Start by marking “Serpent In Paradise” as Want to Read:
Serpent In Paradise

Serpent In Paradise

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  310 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Had she listened to a lover's lies? Amy Shannon met Jase Lassiter at a seedy bar called The Serpent, and she should have heeded the warning in the name. This corner of paradise was beautiful . . . but deadly.
Published by Harlequin Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Serpent In Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serpent In Paradise

Jessica
I'm positive I've read this before, but the only things that seemed familiar are scenes that I'm pretty sure got reworked in other books (A Coral Kiss, in particular) -- I didn't even remember the (view spoiler) and that's not a common JAK trope!

The beginning was pretty horrible and there were some uncomfortable domestic abuse jokes (common at the time, but shudder). Otherwise, a pretty fun old school JAK.
Lesley Book lover
An older book from Jayne Ann Krentz, but I saw it in the library, and really enjoyed it.
Willow Brook
Originally published in 1983, this is the first Krentz I ever read. It is dated, with some very cheesy dialogue, and silly relationship conflicts (I forgot the h was so down on all men because her dad abandoned her family when she was young). Still, if you like Krentz and enjoy old school, politically ancient romances, this still a fast, fun read.
You can tell this is one of the author's earlier works. The characters don't seem to be fully developed, and make odd decisions. The plot-line is never completely explained either. However, the romance factor is great, as it almost always is in her books. Worth reading, but I'd pick one of her newer books first if you've never read anything by her.
MK (Food actvist)
(late review) I like Jayne Ann Krentz because she knows how to build up the characters right from the start. I loved how to could envision the bar, the owner, the sort of skittish tourist. She described everything so that you wanted to read more and the more you read the more you were intrigued. Another grade A plus read.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Even after all these years, I still have fond memories of this story. For some reason, Ms. Krentz just did it for me. Her books aren't erotic, they are sweet and romantic. This one, the man is frustrating as always. I want to beat him. The female character is sassy. Enjoyable.
Farah
A classic Stephanie James book , Jase is controlling , arrogant and demanding. Amy's all no no no yes yes yes with big fat TSTL moments and still it was fun to read , I'm starting to think I have an inner 80's woman hiding somewhere
Maria
Published in 1983, this book is surprisingly good for such an early Jayne Ann Krentz. It has the plot, dialogue, and character description of her later books, but perhaps not the humor and complexity. Definitely a good read, however.
Cam
Have to admit, the relationship between the two characters was ridiculously fast moving and I only read half the book cause I just couldn't invest in the romance or the plot, which even at halfway I still didn't know where it was going.
Filipa
É um livro leve, para se ler numa tarde de verão.
Lê-se bem, tem uma escrita fluída.
Uma história vulgar, mas com um bom final. E boas personagens. Podiam ter sido melhor exploradas, no entanto.
E_bookpushers
Again Old School fun times. Heroine thrives on TSTL moments. Guy is overbearing protective and determined. Enjoyed reading it :).
Sharon Sherman
A good read as always from Krentz
Hayati
It was boring book, ever!
Theresa Currie
Theresa Currie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Mem
Mem marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Bonita
Bonita added it
Aug 18, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Tazzykatt
Tazzykatt marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
  • A Man's Protection (Candlelight Ecstasy, #36)
  • Man with a Past
Jayne Ann Castle was born in Borrego Springs, California. Her mother, Alberta Castle, raised her with her two brothers, Stephen and James. In 1970, she obtained a B.A in History at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and later she obtained a Masters degree in Library Science from San Jose State University, where she met Frank Krentz, an engineer. After her graduation, they married and moved ...more
More about Stephanie James...
Fabulous Beast Raven's Prey Gambler's Woman The Devil To Pay Nightwalker