Start by marking “Live Your Dreams” as Want to Read:
Live Your Dreams

Live Your Dreams

Here is Les Brown's personal formula for success and happiness -- positively charged thoughts, guidance, examples, plus an Action Planner to help you focus your thoughts on specific goals...and achieve them all. The answers are all here in this astonishing book -- with one simple, powerful message: We may not always be able to control what is put in our path, but we can al ...more
Published July 1st 1994 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published October 14th 1992)

Chad
Feb 13, 2008 Chad rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who are making a paradigm change
I want the kind of energy Les Brown has. This book is a history lesson on who the man is and how he got to where he is today. Since reading this book I printed his affirmation out and pinned it up on my wall in my office. Those who know it well have committed it to memory but I haven't been able to do that yet...

"If you want a thing bad enough to go out and fight for it, to work day and night for it, to give up your time, your peace and your sleep for it...
If all that you dream and scheme is abo
John
Oct 11, 2014 John rated it it was amazing
We get sooooooo many negative messages from the world: You're not good enough, you can't succeed, you just don't measure up. It's refreshing to read a book so thoroughly positive. I place this book right up there with Purpose Driven Life and Dr. Covey's 7 Habits.

This book is kind of like physical exercise. I mean, the concepts are there...the key is to DO IT!

I'd much rather have a dream and strive for it, than having no dream at all. Because, even if you don't don't achieve your dream 100%, at
Sincere Sincere
Mar 29, 2014 Sincere Sincere rated it it was amazing
If this book does not motivate and inspire you to live your dreams, nothing will. I absolutely love this book. I rented it from the library and had to put the book down and order it. This book is something that you want to have in your book collections to pass down to your children, children, children. Meme Baby Boy gives it to you straight! I absolutely love this book. Les is a gifted motivator. Oprah need him on her show!!!!!
Carl
Feb 09, 2008 Carl rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: success leaves clues
Shelves: self-motivation
This particular book is the one that jumpstarted my reading frenzy, and lead to me eventually becoming a bookhound!

While I think by now I could write the first half of any given self-help/my journey book out there (cause they are all the same old 'built myself from nothing' story), this is another one of the ones actually worth picking up. It pulled out of perhaps the darkest depression I have ever been in.
One of the things in this book that is not in many of the others is the idea that you do n
Muhammad Al-Salman
It's essentially collection of life stories and different aspects of life experiences that the author i.e Mr. Les Brown has gone through in his life being shared in this book. I liked the book because I watched couple of videos and clips for Brown in youtube. So I know the words of whom I am reading for; therefore, it was enjoyable, motivational, and an eye opener.
Jamie Belt
Apr 15, 2012 Jamie Belt rated it really liked it
This book has been a staple on my shelves for years, and I always get something new from each re-reading.
Usiere Uko
Dec 01, 2012 Usiere Uko rated it it was amazing
A very inspiring story of Les' rise from grass to grace which shows that anyone can live his or her dreams without excuses
Marvin
May 12, 2008 Marvin added it
Shelves: motivation
How to combat fear and begin to develop the habit of thinking BIG instead of existing...
Terri F. Williams
Mar 06, 2008 Terri F. Williams rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yes
I really enjoyed this book. The main focus of this book is motivation. I enjoyed the book because I am drawn towards anything that is positive. Les Brwon keeps it simple and tells it like it is. We truly can make our dreams come true if we only believe in ourselves.
Garfield Whyte
Nov 18, 2016 Garfield Whyte rated it really liked it
Okay but some of it is just big talk
Lyn
Oct 18, 2014 Lyn rated it it was amazing
I needed these reminders. Loved it yet again.
Allen Redmond
Mar 10, 2017 Allen Redmond rated it really liked it
Inspirational!!!
Robert
Dec 30, 2015 Robert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, kindle
What a mess!

Les Brown is beloved by several people I associate with. I figured I'd give him a spot in the reading rotation. Somewhere along the line this book was recommended and I put it on the To-Read list. When I noticed Amazon would let me read this for free, I began. Thankfully it was a free read for this book just did nothing for me.

Truth be told, I am not a motivational/self-help type person nor do I lean to reading this genre. But as someone interested in public speaking, I find myself o
Daliso Ngoma
May 06, 2014 Daliso Ngoma rated it liked it
In summary, the book is a good jump start for a person who seems to be leading life without much direction, wants that extra kick to get somewhere and start "living one's dream".

It seems to encompass both a brief biography and a certain approaches that have helped Les Brown become the man that he is, and hopefully make you find your inner greatness.

The book to a certain degree has a Christian undertone which is understandable when you look at Les Brown's life as a whole and people who have influ
Linda
Nov 09, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
A friend recommended Les Brown to me. I liked his use of stories to get his message across.

