The Wilde Side (Wilde Series, 2)

The Wilde Side (Wilde Series #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  569 ratings  ·  20 reviews
SHE’S TIRED OF BEING GOOD…

Dollar signs. That’s what most men see when they look at luxury hotel heiress Ashley St. Claire. The last thing the stunning good girl wants for her 30th birthday is another boring set-up with a stuffed shirt interested more in analyzing her portfolio than in making her crazy with desire. The time has come for Ashley to have a scorching fling befo...more
Hardcover, First, 297 pages
Published January 1st 2004 by brava

To ask other readers questions about The Wilde Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wilde Side

Sarah Eiseman
I’m so glad that I found this author because she is fabulous! This story had a little romance and a lot of laughs.

We meet the sexy Scott Wilde when Ashley St. Claire, the prototypical good girl, decides to give herself a birthday present of a one night stand at a dive bar on the other side of town. Scott, normally happy to be a boy toy, instantly is attracted to Ashely in a way he hasn’t ever been attracted to a woman before.

One of the things I really liked about this book was that it talked a...more
Melanie♥
This book got off to such a good start and then stalled out completely.
I had read a couple of the other titles in the series, but not all.
This was like a big drawn out reunion for characters from past books, with not nearly enough time spent on developing the H/h for this entry.
Mid-way through it lost me completely and was almost a dnf. Too bad, it had potential.
Wendy
Jun 14, 2012 Wendy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of the Wilde Series
I would have to agree with many of the previous reviews, this was the most boring story of the Wilde Series. I thought the book was too long and would have worked better as a short story or even novella. The two main characters are Scott Wilde and Ashley St. Claire.
By page 3, I realized Ashley was the woman who helped Matthew pick out items for Faith in the third installment of this series, "All She Wants For Christmas." I was pleasantly surprised that she was the female lead in this book.
I th...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Well, I was surprised that I liked this! It was great!

Although to warn the weak at heart, this book was so full of sex, I'm surprised it had room for the story! AND it was a perfect read!

It is ironic that I hate books with so much added fluff and so many characters, because it gets distracting from the real story. This one however had so much information & background, followed by the reason this character showed up making the fit perfect. So all in all, the pop in and pop out of all of thes...more
Writerlibrarian
Not the best of the series. The heroine was shallow and didn't have any layers. She was this paper thin caricature of a female lead. Denison has written better and much more interesting heroine in earlier books. The male lead was okay and more developed in comparison but not by much.

Denison is closing up the original Wilde family stories: Steve and Liz from The Wilde Thing are having a baby; Eric and Jill are also having a baby there is a bet going on as who will be a father first; Adrian and Ch...more
Deb
LOVED, LOVED THIS STORY!! ENJOYING THIS SERIES SO MUCH!! SIZZLING ROMANCES AND GREAT TO KEEP UP WITH OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS!
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
A quick light read that delivered exactly what I expected. A contemporary romance where two people have to work through their own insecurities to be able to discover love. Not my usual fare, but I enjoyed it.

This is my first read by Janelle Denison which I happened to pick up at the library book sale. I think I'll look into more of the series.
Sue Parker
Well I couldn't put this one down. Ashley has been hurt before and she just wants a no strings attached fling. But she meets Scott and she is afraid that if he knew she was an heiress that he would be like the other guys she has meet and will try to scandalize her and her family. They learn to trust and love each other.
Katie
So I had only read a little story of her's in one of those anthology books. I liked the way she wrote so I saw this book and grabbed it. I loved this book! This lady knows how to write! Recommend...off to find some more books by Janelle!
Tammie
3 Stars ♥ contemporary romance

Good one, but Scott is no Steve (from Wilde Thing).
Mer
I was a bit disappointed with this after reading Wilde Thing. Ashley was booooring, and Steve was a bit dull as well..... Hope Mia's story is as fun as Scott & Liz's.......

ElaineY
Very readable. A straight, fast-paced romance uncluttered by suspense that's just thrown in gratuitously. I enjoyed this and am now reading Wilde for Him and absolutely loving it!
Cindy
Contemporary - light read although the heroine is occasionally tedious.
Kevin Connery
More stereotyped characters, but well written otherwise.
Ladyacct
Good book from start to finish.
Denise
Another winner......
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Thess
Thess marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Monthz Jay
Monthz Jay marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Tovah Levine
Tovah Levine marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia added it
Aug 08, 2014
Is sedondary story a continuation? 2 9 Oct 23, 2013 12:13PM
  • Bad Boys To Go
  • And Able
  • Luke (Armed and Dangerous, #2)
  • Return To Me
  • Superb and Sexy (Sky High Air, #3)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1)
  • The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty (Unholy Trinity #2)
  • Deep Breath (Smithson Group SG-5, #7)
  • Stroke of Midnight
It’s hard for me to imagine that I’ve been writing romances for over twenty years now! I started at the young age of 21, just after I got married. Reading romances, and then writing them, came about as a result of having too much time on my hands. When I first married my husband Don, I was working a regular nine to five job and he worked swing shift, from four in the afternoon until midnight. It w...more
More about Janelle Denison...
Men at Work Wilde Thing (Wilde Series, #1) Too Wilde to Tame (Wilde Series, #3) Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4) Wild for Him (Wilde Series, #5)