Start by marking “The Wilde Side (Wilde Series, 2)” as Want to Read:
The Wilde Side (Wilde Series, 2)

The Wilde Side (Wilde Series #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  680 ratings  ·  22 reviews
SHE’S TIRED OF BEING GOOD…

Dollar signs. That’s what most men see when they look at luxury hotel heiress Ashley St. Claire. The last thing the stunning good girl wants for her 30th birthday is another boring set-up with a stuffed shirt interested more in analyzing her portfolio than in making her crazy with desire. The time has come for Ashley to have a scorching fling befo
Hardcover, First, 297 pages
Published January 1st 2004 by brava

To ask other readers questions about The Wilde Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wilde Side

Sarah Eiseman
I’m so glad that I found this author because she is fabulous! This story had a little romance and a lot of laughs.

We meet the sexy Scott Wilde when Ashley St. Claire, the prototypical good girl, decides to give herself a birthday present of a one night stand at a dive bar on the other side of town. Scott, normally happy to be a boy toy, instantly is attracted to Ashely in a way he hasn’t ever been attracted to a woman before.

One of the things I really liked about this book was that it talked a
Melanie♥
This book got off to such a good start and then stalled out completely.
I had read a couple of the other titles in the series, but not all.
This was like a big drawn out reunion for characters from past books, with not nearly enough time spent on developing the H/h for this entry.
Mid-way through it lost me completely and was almost a dnf. Too bad, it had potential.
Kimberly
Jun 14, 2012 Kimberly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of the Wilde Series
I would have to agree with many of the previous reviews, this was the most boring story of the Wilde Series. I thought the book was too long and would have worked better as a short story or even novella. The two main characters are Scott Wilde and Ashley St. Claire.
By page 3, I realized Ashley was the woman who helped Matthew pick out items for Faith in the third installment of this series, "All She Wants For Christmas." I was pleasantly surprised that she was the female lead in this book.
I th
I liked both of the main characters and the chemistry/sex was good.
Did not like the insta-love on either of their parts, though the guy's side was much more ridiculous. Insta-lust, sure no problem.

(view spoiler)
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Well, I was surprised that I liked this! It was great!

Although to warn the weak at heart, this book was so full of sex, I'm surprised it had room for the story! AND it was a perfect read!

It is ironic that I hate books with so much added fluff and so many characters, because it gets distracting from the real story. This one however had so much information & background, followed by the reason this character showed up making the fit perfect. So all in all, the pop in and pop out of all of thes
Writerlibrarian
Not the best of the series. The heroine was shallow and didn't have any layers. She was this paper thin caricature of a female lead. Denison has written better and much more interesting heroine in earlier books. The male lead was okay and more developed in comparison but not by much.

Denison is closing up the original Wilde family stories: Steve and Liz from The Wilde Thing are having a baby; Eric and Jill are also having a baby there is a bet going on as who will be a father first; Adrian and Ch
Julie
Having read a previous 'Wilde' short story, I had an idea what to expect from this book and it didn't disappoint. Not a book to read if you are looking for high literature, but if you want a fun, frothy (and steamy!) read that passes a few hours, this fits the bill.

Have others from this series on my bookshelf and am looking forward to reading them.
Deb
LOVED, LOVED THIS STORY!! ENJOYING THIS SERIES SO MUCH!! SIZZLING ROMANCES AND GREAT TO KEEP UP WITH OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS!
Cat
I really liked The Wilde Side , it's filled with drama, romance, self-growth and lots of other stuff. I found The Wilde Side to be the kind of book that just lures you in and you can't stop reading until the book is done. I hope to read Wilde Thing , the prequel to this book as well as the other books in this Wilde series, I also hope it's just as good as this one was. ...more
Cynthia
A quick light read that delivered exactly what I expected. A contemporary romance where two people have to work through their own insecurities to be able to discover love. Not my usual fare, but I enjoyed it.

This is my first read by Janelle Denison which I happened to pick up at the library book sale. I think I'll look into more of the series.
Sue Parker
Well I couldn't put this one down. Ashley has been hurt before and she just wants a no strings attached fling. But she meets Scott and she is afraid that if he knew she was an heiress that he would be like the other guys she has meet and will try to scandalize her and her family. They learn to trust and love each other.
Katie
So I had only read a little story of her's in one of those anthology books. I liked the way she wrote so I saw this book and grabbed it. I loved this book! This lady knows how to write! Recommend...off to find some more books by Janelle!
Tammie
3 Stars contemporary romance

Good one, but Scott is no Steve (from Wilde Thing).
ElaineY
Very readable. A straight, fast-paced romance uncluttered by suspense that's just thrown in gratuitously. I enjoyed this and am now reading Wilde for Him and absolutely loving it!
Cindy
Contemporary - light read although the heroine is occasionally tedious.
Kevin Connery
More stereotyped characters, but well written otherwise.
Ladyacct
Good book from start to finish.
Denise
Another winner......
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Diane
Diane added it
Aug 30, 2015
Natalia Kołodziejczyk
Natalia Kołodziejczyk marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Sandy Nixon
Sandy Nixon marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2015
Is sedondary story a continuation? 2 9 Oct 23, 2013 12:13PM
  • Bad Boys To Go
  • And Able
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • The Red Diary
  • Strong and Sexy (Sky High Air, #2)
  • Return To Me
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #1)
It’s hard for me to imagine that I’ve been writing romances for over twenty years now! I started at the young age of 21, just after I got married. Reading romances, and then writing them, came about as a result of having too much time on my hands. When I first married my husband Don, I was working a regular nine to five job and he worked swing shift, from four in the afternoon until midnight. It w ...more
More about Janelle Denison...

Wilde Series (5 books)
  • Wilde Thing (Wilde Series, #1)
  • Too Wilde to Tame (Wilde Series, #3)
  • Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)
  • Wild for Him (Wilde Series, #5)
Too Wilde to Tame (Wilde Series, #3) Men at Work Wilde Thing (Wilde Series, #1) Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4) Wild for Him (Wilde Series, #5)