Start by marking “A Grim Holiday (Tornians, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
A Grim Holiday (Tornians, #1.5)

A Grim Holiday (Tornians #1.5)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,770 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
It's the Holidays on Luda or at least the Tornian version of the Holidays. When Lisa learned about the Festival of the Goddess she was initially excited, that was before she learned just how Tornians celebrated.
The blending of families and traditions was never easy but Lisa and the girls were determined to bring their version of the Holidays to Luanda and the people they
Published December 26th 2013 by self published

To ask other readers questions about A Grim Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Grim Holiday

CC
Jun 17, 2016 CC rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe-for-me, serial
So sweet you almost want to cry!

Very short but a sweet little story to read after Grim.

Erika

This little Christmas novella was pretty much insanely sweet, adorable, heartwarming and sexy! Grim and Lisa are the best couple.

There was even a hint at some possible future directions this series could go.
Raine
I liked reading what happened to Lisa, Grim and their two girls. I can't wait for the other books in the series.

*****Re-read for the 2nd time*****
Last read 1/7/2014

As I was reading this book I tried to remember the timeline. This book seems to happen after Ynyr's book if it was told in the timeline in the story. There is a person that Lisa mentions as Grim tells her that Ull, who is Ynyr's eldest brother, is on the way to Luda to see her about the best way to make contact with Earth. Lisa menti
Carmen Rae
I so love this series. Short but oh so sweet. Love Grim.

Check out my reviews here
Janie
Jun 11, 2016 Janie rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-heroes
Short sweet read showing their first holiday as a family. Man I love Grim.
Love it all bookworm
Feb 11, 2016 Love it all bookworm rated it really liked it
Overall book rating 4 stars
Audio book: N/A
Book Cover 1 Star

A nice sweet short read that opened a new can of worms. Do I like what in the can - I don't know yet it depends on how it will play out
Laura Elizabeth
Jan 30, 2016 Laura Elizabeth rated it liked it
Short and sweet. Read in fifteen minutes. So not even novella length. So not worth 1.99
Coyora Dokusho
05/05/2014

Thank God it was short so I can get a decent amount of sleep.

typos weren't toooooo bad

little girls = cute

04/05/2015

continuity errrrrrrrrrrors

I'm not sure if I would have liked it more if Wray had come first or not...
Delta
Feb 05, 2015 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of Tornians series
This is a sweet short story that follows book 1, Grim, and could be an epilogue for Grim.
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
I would have given this a 4 star, but I'm pouting so I won't. Entirely too short. This was definitely a teaser for the book to come (I hope there is a book to come....and soon!!). I would loan this book to a friend, however, it has to be a friend who read the first one (or you wouldn't understand anything about this one) TTFN-Elise!
namericanwordcat
This is a sweet tender holiday story that gives us more time with Grim, his queen, their girls.

This short story is worth picking up as we get the whole series pushed forward in plot and a lovely story of family.
Amyiw
Sep 07, 2016 Amyiw rated it really liked it
A quick fun short showing Grim the meaning of family with the celebration of the holidays and the exchange of heartfelt gifts. I really liked it.
Heather
Jul 07, 2015 Heather rated it liked it
A short novella featuring the main couple celebrating combining traditions. Sweet erotic fun as we get another glimpse into this couple.
Jenny Brown
Oct 26, 2016 Jenny Brown rated it really liked it
A sweet addition to the first book. Enjoyed the interaction of the characters... It just adds to the loving family they have become.
Gmc
A Grim Holiday (Tornians Book 1) Kindle Edition by M.K. Eidem
eBook

King Grim Vasteri is the strongest and most feared warrior in the Tornian Empire. He is the King of Luda, blood brother to the Emperor and his line will die with him. He will have no offspring for no female would join with him for once he was scarred he was considered 'unfit'. The Tornian Empire has been dying ever since the great infection caused the birth of females to become a rarity. Since then they have been searching the k
Elizabeth
Almost didn't buy due to price but glad I did.

The price was a bit more than I expected for approximately 35 pages but I really wanted more Grim, Lisa, the girls etc. So I splurged and was very happy that I did.

This short story is what I hope for every time I go back and read Grim. Taken care of is that jarring tense choice in Grim that I have to get caught up in the story to ignore. I'd buy Grim again in a second if I could read it without having to fight the tense choice through the entire bo
Dawn
Grim and Lisa decided to have a blended holiday where the Blessing of the Goddess and Christmas will go together.

The Warriors were very accommodating when asked to bring in a live tree and place it in a planter only to learn they will be replanting it in a few short weeks. Grimm slowly learns the meaning behind each ornament and each paper garland that is cut and pasted by all family members. Slowly he learns the meaning of Christmas is a celebration of family and to be thankful of same.

The Tori
Tam B.
Jan 10, 2014 Tam B. rated it liked it
So whilst I'm glad that MKE decided to give us a little update / holiday glimpse back in to the world of Grim, this was overpriced.

You are essentially getting a chapter about combining Christmas and the Festival of the Goddess with some smaller snatches of info' on what is happening with regards to all the ladies and the men that want to "join" with them.

