Start by marking “Baby-Led Weaning: The Essential Guide to Introducing Solid Foods - and Helping Your Baby to Grow Up a Happy and Confident Eater” as Want to Read:

The Natural, No-Fuss, No-PurÃe Method for Starting Your Baby on Solid Foods

Baby-Led Weaning explodes the myth that babies need to be spoon-fed and shows why self-feeding from the start of the weaning process is the healthiest way for your child to develop. With baby-led weaning (BLW, for short), you can skip purÃes and make the transition to solid food by following your

Published October 5th 2010 by The Experiment

To ask other readers questions about Baby-Led Weaning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby-Led Weaning

Kelly
Jun 11, 2015 Kelly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: new parents
Good information, but soooooo repetitive. You could get the same information in a 20-page pamphlet.
Rachel Boothby
Jun 01, 2015 Rachel Boothby rated it really liked it
Good information, and I'm on board with the theories this book presents. After raising two kids the "normal" baby food way, I'm excited to use this method with my third. I was happy to find in reading this that the method is quite simple. So much so that some parts of this book were very obvious, but maybe that's because I'm a third time mom. All in all, I'm glad to have read this and will continue to use this as a reference.
Kenna
Aug 10, 2015 Kenna rated it liked it
There was too much rhetoric in the beginning of this book. I wasn't interested in the "holier than thou" spiel. I wanted a brief rundown of why one might choose this method, but mostly wanted to know how to do it. I bought the Baby-led Weaning Cookbook and wish I'd only read that as it has all the basics from this book plus recipes.
Sarah Nelson
Dec 05, 2014 Sarah Nelson rated it it was amazing
Excellent, easy to read overview of BLW. I had thought I knew what BLW was (from assumptions and rumors) but I didn't really until this book clarified it for me. I'm very excited to start solids with my baby next week. I feel confident that this method will help her form a healthy relationship with food.
Riley Johnson
Mar 14, 2016 Riley Johnson rated it liked it
It's got enough repetition to be annoying, and lots of anecdotal evidence, but the science included has bolstered my confidence in this method. As the authors state, it's not really anything new. While I'm intrigued by the method and excited to try it, the book itself wasn't my favorite.
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
May 25, 2016
Elyse Fuller
Elyse Fuller rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Shayla
Shayla rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Ashlie
Ashlie rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Sarah Humble
Sarah Humble rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Charlotte Houwing
Charlotte Houwing rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Erinn
Jan 30, 2016 Erinn rated it liked it
Extremely repetitive. The cookbook has all the same information in the first 10 pages.
Debbie Yacenda
Debbie Yacenda rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Amanda Knox
Amanda Knox rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Astrid
Astrid rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Pinar Esmeli
Pinar Esmeli rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Laura rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Annie
Annie rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Vicky Harp
Vicky Harp rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2015
Cate
Cate rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Miriam
Miriam rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Allie
Allie rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Whitney
Whitney rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015