In Quest of Gold: The Jim Ryun Story

In Quest of Gold: The Jim Ryun Story

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published September 1st 1984 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about In Quest of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Quest of Gold

Jeremy Wood
I am not really big on religion and this book doesnt delve into that TOO much, but mr ryun tells a good story about his quest for the Olympic gold and the aftereffect it had on both him and his family. His endurance towards the goal really drives the book
Rick
As a high school track athlete, Ryun was a hero of mine. In my 30's I had the chance to run 6 miles with him. I have read his story twice and passed it on to a couple of my running friends.
Richard G
One of the only books I was able to sit through about running. Something about the experience of reading was more sentimental to me. It was given to me by the track coach of my Catholic church's middle school team. I can't really sit through reading very much of anything about running anymore.
Anthony Edridge
The life of Olympic athletes is always full of exciting events and exciting driven people. But how does a great runner sell out to a second all consuming goal? Jim Ryun describes all the triumphs and tragedies of allowing God to be his primary goal, so that his running became part of God's gift for his life. But God also added so much more to his life than mere running; the fulfillment of God's purpose in all his relationships, both family and friends.
Lüc Carl
As an avid runner I flew through this book in no time. It was well written and I enjoyed it very much. I could have done without all the God crap being shoved down my throat, and I didn't particularly care for the ending. Although I did start going to church more often to pray for my knees.
Very hard book to get your hands on. Used is the only option I could find.
Michelle
Darrell
I chose to read this book because I wanted to read about his running exploits. As an unexpected bonus, I was surprised and pleased to read about his journey to Christianity as well.
Popiepants
Popiepants marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
B. Factor
B. Factor marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Zach Mackenzie
Zach Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Neal
Neal added it
Jan 22, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Belynda Skillions
Belynda Skillions marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Conor
Conor marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Jacob Carlson
Jacob Carlson marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
Joni
Joni marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2011
Heroes Among Us: Deep Within Each of Us Dwells the Heart of a Hereo. The Courage to Run: Inspiration for Winning the Race of Your Life The Courage to Run Heroes Among Us: Deep Within Each of Us Dwells the Heart of a Hero Heroes Among Us