Start by marking “Won't Let Go” as Want to Read:
Won't Let Go

Won't Let Go

Seventeen-year-old Alexia Stone never wanted to move cross country. And she certainly never wanted to share her new bedroom with an amnesiac ghost boy desperate for her help. But after setting aside the assumption she's gone crazy, Alexia engages in the impossible-she agrees to help the ghost discover who he was and what happened to him. Convinced this mystery is what's ...more
Published December 16th 2013 by Crescent Moon Press (first published December 1st 2013)

Tiffany
Feb 16, 2014 Tiffany rated it liked it
Full Blog Post @ Book-Marks the Spot

What happens when you find the one that makes you happy and know you can never be with them?

Ok so I just finished Won’t Let Go and I’m crying my eyes out. The endings of books are always the worst/best. And I swear there is going to be another one…..or am I the only one that got that vibe, if so I’m going to cry some more. Anyways now onto the actual story.

When I first started reading the book it was a little slow, but that was because Alexia and her family ju
Sabrina Olteanu
Feb 10, 2014 Sabrina Olteanu rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. Thank you Itching for Books and Avery Olive for the opportunity!

This was a fresh read for me, something new and exciting. It's a ghost story, but it has romance and action. It's written perfectly. I connected with the main character, Alexia instantly. The writer did her justice and made her act like a real teenager. I had a problem lately, all the books I've read with teenager they weren't like they're age, they always made me feel like they
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
MORE REVIEWS AT MY BLOG

Just writing my review makes me smile and cry at the same time. I know i know, it’s crazy. There’s just too much feels in this one. Too much.

4.5!!

This is my first ghost story. My love for the movie ‘Just like Heaven’ made this book interesting to me. But wow!! This book surprised me and I loved it more that I thought I would.

This is very well written with twists and turns and interesting plot. I love how connected I am to Alexia. She’s a very likeable character. While Oakl
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!

This Review is also posted on my BLOG

Just writing my review makes me smile and cry at the same time. I know i know, it's crazy. There's just too much feels in this one. Too much.

This is my first ghost story. My love for the movie 'Just like Heaven' made this book look interesting to me. But wow!! This book surprised me and I loved it more that I thought I would. This is very well written with enough twists and turns and interesting plot. I love how connected I am to Alexia. She's a very likeable
Michelle
Feb 11, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on Michelle Abbott's Blog

4 stars

Alexia is not happy about moving to a new home and leaving her friends behind. When she enters her bedroom for the first time, she's stunned to find a handsome ghost standing in the middle of her room. Alexia doesn't believe in ghosts but is forced to change her mind when the ghost keeps on re-appearing. The ghost has amnesia and has no idea who he is or why he's there. Alexia helps him uncover the mystery and in the process they fall for
Ailyn
Feb 15, 2014 Ailyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, frienship
When Alexia Stone found a ghost/ spirit in her bedroom, she figured she might send him/it on his way. The only way to do it without sounding crazy is to help him/it find out the unfinished business.
What Alexia was not counting on, is having feelings for an entity.

The story is easy, short. The theme is common, yet people have unlimited ways to telling it. Alexia's story is unique on its own, I appreciate that.

As Alexia tries to solve the mystery, she stumbles into something more dangerous than f
Dawn
Feb 12, 2014 Dawn rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

Won’t Let Go grabbed my interest from the beginning, especially since I could relate to Alexia. My family moved when I was in high school and I remember how difficult that was. In fact, as I read, I thought I wish I’d handled it as well as she did.

Avery Olive is good at writing about Alexia’s feelings. Alexia, understandably, falls quickly for her ghostboy who is pretty much perfect for a teenage boy.

I really liked most of Won’t Let Go. Wh
Maliha
Jul 26, 2014 Maliha rated it liked it
So, one minute the girl hates the guy and the next she's in love with him and bent on helping him? Obviously she doesn't have anything better to do.

This book is very similar to Just Like Heaven, except the ending is different. Very different. And not as happy. Or at least, not that we know of. I mean, the book's ending is meh but the girl's story might end better.

