Start by marking “Most Eligible Sheriff” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Most Eligible Sheriff

Cathy McDavid

Most Eligible Sheriff (Sweetheart, Nevada #3)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A Reason To Stay

Published March 1st 2014 by Harlequin American Romance (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Most Eligible Sheriff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Most Eligible Sheriff

Susan
Good book. Ruby has come to Sweetheart to hide from her stalker. She'd rather lie low, but sister Scarlett wants to take off to visit an old boyfriend. So Ruby pretends to be her sister and fill in for her at work. Scarlett forgot to tell Ruby that she's dating the local sheriff.

Cliff realizes immediately that Ruby is not Scarlett. Her kiss blows him away, making him feel things he never felt for Scarlett. He's wary of Ruby until he confirms her story and agrees to go along with her ruse and pro
Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal)
Ruby McPhee is on the run, to take over her sister Scarlett's life while her stalker is in jail in Las Vegas. She needs to get away until the trial is over, and Scarlett is trying to reconcile again with her on-again/off-again boyfriend, Dimitri. So Ruby goes to fill in at work for her, so Scarlett won't lose her job at the ranch where she works. Of course her sister left out a very important detail when she was giving Ruby the lowdown on her life - she's been dating Cliff, the local sheriff! Im ...more
C.A. Szarek
sweet story! Great read!

This book absolutely hooked me from the start! I have to admit that when I started and realized in chapter 1 that a set of twins was switching places I thought to myself "oh no." Because that so predictable but then when she meets the hero and he immediately realizes she's not her sister I felt a lot better about things.

From the start I liked them both! Cliff is a big tough guy with a squishy middle, a soft spot for kids & dogs. And he's hot.

Ruby is sensible & sc
Angela

I always enjoy a little suspense in a romance novel. Most Eligible Sheriff kept me on the edge of my seat without scaring the pants off me. I appreciate that, since I don't like to be distracted from the romantic plot, and, let's face it, I like my pants to stay on.

In this cowboy romance, Ruby comes into small-town Sweetheart to hide from a stalker, and conveniently she takes her twin sister's place at home and at work while sis is off gallivanting with an ex-boyfriend. Who knew that
Sally
Ruby McPhee, a Vegas casino manager, is being stalked by Crowley, the son of a politician, who keeps paying his son out of trouble. This time he attacked Ruby in her home, so she had to find a place to hide until the police could deal with the situation. Her sister Scarlett McPhee lives in the small town of Sweetheart, Nevada, so Ruby and Scarlett trade places since they are identical twins. Scarlett in her haste to get out of town to meet with her on again off again boyfriend forgets to tell Ru ...more
C.A. Szarek

Ruby is sensible & scared of the guy who's af
Amanda
Ruby is on the run after a client at the casino she works at decides he's not going to take no for an answer. When the detective in charge tells her maybe she should get out of town and lay low for a while she calls her sister and they decide to switch places. They're twins and they've done it before, so why not now. She'll assume the identity of her sister and her sister will go be with the on again off again guy she's been seeing.

Cliff noticed that the girl he'd been seeing, Scarlett, has been
Isis
I have a confession to make. After reading one of my favorite books, "Point Pleasant" by Jen Archer Wood, I haven't gotten over sheriffs. So the moment I caught sight of this novel I knew I had to have it.

This book was nice. I liked it enough. The sheriff was dreamy and swoon-worthy, just as I'd imagined. The main character, Ruby, was really likeable. I found the story to be interesting, especially with the story line. It felt realistic, for the most part.

But it wasn't extraordinary. I didn't h
Kristi

I found this book to meet expectations - romance, tension, hang-ups on both sides. It had all the typical elements of contemporary romance so in that sense it was an enjoyable read. There was nothing particularly unique to set it apart from the genre though. It is certainly worth reading if you are looking for a contemporary romance with a sprinkle of suspense. While it is third in a trilogy I did not find it problematic or expect it was less rich to have read it as a stand alone.

I have
Sorcha
A Reason To Stay
Las Vegas casino manager Ruby McPhee needs to lay low while the police deal with a stalker at work. So she's trading in her high heels for cowboy boots and assuming her twin sister's identity at the Gold Nugget Ranch. Ruby only plans on staying in Sweetheart, Nevada, until the threat back home has passed. But then she discovers a detail her sister forgot to mention�the handsome sheriff she's dating.
It only takes a single kiss for Cliff Dempsey to realize the woman in his arms is
Andrea
***An ARC was provided to me from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***
Ruby switches places with her twin sister after being attacked by her stalker. She meets Cliff Dempsey, the town sheriff, after one kiss Ruby's secret is revealed. Cliff helps Ruby maintain her disguise and offers his protection as well, but soon professional lines begin to blur as desire consumes them both.
Most Eligible Sheriff is a western, suspenseful romance. The action driven plot made this a v
Yazmin
InMost Eligible Sheriff by Cathy McDavid, Ruby McPhee is a Vegas casino manager. She has worked very hard to rise in her job and be where she is. Unfortunately, a man could not take no for an answer and became a very persistent stalker and almost ended up killing her. Now Ruby needs to lay low until they have to go to court, and the best way to hide is to take her twin sister’s place at the Gold Nugget Ranch in Sweetheart, Nevada while her sister goes on a trip to San Diego with her on and off ...more
Rhonda
4 Stars

I liked it. It had good relationships between characters, romance, action, heroism. Did have one love scene I skipped over.

The Plot Ruby is being stalked so she leaves town and hides as her twin Scarlett. While Scarlett leaves for a vacation to be with her boyfriend. Ruby deception is figured out the first morning by the Sheriff. He agrees to hide her and help protect her.
A little corny but fun plot.

Ruby's character makes sense to me. Plus I liked her. She does not want anyone hurt by pro
N. Kuhn
This was an ok romance. It was nothing that blew me away. It was cute, twin sisters switch places so to speak, so that Ruby can hide from a stalker. She meets the Sheriff, who of course is sort of single, and was somewhat dating her sister. He can immediately tell the difference between the otherwise identical twins. Hm. Either way, cute western, suspenseful romance, again, nothing spectacular. Though the story is supposed to be centralized around the stalker case, I feel that it took a back gro ...more
Maria
Got to read this book thanks to Netgalley.

Ruby is on the run from a stalker and finds herself in Sweetheart, Nevada, impersonating her twinsister. What her sister didn't mention was her relationship with the town's hot sheriff. The sheriff sees through her desguise, but there was certainly a spark there. Will they let their love grow or will the stalker get in the way.

A really sweet story. I enjoyed it. Both action and romance and a hot uniformed man, what can really go wrong? Not much.
Sharon Chance
I adored this story! Identical twin sisters, different as night and day, and one handsome sheriff - well, you know the story has got to be lively! This is the first book I've read of Cathy McDavid's, but I will be going back for more. Her writing style is fast-paced and with plenty of humor, and plenty of romance. And I loved, loved, loved the setting of Sweetheart, Nevada! If you enjoy contemporary romance with a western flair, then this book will suit you to a T.
Harlequin Books
"This final Sweetheart, Nevada, story is suspenseful, yet keeps the focus on the romance. An entertaining last visit to the Golden Nugget Ranch and with the folks living there". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: Sweetheart, Nevada
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Kim Johnston
Kim Johnston marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Nancy Luebke
Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Raymond Stone
Raymond Stone marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Sweetheart, Nevada (3 books)
  • The Rancher's Homecoming
  • His Christmas Sweetheart
Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3) Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy His Only Wife The Comeback Cowboy Waiting for Baby