Start by marking “Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)” as Want to Read:
Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)

Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)

Snooping is risky business…sometimes it pays off in unexpected ways.

Jenn has been in love with her best friend since college and despite their years apart she is determined to at least find out if he has any interest in her. When the opportunity opens up in the form of a job interview in his hometown, she jumps on a plane with a plan to see what happens.

Riley walked away
Published December 23rd 2013 by Gypsy Ink Books (first published November 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bottoms Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottoms Up

Julianna
Jan 30, 2013 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Erotic Romance Novellas w/BDSM
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Bottoms Up is a scorching hot, erotic romance novella about two long-time, best friends who finally give in to their desire to become lovers. This is a pretty short story that takes place over the course of only one weekend, during which the hero reveals his dark, sexual side to the heroine and tries to convince her that she's the woman he has always wanted. Normally, stories that take place in such a short time frame don't work well for me, but having these two know each
Holly
Jul 22, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
What a Smokin' Hot little read!!! I love the friends to lovers stories and the light BDSM makes it all that much sexier!!
Blackravens Reviews
MacKenzie’s Review:

Bottoms Up by Eliza Gayle is a very quick, fun read.

At 68 pages there isn’t too much room for in-depth personality development for our characters, but the scenes that Ms. Gayle sets up have the reader rooting for Jenn and Riley’s happily-ever-after with the turn of each page. The BDSM scenes are fun to watch with Jenn’s relatively new status to the lifestyle. Riley, while more practiced, at times doesn’t know how far to take things with Jenn which makes him endearingly tentati
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Short and sweet bdsm story about college friends turned lovers. It was hot and sweet. I was rooting for them!

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Jenn and Riley were best friends in college. When they meet again, Riley shows Jenn a new sexual world she has never experienced before.

Bottoms Up has BDSM in it and it turned out to be a very steamy read! After all, Riley’s got a spanking fetish and Jenn learns to explore her submissive side. Let me tell you, she’s an adventurous one!

This book has want, love and lust rolled into one sexy read!

Plus, that cover is HOT.
Terra Oenning
Nov 25, 2011 Terra Oenning rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow I so love Riley and Jenn's story in this book, they both have had feelings for each other since college and when a job opp comes around to be close to Riley again Jenn goes to for the interview and spends 2 days with Riley . she has no clue that Riley is a Dom and is into BDSM and she has never tried anything like that in her life, but She was always curious about it. Riley teaches her what it means to be a sub and Jenn is a natural at it. very good book hated for it to end..
Becca
Bottoms Up is a short friends to lovers contemporary romance. It is sweet, sugar-kink BDSM with a sprinkling of glitter-kink on the side. Not much to it really. No real tension or any surprises, a very nice easy read. My only complaint is that the club scene felt forced and out of place for the story. I could be wrong, but it struck me as way too much, way too soon in the relationship.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This was a cute and light story between friends reuniting. I found it to be very light bondage. This was more kinky than bdsm. Still a fun short read.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
This was a hot, short story about friends to lovers with some bdsm thrown in. Very nice.
HeatherTX
A really hot friends to lovers read. Eliza Gayle has not disappointed me yet.
Delia Binder
Jul 09, 2014 Delia Binder rated it it was ok
I feel bad reviewing this, because author Eliza Gayle clearly means well - but she wants feedback, so here goes:

It didn't catch me up. It wasn't unpleasant, the characters weren't unappealing - it was just there, and for all the kink and fetish it felt kind of meh to me. I had the same reaction reading Harry Potter - there's a lot of wizardry and incident, but all of it seems...strangely ordinary, given all the extraordinary things occurring.

The writing lacks a certain vibrancy - and if you're
Andy

Genres: Short story, Erotic Romance;
Rating: 2.5 Stars

bdsm book photo: bdsm Dibujo29.jpg
Vanessa
It was a very pleasant read. Jenn and Riley are both good characters _ though given the short length of the story, they're not as developped as they would have deserved. I have a fondness for friends turning into lovers, so I bought their love/lust story easily enough.
I was a bit skeptical though about Jenn, who admittedly has had very little experience when it comes to sex, will so fast and so deeply go into submission. I could overlook the fact that in 2 days, she comes from considering sugge
Leslee Anderson
May 26, 2014 Leslee Anderson rated it it was amazing
Purgatory novellas get better and better. Now I have a new favorite novella. I like the fact that Riley and Jenn are already serious about one another before the passion starts. Jenn doesn't know about his life but she has her own hidden knowledge and desires. Sometimes in novellas the relationship is too fast and too serious that it doesn't seem real but here with them you feel like you've watched two people love and care about each other for years. It's fun, passionate, and yes loving. Can't ...more
Dar
Mar 09, 2014 Dar rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads, bdsm
A nice quick read that gets right to the point - what if you had a chance with the one you never made the move on? Jenn and Riley were roommates in college, and stayed friends. Years later and all mature and such, both are ready to make a move at the same time

These two find out they are moving in the same direction, just a couple of bumps to work out, to get to the HEA

Hot and sexy with just a punch of sweetness - perfect!
Kristelle
This erotica has BDSM theme on it. With all the playing with the sex toys and spanking the ass to complete exhibition, the author was very successful in turning it into a very steamy love-sex story.