Too many loose ends. I'm going to try A Stiff Kiss and I hope it's better. Lots better.
Booker Like a Hooker
Feb 13, 2014 Booker Like a Hooker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I'm posting this review so late I know.. I was have to posted so earlier but I haven't found a word for review.. I still haven't. I kind of like the story. I like Alexia. She's scared first but helped a lot anyway. I couldn't understand her parents. They are just.. you know carefree?

Seeing a handsome ghost is different. Alexia needs a escape and The boy want help so like puzzle they fit each other I think. I still confused about the book but a voice inside me tells 4 Star.
Alyssa
Jan 03, 2015 Alyssa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Won't Let Go reminded me like a more mature Casper. Except the more she learns about "Oakley" the more she starts to realize that all though he may be a friendly ghost, he might not have been that friendly of a person while he was alive. A cute little paranormal romance. Easy read and enjoyable but doesn't stand out.
Erin Forbes
Feb 05, 2014 Erin Forbes rated it really liked it
Avery Olive kept me engaged from start to finish with Won't Let Go. This book is really well written and is full of romance, mystery, heroism, and heartbreaking sadness. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to read a refreshing paranormal romance.
Janna
May 03, 2014 Janna rated it really liked it
Someone hold me, I'm not okay.
Suzy Vadori
Sep 28, 2014 Suzy Vadori rated it it was amazing
I was a huge fan of A Stiff Kiss, so I was excited to pick up Won't Let Goat a conference both Avery and I attended this summer.

Avery's Young Adult voice and past paced action didn't disappoint, leading the reader on a tragic romantic path - that through humor - makes it seem less tragic.

For those who think they've read it all in paranormal romance - don't pass this one over. Olive writes about ghosts and the afterlife in a fresh, relevant way that will make you forget all about vampires! Her
Kelsey
Oct 15, 2014 Kelsey rated it it was ok
Shelves: ghost
When I started reading this book, I thought it was promising, even if it needed a little extra polish. Through the beginning of the book, my rating was firmly planted at 2.5 stars, then towards the middle it bumped up to 3 stars. Unfortunately the ending left me feeling that this book only deserved 2 stars.

That ending irked me, and I felt like I wish I didn't spend the several hours reading this book. It also required more editing, and some of the sentence structure was lacking. Misused phrases
Harlina
Harlina rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Suad Eromiina
Suad Eromiina rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Kourtney Wilkinson
Kourtney Wilkinson rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2016
Eliza Bernardini
Eliza Bernardini rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Ana
Ana rated it did not like it
Aug 31, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2014
Sally Maloney
Sally Maloney rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Kathy Knull
Kathy Knull rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Megen
Megen rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2016
Raluca Ilie
Raluca Ilie rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Gwenyth Bornales
Gwenyth Bornales rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Melina
Melina rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Maui0618
Maui0618 rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Raluca Airamana
Raluca Airamana rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2014
  • Possess (Mary Hades #2)
  • Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Saga, #2)
  • Memories of Murder
  • Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
  • The Edge of Hope (Bad Blood, #1)
  • Dark Salvation (Immortalis, #5)
  • It Never Rains in Colombia
  • Whisper (Lakeview, #2)
  • The Royal Flush (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #3)
  • Sight and Sinners (Men of London, #2)
  • Hideous
  • The Word Ghost
  • Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • Understudy
  • Chasing Bristol (The Finding Trilogy #2)
  • Submerging Inferno (Men of Myth, #1)
  • Mindtouch (The Dreamhealers, #1)
Avery Olive doesn't kiss and tell. Except when it comes to writing about hot supernatural guys. She lives with her husband and son in Red Deer, Alberta, where she spends way too much time reading, writing and avoiding house work.

She's the author of A Stiff Kiss, a young adult novel with a morbid twist on a classic fairytale, in reverse, and Won't Let Go, involving an amnesic ghostboy who just won
More about Avery Olive...