Start by marking “Shadows in the Mist: A Paranormal Anthology” as Want to Read:
Shadows in the Mist: A Paranormal Anthology

Shadows in the Mist: A Paranormal Anthology

From the misty waters of Puget Sound across the wrinkles of time to the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius, mystery and magic intertwine to create haunting tales of everlasting passion. This anthology of six novellas is a collaboration of the Seattle-based Rainy Day Writers group.

Murder at the Mausoleum by Marianne Stillings—Out of work and desperate for a job, Stephanie Gabriel relu
Published November 21st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Shadows in the Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows in the Mist

Sandy

With all anthologies, there a few universal truths. Some are better than others & the list of good ones will differ from one reader to the next, depending on personal taste. These are all shorts so some are complete stories, some are cliffhangers (presumably to be followed by sequels or full length novels). Also, due to the format, it's always a challenge for the authors of complete stories to cram it all in & make it believable without things seeming to move at warp speed.
These
Nicky Peacock
Jan 26, 2014 Nicky Peacock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The general rule of thumb with anthologies is that some stories will speak to the reader and some won’t – and that list will change depending on the reader’s tastes. I tend to pick up anthologies when I’m looking for new authors. They can be a wonderful introduction, and I’ve found some of my dearest favourites tightly packed into genre related anthologies.

Shadows In The Mist is a good paranormal romance anthology. Some of the story titles were a little cliché for me, but the overall presentatio
Sandy Grissett
Dec 30, 2015 Sandy Grissett rated it really liked it
Great stories

First book by Marianne Stillings. I did not know this was a series of stories. However, the first was a good read concerning a girl who had lost her husband, twins, her job and her mother had Alzheimer's. She was in search for a job and the agency sent her on an interview with a vampire. On her first night there, a murder takes place and they are figuring out who is responsible. Of course we won't leave out how handsome the vampire is and how she is taken by him.
By Shannon O'Brien.
Nanee Mcgee
Dec 28, 2013 Nanee Mcgee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review by Nanee at upallnightreadallday.blogspot.com

Murder at the Mausoleum by Marianne Stillings - this book was quit entertaining, a who don it with a great cast of characters and love! ....vampires, movie stars, doctors and more. Love Stephanie especially, just want her to have happiness and John a sexy as hell vampire but a good one...a lot of suspicious behaviors and interesting developments. Great story

Spellbound In Seattle by Shannon O'Brien- Rose a virgin witch that keeps to herself and
Lizzie Andrews
Feb 24, 2014 Lizzie Andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think everyone knows how it is with anthologies, you wither love them or hate them. I love them. They give me an opportunity to look at authors I haven't read yet and see if I like their writing style and if I want to keep an eye out for more written by them. I absolutely love short stories that end in a cliff hanger because a full length novel will come out of it (there are a couple in here that I really hope is the case).

An intriguing paranormal anthology, Shadows in the Mist is one that ha
Mariel Hoss
***ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

In this 6 novella collection, only 2 felt concluded - Murder at the Mausoleum (strange but funny so a good read) and Dead Moon ( it was haunting - I'll leave it at that!).

The other four were prequels to what I believe are full length books. While they provide a decent introduction, I dislike being led on without some sort of conclusion where I can decide if my interest was piqued enough by the writing and/or characters that I would want to
Conny
Nov 29, 2013 Conny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a gift and I absolutely loved it. It is a wonderful collection of 6 different stories that had me reading way past my bedtime. They all dealt with the paranormal, with great characters and wonderful story lines, I hope that all of the authors will write another one real soon. I also enjoyed the fact that most of them took place in or around Seattle since I know the area well. I highly recommend this book, it was a great read and lots of fun.
Tina
Jan 07, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Kristine Cayne books!!! This is another great book! This is a must read!! If you like Paranormal books then you will love this.
P.S. Winn
Jan 12, 2014 P.S. Winn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this novel and the stories inside, some more than others, but all in all a five star review is definitely required here.
LK Merola
LK Merola rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2014
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Elizabeth Cruz
Elizabeth Cruz rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2015
Tammy
A mediocre collection of novellas and novelettes.

(Provided by publisher)
Tkrystina
Tkrystina rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Janice Thorne
Janice Thorne rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Patricia K. Larson
Patricia K. Larson rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2015
Nora Herring
Nora Herring rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2014
Jackie Williams
Jackie Williams rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2014
Hassan Ramadan
Hassan Ramadan rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Becky Lamberth
Becky Lamberth rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Claire Skitt
Claire Skitt rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2014
Christi Williams
Christi Williams rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2015
Sasha
Sasha rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Sandi
Sandi added it
Dec 04, 2016
Hillary
Hillary marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Book Nook  Nuts
Book Nook Nuts marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
David Brown marked it as to-read
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Alisa Brkic
Alisa Brkic marked it as to-read
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Emy
Emy added it
Feb 03, 2014
grumpyoldbird
grumpyoldbird marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Charlotte Russell
Charlotte Russell marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Jennifer DeCuir
Jennifer DeCuir is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2014
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Feb 19, 2014
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Leland
Leland marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Kristine Cayne is fascinated by the mysteries of human psychology—twisted secrets, deep-seated beliefs, out-of-control desires. Add in high-stakes scenarios and real-world villains, and you have a story worth writing, and reading.

The heroes and heroines of her Deadly Vices series, beginning with Deadly Obsession, are pitted against each other by their radically opposing life experiences. By overco
More about Kristine Cayne...