Interesting how even though some of the technology and business framework is different today, his message is still valid after 20 years. He shared his background and journey to follow his dream to become of public speaker. One of my favorite quotes from the book is “I was an ant knocking on the door to the giant’s castle.” I think many people feel that way when trying to pursue their dreams. Persistence wi
Bonnie Jacobs hessler
Mar 02, 2015 Bonnie Jacobs hessler rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book alot. Les starts off by talking about his childhood. Then goes on show how he overcame his struggles to get to where he is today. He also, talks about investing in people to help them live there dreams too!
Nicole
Oct 11, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it
The book is a compilation of his talks from the nineties. You can hear them and watch some of them on youtube. Les is dynamic and a great inspiration - even after all these years. I highly recommend the book and listening to his live performances.
Jd
Aug 15, 2014 Jd rated it did not like it
This book is utter crap. It could be written as a 20 page pamphlet on how to write SMART goals with a short bio (rather than repeating the same stories 15 times to fill pages.) Everyone can be a millionaire if they really want to!!!!!!!! No.... you can't..........
Writeonbro

Les continues his ability to motivate people, this time through the written words of this good read. If you don't follow the action planner he includes at the end of the book, you just may not live your dreams.
Mohamed
May 19, 2015 Mohamed rated it liked it
rtymèiluiolb ukyhjgygzevlu rigursguirjehefgjl mrehkgmuhjkbgukbsdukmvjd gug ukhukagjkgjksfvbkjbsqjkbsfjkb bjgnjlqjkbhgjkrdgkhjqgb fksgbrsgsfjgbkjdlgbjkbsgklnfjdgbklqdh jbdfgbjkljdlfkghljfhndgkihkdlg
Lamar Gary
Apr 06, 2013 Lamar Gary rated it it was amazing
This book was great. And I know some people will read it and not see the gems in there... but go through it with a comb and think about your life up to this point and read it again.

I read something out of here once a day now. It helps me remember who I really am.
Melissa Oliver
I love his love for his momma. She was his inspiration. He tells to get your name out there.
رشآ
Dec 25, 2014 رشآ rated it really liked it
"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling ."

Les is cheering me up like no one else =>
Pumza
Feb 04, 2015 Pumza rated it it was amazing
Awesome book
Erica
Jun 05, 2011 Erica rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down, it was so easy to read.
Devarshi Bhatt
Jul 10, 2014 Devarshi Bhatt marked it as to-read
for my good !
Surabhi Singh
Apr 22, 2015 Surabhi Singh rated it liked it
A good read if you are demotivated in your life and need a boost.
Hussien Khayoon
Jun 28, 2015 Hussien Khayoon rated it it was amazing
Great book. I love this man and this book. Pretty easy read and what I love most about it are his personal stories. Make sure you watch his videos and audio tapes. Great stuff!
Bernard Clive
Jan 07, 2011 Bernard Clive rated it it was amazing
inspirational
Khurshid
Sep 01, 2016 Khurshid marked it as to-read
Wanting to read this book & want to dream more.
IF THIS DOESN'T BLAST ME INTO SUCCESS - MAYBE NOTHING WILL? 2 3 Jul 03, 2013 02:26PM
  • Black Pain: It Just Looks Like We're Not Hurting: Real Talk for When There's Nowhere to Go But Up
  • Naked: Black Women Bare All About Their Skin, Hair, Hips, Lips, and Other Parts
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
  • Don't Block the Blessings
  • The First Step: How One Girl Put Segregation on Trial
  • Don't Bring Home a White Boy: And Other Notions that Keep Black Women From Dating Out
  • Expect to Win: Proven Strategies for Success from a Wall Street Vet
  • Member of the Club: Reflections on Life in a Racially Polarized World
  • She's Such a Geek!: Women Write About Science, Technology, and Other Nerdy Stuff
  • YELL-Oh Girls!: Emerging Voices Explore Culture, Identity, and Growing Up Asian American
  • Don't Play in the Sun: One Woman's Journey Through the Color Complex
  • Rock My Soul: Black People and Self-Esteem
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • Why Me: The Sammy Davis, Jr. Story
  • All You Can Do Is All You Can Do But All You Can Do Is Enough!
  • Getting Organized
  • Mr. and Mrs. Prince: How an Extraordinary Eighteenth-Century Family Moved Out of Slavery and into Legend
  • Skinny Women Are Evil: Notes of a Big Girl in a Small-Minded World
This is Les^Brown, motivational speaker
Les^^Brown is the author of warship books

Les Brown is a top Motivational Speaker, Speech Coach, and Best-Selling Author, loving father and grandfather, whose passion is empowering youth and helping them have a larger vision for their lives.

Les Brown's straight-from-the-heart, high-energy, passionate message motivates and engages all audiences to step into the
More about Les Brown...

“I will heighten my life by helping others heighten theirs” 46 likes
“Make sure when you fall you land on your back if you can see you can get up.” 32 likes