Start by marking “Ben Franklin: Young Printer” as Want to Read:
Ben Franklin: Young Printer

Ben Franklin: Young Printer (Childhood of Famous Americans)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  13 reviews
One of the most popular series ever published for young American's, these classics have been praised alike by parents, teachers, and librarians. With these lively, inspiring, fictionalized biographies - easily read by children of eight and up - today's youngster is swept into history.
Published October 31st 1986 by Aladdin (first published January 29th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Ben Franklin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ben Franklin

Megdep
This book, part of the series Childhood of Famous Americans, is a simple story about Benjamin Franklin when he was a young boy. His family, led by his candle-maker father, is a large one without a lot of money, but is portrayed as loving and warm. We learn that Benjamin was very bright when he was young, and his family didn't have a lot of money and couldn't afford to send him to school until his father got a contract to sell candles to the city. He is sent to a couple different schools, has all ...more
Benjamin Franklin by Augusta Stevenson is definitely for a younger age level than either Ben Franklin of Old Philadelphia [by Margaret Cousins] or Benjamin Franklin [by Deborah Kent]. Not only does it require a less mature comprehension, but it also focuses on incidents more likely to interest a young audience.

Ben’s childhood is, of course, the focus of this book, but Ben’s childhood was remarkable. Not only was he a self-motivated learner from his earliest days, but he also had a remarkable cap
Michael
This easy read story helps us to understand Benjamin Franklin's hunger for knowledge. He wanted to know how and why things happen. He wanted to be proficient in as many lines of work as he could and did not want to be tied down to one occupation. As an apprentice printer, he found that he could help others learn through his writing. He used his experiences of his youth to become a author, scientist, inventor, statesman, and patriot.
Ms.
Jun 07, 2009 Ms. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: emily-r
as you all know, this is all about Ben Franklin and his family.When ben was young,he was still very smart.In matter of fact,when he was in his40's, poeple said he was almost as great as great as George washington.If you want to find alot of info on Ben, look at this book!
Alyssa
Extremly entertaining! my little sister who does not read ofter was loving this book so i sat down for an hour and read it. verry short and interesting to learn of the childhood Benjamin Franklin. I would recomend for any child to read.
Sara
We read this book in out Knights and Ladies of Liberty class. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book. A very easy read, but gives you a lot of ideas for games and activities to incorporate into a class of 11 kids.
Angie Libert
Nevada's sayings BEN Franklin is amazing book.sad that his parents were so protective and did not let him see the world.

favorite Quote
a man has to be honest
if he wants the respect of others
Katie
A great book about Benjamin Franklin! My son's book, we both very much enjoyed it. There was SO much information presented in a great manner, I couldn't put it down.:)
Jim
i'd be curious to read this now, forty years after i originally read it. wonder what the history in the book is like, do remember that i preferred "ben and me".
Grace
I tought it was OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle
I remember staying up all night and reading this with a flashlight when I was younger!
Cordellya Smith
This is a very informative book on the life of young Benjamin Franklin.
Serenity Kosorok
A great book!!!!!!
Leisa Hurley
Leisa Hurley marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Heather Jennings
Heather Jennings marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Jjjn
Jjjn marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Brandy Flanagan
Brandy Flanagan marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Karen Reilly
Karen Reilly marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Nancy
Nancy added it
Jan 02, 2015
  • Thomas Edison: Young Inventor
  • Davy Crockett: Young Rifleman (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Albert Einstein: Young Thinker
  • Betsy Ross: Designer of Our Flag (Childhood of Famous Americans)
  • Sacagawea: American Pathfinder
  • Martha Washington: America's First Lady
  • Louis Braille: The Boy Who Invented Books for the Blind
  • Laura Ingalls Wilder: Young Pioneer (Childhood of Famous Americans)
  • Shh! We're Writing the Constitution
  • Helen Keller: From Tragedy to Triumph (Childhood of Famous Americans)
  • George Washington
  • If You Lived In Colonial Times
  • Squanto, Friend Of The Pilgrims
  • The Light and the Glory for Children: Discovering God's Plan for America from Christopher Columbus to George Washington
  • Meet George Washington
  • George Washington Carver: Man's Slave Becomes God's Scientist (Sower Series)
  • Sojourner Truth: Ain't I a Woman?
  • Who Was Daniel Boone?

Childhood of Famous Americans (1 - 10 of 213 books)
  • George Washington: Young Leader
  • Davy Crockett: Young Rifleman (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Jackie Robinson: Young Sports Trailblazer
  • Robert E. Lee: Young Confederate (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Childhood of Famous Americans
  • Knute Rockne: Young Athlete
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.: Young Man with a Dream (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Crispus Attucks: Black Leader of Colonial Patriots (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • John Fitzgerald Kennedy: America's Youngest President (Childhood of Famous Americans Series)
  • Frederick Douglass: Abolitionist Hero (Childhood of Famous Americans)
George Washington: Young Leader Clara Barton: Founder of the American Red Cross Wilbur and Orville Wright: Young Fliers Abraham Lincoln: The Great Emancipator Molly Pitcher: Young Patriot