by Deborah Kent]. Not only does it require a less mature comprehension, but it also focuses on incidents more likely to interest a young audience.

Ben’s childhood is, of course, the focus of this book, but Ben’s childhood was remarkable. Not only was he a self-motivated learner from his earliest days, but he also had a remarkable cap
Caleb
Jun 09, 2015 Caleb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. I would have rated it 4 1/2. He ran away when he was 17.
Nathaniel
Jun 25, 2015 Nathaniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked it.
Michael
Sep 23, 2009 Michael rated it it was amazing
This easy read story helps us to understand Benjamin Franklin's hunger for knowledge. He wanted to know how and why things happen. He wanted to be proficient in as many lines of work as he could and did not want to be tied down to one occupation. As an apprentice printer, he found that he could help others learn through his writing. He used his experiences of his youth to become a author, scientist, inventor, statesman, and patriot.
Ms.
Jun 07, 2009 Ms. rated it really liked it
Shelves: emily-r
as you all know, this is all about Ben Franklin and his family.When ben was young,he was still very smart.In matter of fact,when he was in his40's, poeple said he was almost as great as great as George washington.If you want to find alot of info on Ben, look at this book!
Alyssa
Aug 24, 2011 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Extremly entertaining! my little sister who does not read ofter was loving this book so i sat down for an hour and read it. verry short and interesting to learn of the childhood Benjamin Franklin. I would recomend for any child to read.
Sara
Sep 27, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
We read this book in out Knights and Ladies of Liberty class. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book. A very easy read, but gives you a lot of ideas for games and activities to incorporate into a class of 11 kids.
Angie Libert
Jun 26, 2013 Angie Libert rated it it was amazing
Nevada's sayings BEN Franklin is amazing book.sad that his parents were so protective and did not let him see the world.

favorite Quote
a man has to be honest
if he wants the respect of others
Katie
Jul 15, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile-reads
A great book about Benjamin Franklin! My son's book, we both very much enjoyed it. There was SO much information presented in a great manner, I couldn't put it down.:)
Jim
i'd be curious to read this now, forty years after i originally read it. wonder what the history in the book is like, do remember that i preferred "ben and me".
Grace
Nov 14, 2013 Grace rated it it was ok
I tought it was OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle
May 21, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I remember staying up all night and reading this with a flashlight when I was younger!
Cordellya Smith
Sep 11, 2014 Cordellya Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very informative book on the life of young Benjamin Franklin.
Serenity Kosorok
Nov 30, 2011 Serenity Kosorok rated it really liked it
A great book!!!!!!
Ankit Goyal
Ankit Goyal marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Clay
Clay marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Aamir
Aamir rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Sus
Sus added it
Apr 18, 2016
Charles Black
Charles Black rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Jitsuryoku
Jitsuryoku rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kristy Gamez
Kristy Gamez rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Noah Savoie
Noah Savoie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Rebecca Loyd
Rebecca Loyd marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Thomas Edison: Young Inventor
  • Davy Crockett: Young Rifleman (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Albert Einstein: Young Thinker
  • Betsy Ross: Designer of Our Flag (Childhood of Famous Americans)
  • Martha Washington: America's First Lady
  • Sacagawea: American Pathfinder
  • Annie Oakley: Young Markswoman
  • Henry Ford: Young Man With Ideas
  • Helen Keller: From Tragedy to Triumph (Childhood of Famous Americans)
  • Louis Braille: The Boy Who Invented Books for the Blind
  • Shh! We're Writing the Constitution
  • Laura Ingalls Wilder: Young Pioneer (Childhood of Famous Americans)
  • George Washington
  • If You Sailed On The Mayflower
  • Pioneer Girl: Growing Up on the Prairie
  • Christopher Columbus
  • Squanto, Friend Of The Pilgrims
  • The Light and the Glory for Children: Discovering God's Plan for America from Christopher Columbus to George Washington

Childhood of Famous Americans (1 - 10 of 214 books)
  • George Washington: Our First Leader
  • Davy Crockett: Young Rifleman (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Jackie Robinson: Young Sports Trailblazer
  • Robert E. Lee: Young Confederate (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Childhood of Famous Americans
  • Knute Rockne: Young Athlete
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.: Young Man with a Dream (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Crispus Attucks: Black Leader of Colonial Patriots (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • John Fitzgerald Kennedy: America's Youngest President (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Frederick Douglass: Abolitionist Hero (Childhood of Famous Americans)