Start by marking “Too Many Secrets (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Too Many Secrets (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #1)

Too Many Secrets (Jennie McGrady Mysteries #1)

Book 1 in the Jennie McGrady Mystery series. Jennie's summer seems perfect until her grandmother disappears with a million dollars in stolen diamonds. Thrilling intrigue for young adult readers.
Published August 1st 1993 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Too Many Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Many Secrets

Kathryn
Sep 22, 2014 Kathryn rated it liked it
Sept 2014 re-read, revised audiobook.
Loved this series when I read it 10 years ago. Holds up well.
Janelle
Aug 20, 2016 Janelle rated it liked it
I haven't read any of these in ages, but I remember LOVING them in jr. high and high school
Carol
Jan 31, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing
Jennie is trying to complete her schoolwork so she can spend her summer vacation with Gram. Aunt Kate arrived & asked about Gram. She hung her coat on Jennie's arms...did she look like a coat rack? Jennie's mom was finishing the cake for Jennie's little brother, Nick's, birthday celebration that night...she hadn't seen Gram either. Gram was late getting back & no one had heard from her, Kate was worried. Mom felt that the McGrady side of the family was eccentric. Kate liked artistic ...more
Kiersten
This whole series - packed with old-fashioned phrases and several noticeable slips in grammar - is so melodramatic it's almost laughable. And the stories become rather repetitive after a while (poor Jennie gets betrayed and subsequently held at gunpoint at least a dozen times), and they all wind up sounding pretty much the same. But i wouldn't say these books are terrible. They're actually not too bad if you try not to take them too seriously, and I do reread them from time to time.
Emily Shore
Aug 11, 2012 Emily Shore rated it really liked it
The first of 15 of the Jennie McGrady series which kept me company on long, lonely nights in high school. Nancy Drew on steroids (more involved) and with a deeper message. Perfect recommendation for any high school kids or even pre-teens. Jennie, an amateur sleuth, enjoys solving mysteries which spark to life all around her. And let's not forget the ongoing debate of whether her dad, missing in action for years, is really dead or alive!
Nattie
Jun 25, 2013 Nattie rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book, but found some of it annoying. The way the mother insisted on trying to push her new boyfriend on Jennie was just, ugh! Heck, the mother had only known the guy two months herself.
I also found Jennie's relationship with Ryan to be annoying.
Douglas Wyndham
Sep 05, 2016 Douglas Wyndham rated it liked it
An interesting case of diamond theft and granny-knapping.
Amanda
May 02, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: fun-reads
This story was about a teenage girl that has to deal with a possibly dead father, her mom's new boyfriend, and a missing Grandma. She makes some mistakes and takes some chances. The characters seem real and the story was easy to follow. I think I will pick up the next book in the series.
Hannah
Feb 03, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
I read these ages ago and really liked them. Whether or not that means they were well written, I have no idea.
Nicole
Jan 23, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Read this when I was maybe 10-12 years old and remember loving it. I would recommend this for anyone around that age who loves mystery and suspense.
Shantell
Shantell rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Jenny
May 12, 2015 Jenny rated it liked it
22/25
Katharine R Heinz
Katharine R Heinz rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
May 15, 2012
Mikka
Mikka rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Olive Breece
Olive Breece rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Crystal Starr Light
Crystal Starr Light rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2012
Alayna
Alayna rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Maica
Maica rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
May 08, 2015
Kristine
Kristine rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2011
Lise
Lise rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Amanda J
Read this book as a teenager. It's part of a christian mystery series.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2008
Jessica Moore
Jessica Moore rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2013
Shelby
Shelby rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2010
Jessica G.
Jessica G. rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
  • Grandmother Elsie (The Original Elsie Classics #8)
  • Pieces of Light
  • The Deadly Curse of Toco-Rey (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #6)
  • Reuben
  • From the Secret Place in My Heart
  • Dating Mr. Darcy
  • Vinegar Boy: Encounter Christ Through the Dramatic Story of Vinegar Boy
Patricia H. Rushford, a long time author and speaker, has extensive experience in writing and has authored fifty books, both fiction and non-fiction with sales of over a million copies. In addition to having a nursing degree and masters in counseling, she is also an artist and quilter.

The Jennie McGrady Mysteries for young adults have sold well over 500,000 copies. Silent Witness won the Silver An
More about Patricia H. Rushford...

Jennie McGrady Mysteries (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Silent Witness (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #2)
  • Pursued (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #3)
  • Deceived (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #4)
  • Without a Trace (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #5)
  • Dying to Win (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #6)
  • Betrayed (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #7)
  • In Too Deep (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #8)
  • Over the Edge (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #9)
  • From the Ashes (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #10)
  • Desperate Measures (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #11)