Start by marking “Love” as Want to Read:

Love (Vows #1)

Was it her biker boots, her belligerent blue jeans...or her mean left hook? Jason Halloran never knew what hit him. But just as his perfectly predictable life seemed to be going nowhere, sassy, street- smart Dana Roberts began driving him up a wall!

Dana Roberts had been on her own since age sixteen, and she intended to keep it that way. The last thing she wanted was some s
Published January 15th 2014 by Mira Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love

Nice story. I read the others in this series several years ago and only now caught up with this one, late enough that I don't much recall what was in those other books. In this one, the hero and heroine meet when she marches up to him in a Boston pub and punches him in the face. She's mistaken him for a thief her troubled little brother has gotten involved with. Some romances don't have a whole lot of plot. This one has plot coming out the wazoo. Almost more than the book has room for. There's a ...more
Linda Walters
I liked the way the book started in the beginning. It was a sweet and surprising way to start the story.
And the way Jason and Dana first met? Hilarious! Her reaction to Jason was feisty and totally unexpected! Jason was bored with his life, not seeming to find anything to get excited about. Well, Dana turned that whole things around. Jason was described by others as someone who had a steady nature, rarely ever losing his temper. Dana changed that too! Her brother Sammy also added to what Jason p
Katy M
Aug 20, 2014 Katy M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absorbing, delightful, not trite.

Absorbing, delightful, not trite.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
I've found a new author to enjoy! Ms. Woods writes absorbing, lively, non-trite romance with fully fleshed characters and plots. The Vows series is wonderful in that the books don't all center around the very young, including all ages up to the 60's. Amazing, a romance author who realizes you don't lose that spark when you reach your 30's. Thank you!
Read, enjoy, prepare to be entertained. I can't
Dec 13, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Vow Series by Sherryl Woods. I love when authors bring out their backlist titles that they published before they were famous. I enjoyed spending time with the Halloran family and the poor guys, never knew what hit them! The series order is: Love, Honor, Cherish, Kate's Vow, A Daring Vow and A Vow to Love.
I normally really enjoy books written by Ms Woods, but this one didn't do much for me. It was a cute story that didn't click for me. I really felt like several important scenes where left out, especially regarding the evolution of Jason's feelings early on.
Oct 26, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story of love and never taking anything for granted. Jason and Dana's first meeting literally have fists flying. The animosity and chemistry just keeps getting more volatile until only the chemistry and .... love is left.
Joyce Frederick
Oct 18, 2015 Joyce Frederick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A page turner.

Very good book, Sherryl Woods writes such wonderful books. I so enjoy reading her stories and have a hard time putting her books down.
Joanne Behm
Apr 14, 2014 Joanne Behm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

First, Sherryl. makes certain you know each character in her stories. This is the 20th book of hers I have read and each one leaves you anxious to read another.

Feb 26, 2015 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good stury bit dated

A bit dated. VCR's no cell phones. I would have liked to have seen he original publishing date, not the reissue date.
Abby rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Jill rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Trysh F
Trysh F rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Becca Taylor
Becca Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Robert rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Danise rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Gail rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Barb Zeleznik
Barb Zeleznik rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Charan rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Shelley rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Michelle rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Boots rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Cindy rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Lisa rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Monica rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Synita rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Linda Yaap
Linda Yaap rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Charles A. Post
Charles A. Post rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Kelly rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Helen rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)
  • Christmas with Her Boss
  • Donovan's Child (Bravo Family, #30)
  • His Texas Forever Family (Peach Leaf, Texas #1)
  • The Secret Wife (Triple Trouble #2)
  • Recipe for Romance
  • The Maverick's Summer Love
  • Her Accidental Engagement
  • The One He's Been Looking For
  • What Happens Between Friends
  • Only the Brave Try Ballet
  • The Plus-One Agreement
  • Christmas Love
  • The Long Shot (The Fallon Brothers, #1)
  • Why Resist a Rebel?
  • Sequins and Spurs
  • Securing the Greek's Legacy
  • Security Breach (Capitol K-9 Unit #4)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

Vows (6 books)