Other authors I follow would have posted something like this on their blog as a Christmas present to their readers, but MKE is perfectly okay
Katrina
Apr 05, 2014 Katrina rated it really liked it
A Grim Holiday, charming, sweet and yes, steamy novella is a prime example of what happens when a good story-teller FINALLY starts investing in editing. On numerous occasions the previous books by M.K. Eidem were raked over the hot coals by reviewers, including yours truly, not for the poor stories but for an absolutely atrocious editing. With this novella it was rewarding to see that our angst and critique were not in vein and have been heard. Well done ,Ms Eidem. If you keep work like this one ...more
Cherise
Jul 02, 2016 Cherise rated it it was amazing
Nickcole
Mar 23, 2014 Nickcole rated it it was amazing
Stars: 5

Overall: This is a short story about Lisa and Grim during the blending of holiday cheers. My only compliant about this story is i wish it was longer than the 35 pages the author gave us. The story is about Grim explaining his holiday to Lisa and Lisa showing him what Christmas is all about on her planet. I had a few tears in my eyes when Lisa gives Grim his gift. I really hope that there is mention of Lisa giving birth in the next book.

Characters: Lisa & Grim

Page Turner: YES!

Series
Lynn Henshaw
Jan 18, 2015 Lynn Henshaw rated it it was ok
Way too short!

Ok I really love this series despite all the missing words and other editing issues, but,,, 32 pages - are you kidding me? And with a giant cliffhanger as well? M K Eidem needs to write faster. I wish I could be on a Arc list to weed out the missing words, and other editing issues because I think we all agree its irritating to read an otherwise great story that is flawed. This story,(or rather, long paragraph) didn't have much, but the brevity of it for the price was extremely disa
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
This was a great little addition.

I have to admit to being nervous, due to the issues I had with Grim and the price of what is a very short novella! (bearing in mind that you want ppl to buy your stuff, pricing it sensibly would be a good idea)

However, a lot of the grammar and tense issues that were so prevalent in the first book, were fixed in this short novella.

The author has really created a lovely story and character in Grim.

I really enjoyed it.
Chappy
Dec 30, 2014 Chappy rated it really liked it
OK this was really short...kind of a tease.

Love how Lisa gives Grim his first BJ. He was so surprised, grateful and turned-on all at the same time.

The kids Carli and Miki are so cute and they give Grim a really sweet gift.

There is a great teaser about Ull and how he plans to go to Earth and warn them about the Ganglions stealing their women to sell to Tornian.

Ull feels rejected since none of the original 11 women wanted to join with him. I hope he gets a HEA eventually.
Jean
Feb 24, 2016 Jean rated it liked it

The story was too short if you ask me..
It takes place about three months after the first novel, Grim, in the series
and I feel as though it ended a bit abrubtly.
Grim tells Lisa that Ull is there to speak with her about Earth but the Reader never
witnesses that conversation. I would have liked to witness it.

The short story basically introduced Grim to Lisa's Earth Holiday Customs.
I liked it and wished it was longer.

Ava
Jan 15, 2015 Ava rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi
This is the kind of epilogue that need more. so many leftovers from first book and more leftovers from this one.
rebecca?
Ull?
the others women?
and what? contact?
so much more upcoming things so I hope with book 2 it will be answered or given more idea of what going to happen.

But I could see some changes from the typos. it was more enjoyable to read this one.
Tracey Brown
Apr 11, 2016 Tracey Brown rated it really liked it
Short and sweet the holidays with Grim and Lisa. I am so loving this series can't wait to read the next one.
re read 11/04/16
short books are not normally my thing but i love this series and this was enjoyable a lovely way to catch up with Grim and Lisa.
Anita Brunson
Jan 17, 2014 Anita Brunson rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

You have to read GRIM to understand this short story of blending the to worlds. It is so heartwarming. Lisa shows GRIM the meaning of The Holidays. The love that this unusual family has for each other makes you wish that every family could be so loving.
Becky
Apr 01, 2014 Becky rated it really liked it
This was a nice short story to see how Grim and Lisa are doing. I am very glad to see the author has fixed many of the editing and problems with the tenses of her sentences in this story. It made it a much more enjoyable read.
Maria Barnes
Mar 05, 2015 Maria Barnes rated it liked it
More of a short chapter

Interesting way to celebrate Christmas and blending the cultures but Christmas and it's meaning wasn't really explained. Felt like just another chapter/epilogue. Editing better than first book but still had some tense errors. Could have been longer.
  • Zuri's Zargonnii Warrior (Unearthly World #2)
  • Breeder (Breeder, #1)
  • Resisting Rachel (Warriors of Kelon, #3)
  • Sister Katherine (Nuns of Europa, #1; World of Kalquor #3.01)
  • 3013: Mated (3013, #1)
  • Venomous (Alien Warrior, #1)
  • Colonial Prime (Katieran Prime, #7)
  • Cornering Carmen (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #5)
  • Torkel's Chosen (A World Beyond, #1)
  • Distant Desires: Part 3