Start by marking “A Girl of the Paper Sky” as Want to Read:
A Girl of the Paper Sky

A Girl of the Paper Sky

The Paper Sky. A place of great beauty...and great evil.

Lori Patterson thought she had discovered a paradise when she visited there in a dream, a place of wonders. But something found her; a malevolent being that calls the paper sky home. To save her life, and the lives of the ones she loves, she must solve the mysteries of this strange land, and confront the demon that dw
Published December 23rd 2013 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about A Girl of the Paper Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Girl of the Paper Sky

Grammar*Kitten
Jan 06, 2014 Grammar*Kitten rated it it was amazing
Randy Mixter's latest offering, A Girl Of The Paper Sky, is a truly captivating read that not only stretches the boundaries of the imagination but also of your dreams.

What if our dreams are not the sleeping imaginings of our tired minds, but a portal to another world?

This is the case for Mixter's new protagonist, Lori. I found the character to be relatable insofar as she is a normal girl; she has no firm plans for the future and is just making do the best she can. That is, until a chance encoun
Rosie Amber
Jan 02, 2014 Rosie Amber rated it it was amazing
A Girl of the Paper Sky is a haunting tale. Is it a land of dreams? Is it a parallel Universe? Or is it a soul flying free? Generations of select people have what it takes to visit the land of the Paper Sky. There an evil presence lurks, threatening the town of Clarksdale.

Lori enters the land through her dreams, she sees beautiful colours, paper birds and a bad scarecrow. Whilst sharing her experiences she finds that people take on the persona of paper birds in her dreams.

Lori is powerful and sh
Mammy Oaklee
Sep 30, 2014 Mammy Oaklee rated it it was amazing
A Girl Of The Paper Sky, the title had me intrigued. The cover captivated me. I had to read it next!
The first page confirmed judgement of the title and cover. I was struck with a hunger to know the story of A Girl Of The Paper Sky!
A Girl Of The Paper Sky is a fast paced novella (short story) filled with wonderment and twist n’ turns. Lori Patterson must learn to discern what is real and what is a dream, as well as whom her friends are. The Evil one wants and awaits her. He has many deceitful mo
Rosemary Foley
Jul 12, 2016 Rosemary Foley rated it it was amazing
A Girl of the Paper Sky had me captivated !!!!!!!!!!! My mind's eye could see the colors of the painted sky that Lori saw.. Living in two worlds is where Randy takes you, one world an everyday normal and the other world, dark evil, paper birds, some mystery and lots of beautiful colors that you will be able to picture just by reading.. Reality and fantasy are so close together, you see the fantasy trying to take over and the evil wants in.. Randy has a way of describing things that the reader ...more
Michelle
Feb 25, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
First off, I received this book as through a goodreads first read giveaway. I was pleasantly surprised by it!

The cover artwork is really intriguing, while not amazing print quality, it definitely got my attention. The story itself is great. It is a very fast read. I wish there was more to it, sadly it's only about 160 pages.

It's such an original captivating story line. My only issue with it were the occasional short, odd sentences. I think they were distracting and really would have been bette
Seri Lee
Jul 29, 2016 Seri Lee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Although I am only half way through this book, it instantly captivated me from the first page. It is an enchanting story about an unknown place called the Paper Sky where only chosen people can experience. As a daydreamer myself, I was instantly able to connect with the main character. I am looking forward to how this story develops and ends. It is a great quick read during bad weather! :)
Brittany
Mar 22, 2014 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: randy-mixter
This was a great book! It was a very quick read and was wonderful. I really liked that this book was not like the others that I have read, and I couldn't necessarily predict what was going to happen next. This was a book that I kind of wish there was a sequel to but was still very happy with it all.
Cindy Campbell
Jan 05, 2015 Cindy Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

It kept me interested but left several questions unanswered. It was very descriptive. Needed a little more fluff in the story as well as more details.
Chris Philbrook
Apr 16, 2014 Chris Philbrook rated it liked it
Absolutely loved the concept of this book. The idea and prose of it all felt very Gaiman-esque to me, and I'm a huge Gaiman fan. I won't give the story away, sans that there's a magical dreamscape that people all pulled into 'chosen' as the books says, and in said dreamscape, there's an evil villain out to get them.

It's a cool book.

Reasons why I'm not rating it higher:

It's short. 160 pages is not really a novel, it's a novella. Advertising it as a novel left me a little disappointed in its leng
Kelly
Nov 19, 2015 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, read-2015
Ugh. I wrote a sorta review of this and then my internet decided to stop working so it didn't save. I am not going through the effort of rewriting it because this book is just bad. It had such an interesting-sounding premise and it just did not live up to that potential. Things just happen without any kind of explanation or anything. Very frustrating and disappointing.
Taylor
Taylor rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Eliza Bell
Eliza Bell rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Pam Carson
Pam Carson rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Randy Mixter
Sep 05, 2014 Randy Mixter rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Blanche Wegman
Blanche Wegman rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2014
Karmin
Karmin rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Maddy
Maddy rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Sonya
Sonya marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Terrell Sanzone
Terrell Sanzone marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Sabrina Bradley
Sabrina Bradley marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Kim Hathorn
Kim Hathorn marked it as to-read
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Sara Rose
Sara Rose marked it as to-read
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Haven Gordon
Haven Gordon marked it as to-read
Nichole Courtney
Nichole Courtney marked it as to-read
Malinda
Malinda marked it as to-read
Heather Bridson
Heather Bridson marked it as to-read
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
  • Dark Discoveries - Issue #26
  • Dark Corner
  • Colin McCool and the Vampire Dwarf
  • Toxics (The Old World Series, #1)
  • Ending the Rain: A Fairy Tale
  • Do Not Open!: The Story of Pandora's Box
  • I'm Nobody
  • Secret of the Golden Shawl
  • The Sciell (Merging Worlds Series, #1)
  • Return To Moonlit Valley
  • Angelesis
  • The Sword of Demelza
  • Subliminal Messiah
  • Dead and Beloved
  • Diana's Dreams (Whispers)
  • The Cougar
  • Maia and Icarus
  • Before the Full Moon Rises
Author Randy Mixter lives in Pasadena, Maryland, with his wife Veronica and their five cats. He writes in a variety of genres including Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Mysteries, and Suspense Thrillers. He currently has several novels and short stories available, with more on the way.

Find out about new releases, special discounts, and free book promotions at https://sites.google.com/site/randymi...

Chec
More about Randy Mixter...