Start by marking “The Cassini Code (Galahad, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cassini Code (Galahad, #3)

The Cassini Code (Galahad #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  264 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews

When the tail of the comet Bhaktul flicks through the Earth’s atmosphere, deadly particles are left in its wake, and mankind is confronted with a virus that devastates the adult population. A renowned scientist proposes a bold plan: to build a ship that will carry a crew of 251 teenagers to a home in a distant solar system. Two years later, Galahad and its crew is launched

Published November 2nd 2010 by Tor Teen (first published November 17th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Cassini Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cassini Code

Sarah Maddaford
So, instead of a threat from the outside, this time the crew faces danger in the form of conflict from within. Some of its members, specifically a boy named Merit, are increasingly scared about the idea of going to a new world and homesick for Earth and their families despite the death sentence awaiting them back home. I realize that psychological testing and training couldn't actually prepare anyone or fully weed out all the people who might try to turn a mission like this back, but I would thi ...more
TheBookSmugglers
Feb 02, 2013 TheBookSmugglers rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, scifi
Originally reviewed on The Book Smugglers

The noble ship Galahad has survived a madman stowaway, the onslaught of an alien signal broadcasting from Saturn's moon Titan, but now faces its most daunting task yet - navigating the minefield of dangerous objects strewn throughout the Kuiper Belt before leaving the Solar System.

While it's hard enough to manage the many technical and engineering aspects of the ship and successfully evade the larger Kuiper Belt Objects, Triana also finds her leadership
Lexie
Apr 05, 2011 Lexie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned-read
In Web of the Titan the teen crew of the Galahad was faced off with an obstacle no one had thought to take into account: an alien presence. Though it was eventually ruled that what the “Cassini” (as the alien intelligence was dubbed) had been causing to happen–the heightened intelligence and physical prowess in Bon, the fluctuation in the Galahad‘s engine–were unintentional side effects of them trying to help fix what they viewed as problems, lingering questions remained.

Questions that bite the
Paige Y.
Nov 08, 2010 Paige Y. rated it really liked it
The Galahad has gotten through two crises. Filled with teenagers escaping a deadly virus on Earth, it now must get through perhaps the most serious problem yet. As long as they could work together, the crew could problem solve and survive the challenges. But what happens when they encounter two challenges – one outside the ship and one inside the ship?
The third book in the Galahad series, The Cassini Code begins as the ship encounters the Kuiper Belt, an area of space covered with asteroids. T
K De
Jan 02, 2012 K De rated it really liked it
Triana, Bon, Gap, Channy, and Lita face danger from within their ship and without from the traveling through space to their destination five light years away.

The alien race Cassini are still present and are immensely old- on the order of a billion years. They present a continuing mystery to the crew but are further revealed due to their "translator" connection with Bon.

As the ship nears the outer edge of the solar system there arises a dissident faction in the ship led by the charming Merit Simm
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
I never particularly liked this series, and my patience for it has just continued to wane. The only reason I went this far is that I had an ARC of this book, so I felt compelled to read it. These books might be good for reluctant readers perhaps. That is the biggest problem actually. These teens are supposed to be the smartest ones that earth had to offer, and yet they really do not come off as particularly intelligent.

There is a lot of time spent on romantic drama, which was, unfortunately, the
Rachel
May 12, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Testa doesn't disappoint in the third book in the Galahad series. The 251 teens traveling through space have overcome 2 obstacles in their months-long journey and encounter another one in "The Cassini Code." The Cassini are a highly evolved intelligent life form that communicate through a crew member, Bon, and transmit a code to help the travelers navigate their way through the deadly Kuniper Belt (a collection of space debris). Another crew member, Merit, tries to manipulate the entire crew int ...more
Rene Kirkpatrick
May 02, 2012 Rene Kirkpatrick rated it liked it
The third book in the series. 251 teenagers sent into space on a 5 year journey to a new planet to save the human race.

