Start by marking “Alien Horizons: The Fantastic Art of Bob Eggleton” as Want to Read:
Alien Horizons: The Fantastic Art of Bob Eggleton

Alien Horizons: The Fantastic Art of Bob Eggleton

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Publishers Weekly.
Published January 1st 1996 by Paper Tiger (UK) (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Alien Horizons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Horizons

Jared Millet
Eggleton isn't my all-time favorite SF artist (that would be Michael Whelan) but he's certainly in the top tier. This book gives a wide overview of the best of Eggleton's work, with details on each painting, Eggleton's thoughts on art in general, and light snippets of biography. The sections are broken down into the general areas that the artist is know for - dragons, astronomy, aliens, spaceships, and horror with lots and lots of skulls - and each is equally engaging. (Though I admit to skimmin ...more
Andrew
Yes yet another paper tiger artwork book - I would love to say that I read books because of the author or the content or the title - but never the cover -NOPE sorry of those reasons I do read books but I also look at the covers. For those of you who know what I mean can no doubt remember books more clearly because of their distinctive cover styles - for example the UK publication of the Necroscope series - well you cannot miss it.
But what is the significance of this book - a book of basically c
Meg
This book is fantastic! There were several pictures with art from awesome covers of books I've read and I really enjoyed reading about the creative process of the artist and what was the idea behind these covers. Over all I would recommend this book to anyone who like looking at good old space-alien-dinosaur art :)
Dark-Draco
I've owned this book for ages, but this is the first time I have read it cover from cover, instead of just looking at the pictures. To be honest, with this sort of book, you don't have to worry about the text - it's interesting, but not mind-blowing. But the pictures are. I love the variety that is shown here, only slightly spoilt by a lot of the pictures going across the spine and ending up with a crease up the middle. A lovely reference book though.
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Jason
Jason added it
Dec 01, 2014
Jiri Wichern
Jiri Wichern marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Hadzhitodorovi
Hadzhitodorovi marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Luz Grobly
Luz Grobly marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Walter
Walter marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Bokeshi
Bokeshi marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Adrian
Adrian added it
Jul 01, 2013
Hestia
Hestia added it
Mar 24, 2013
Bob Eggleton is a science fiction, fantasy, and horror artist. Eggleton has been honored with the Hugo Award for Best Professional Artist eight times, first winning in 1994. He has also won the Chesley Award for Artistic Achievement in 1999 and was the guest of honor at Chicon 2000.

Eggleton's drawing and paintings cover a wide range of science fiction, fantasy, and horror topics, depicting space s
More about Bob Eggleton...
Dragonhenge (Dragonhenge, #1) Book of Sea Monsters The Stardragons: Extracts From The Memory Files (Dragonhenge, #2) Greetings From Earth: The Art of Bob Eggleton Dragons' Domain: The Ultimate Dragon Painting Workshop