Though it was short, the eroticism did not disappear, instead it became more intense.

Personally, I actually did not like the idea of BDSM but MAYBE this story is an exception. For those who have soul for erotic piece of literary art, this story is good enough to kill time.
Volk
Jun 11, 2013 Volk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs, found
Pretty good book, all things considered, but honestly if this was reality in any way, it would've gone hoooooorrribly for the guy, I mean c'mon! (SPOILER)

Public spanking after a single day worth of experience???? Without even a warning, much less permission? Seriously, even the most submissive girl out there would've balked at that, and they've been right to do so, what kind of Dom does that? (Except a fictional one, ofc)
Beck
Jul 27, 2012 Beck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story only took me an hour or so to read but it was fun while it lasted. There was minimal character development due to the word count but the author set the scene well & gave enough background so you could connect with the characters. The sex was nicely written & the BDSM wasn't too hard & heavy. I would have preferred a longer version of the story but otherwise it was enjoyable.

Originally posted on Amazon.com
Judy Traband
Feb 02, 2013 Judy Traband rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great, quick read. Hard not to fall in love with Riley, such a sexy lover. Found this book to be a true love story. I loved it when Riley walks in when Jenn is looking through The Caring Dominant book and says "I'd say your curiousity just saved us about an hour's worth of awkward conversation".... and so it begins.....
Varii
A sweet, light, very short read about two college friends who reunite at a deeper level. Both have D/s fantasies and they play a bit. Light spanking, bondage, and romance with a smidgen of exhibitionism. This is not a deep, well developed story, but if you have a couple of hours and enjoy a tender romance with a tiny bit of spice, this is a great choice.
Lady Aeval
I loved this book! The characters and their relationship were well explained and felt sincere. The sex and the kink was scorching hot! What really made me give this is a five is that after reading it, I wanted to read it again. I loved it from beginning to end. It is not hardcore BDSM, but for a casual reader like me it was perfect. I will be pulling this out to read over and over.
Mary
Dec 29, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
Short, sexy, erotic ... Riley and Jenn were best friends in college but went to different cities after graduation. Jenn comes to visit Riley when she interviews for a job in his city. This provides them with the chance to push their relationship past the friend stage but can Jenn handle the real Riley in the bedroom?
Lisa Bird
Oct 11, 2014 Lisa Bird rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sexy exploration

the story follows a couple's journey into d/s, and finding love for each other again. It provides good detail on what each character thinks atm and the scenes together are hot.
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
3.5 Stars!

The cover is oh so hot ;)
Short hot read, For some reason Jenn's character feels very immature during the dialogue bit!
Appart from that, the book is really sexy ;) I wish it was longer.. the story plot is really nice!
Steph
A sexy short about Riley and Jenn. College friends who have secretly longed to be together jump at the chance to explore those feelings when they reunite after seven years.
Nicole
Jul 30, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short BDSM story, that us very BDSMy. There is not much to it really. Just a woman’s intorduction to that life. A past love that is now a Dom. And all that.
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Jul 05, 2014 Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
I love Eliza's books and have read the full length novels. I loved this book I just wish it was longer but, then that is what a Novella is and the number of pages are posted. Loved the story!
Kelly
Jan 30, 2011 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, read-2011
Have to say the cover did more for me than the story. But it was good just not what I expected after that smokin cover.

Helen
Mar 13, 2015 Helen rated it it was amazing
Good story

If you enjoy reading a good story with hot love scenes with bdsm you will enjoy this book and her other Purgatory Club stories.
Reshanna
Dec 31, 2012 Reshanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, sweet and to the point. Enjoyed the story of best friends becoming lovers and discovering new things about each other and themselves.
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)
  • In Debt to the Dom (Guilty Pleasures # 1)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • A Spanking for Valentine
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Maverick's Black Cat (The Boulevard, #1)
  • Tamed
  • Unmasking Dorian (Jenners Law, #1)
  • Beck And Call
  • Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers #1)
  • Training Amy (Gilded Lily, #1)
  • Training the Receptionist (The Receptionist, #1)
  • Sugar and Spice (What Women Like, #1)
  • Away From Me

Purgatory Club (6 books)
  • Roped (Purgatory Club, #1)
  • Watch Me (Purgatory Club, #2)
  • Teased  (Purgatory Club #3)
  • Burned (Purgatory Club, #4)
  • Hold Me Close (Purgatory Club, #6; Invitation to Eden, #8)