The kids have dealt with a murderous stowaway, an alien life force hidden on a moon near Saturn, and now they're up against a mutinous crew. One of the boys wants to go home. He is charismatic and convincing, able to argue for a return to earth. What if the aliens they "met" near Saturn, the same ones that made better the ship and a few of the crew, fixed the dying people on Ea
Emily
Mar 09, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
Ok, so I've read 3 books in this series in two days. Each book is like a two hour read for me. It's like Battlestar Gallactica (although not as good) for 13 year olds. I think I keep reading them because I'm kind of getting into Science Fiction lately. The characters are all pretty static and not interesting and they all are tokens of a specific country. On one level it's nice to have varied types of people but it is so contrived that it seems just awkward. That being said, I keep reading these ...more
Angela
Feb 07, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
It got better! Like I said, couldn’t stop for a break. I would be scare to go their spaceship! Triana had to deal with 250 teenagers... plus trouble from Merit, which I would myself, strangle him for causing rumor and so on. First they hade to be abducted by alien and now they are about to be crash into huge rock. Gosh, if I was there, I don’t I would be able to survive such adventure. It was sad though. Plus, Lita is such a strong character. C’mon, a 16 year old who can do surgery? That’s amazi ...more
~eddyk
Aug 26, 2011 ~eddyk rated it really liked it
ok so I thought the series was great, but even though the book was great, I still found the flash backs irritating. One who had not read the previous books of the series should not be reading this book. In addition, the problems are getting old. In my opinion, despite the fact that they were interesting, they were predictable. I won't specify to prevent spoilers, but I thought that the conflict was too predictable and was a bit boring at times. Otherwise, good!
James
Dec 31, 2010 James rated it really liked it
I really enjoy reading these, despite the fact that the series is really unsophisticated and definitely meant for high school aged people. It's like candy or applesauce. You know? The characters are authentic. I'll definitely give the author that!

I'm looking forward to the next book, but it might have to wait a couple months. :(
BooksAreFriends
The story continues to be intriguing, insightful, and full of tension and mystery. I'm eager to see how this space travel to a new home unfolds and then ends for this the crew of Galahad. So far they have faced large internal problems and a few external ones. I think the bigger external problems are what we are just about to see.
Amy Aelleah
Feb 01, 2016 Amy Aelleah rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
What I loved about this book is how, this time, much of the conflict comes from the crew. Sure, there's a little of the usual 'danger from outside' - but I LOVE the way the ships like one giant pressure cooker.

(And I gotta admit, I do like the person that was causing most of the problems and hope they play a part in the rest of the story.)
Khadija
Jun 02, 2010 Khadija rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished, own
Can this series get any better?I loved this book like I love the other ones in the series.It reminds me of star trek and I think that's why I love it.
Jul 23, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Maybe the Cassini is GOD ???????????
Varun Chitkara
Jun 16, 2013 Varun Chitkara rated it it was amazing
it was really good
Brandee Terry
Jan 19, 2013 Brandee Terry rated it liked it
I don't love this series and it seems to lose my interest more with each book in the series.
Ali
Jan 28, 2011 Ali rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sci-fi lovers
Not as good as the second book but better than the first. Can't wait to dive into the forth on when it comes out!
Belle
Feb 24, 2012 Belle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
amazing love it can not wait to read the next
Tracie
Mar 11, 2011 Tracie rated it really liked it
Third in the series and still going strong. I did find the relationships angle a little tedious, but this would start to unravel on a long and unknown voyage for sure.
Jen
Aug 09, 2008 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: student-books
Best yet...can't wait for the next in the series.
Ireland
Nov 06, 2011 Ireland rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and can't wait for the next one.
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2014
Kylia
Kylia rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Diana Kramer
Diana Kramer rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Dec 07, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, dystopia
Wondering what the next catastrophe will be. Guess I'm going to have to get the next one.
  • Shattered (Desire, #2)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 14 (Library Wars: Love & War, #14)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • Star Wars: Knight Errant, Volume 1: Aflame
  • The Feros (The Vindico, #2)
  • Earth Star (Earth Girl, #2)
  • Starcross (Larklight, #2)
  • De eerste bron
  • Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1)
  • Temp: An Accidental Fairytale
  • Oubliette (Cloud Prophet Trilogy #2)
  • The Ever-After Bird
Dom Testa is an award-winning author, speaker, and broadcaster. For more than twenty years he has captained the morning radio show on Denver's Mix100.

His Galahad series of books for young adults (and young-at-heart adults) has an all-new look! Tor is reissuing the adventures in a three-volume omnibus collection. The first volume, Leaving Earth, is available now!

Look for Volumes 2 & 3 in June a
More about Dom Testa...

Galahad (6 books)
  • The Comet's Curse (Galahad, #1)
  • The Web of Titan (Galahad, #2)
  • The Dark Zone (Galahad, #4)
  • Cosmic Storm (Galahad, #5)
  • The Galahad Legacy (Galahad, #6)