Start by marking “The Wizard of Ooze (Ravenspell, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wizard of Ooze (Ravenspell, #2)

The Wizard of Ooze (Ravenspell #2)

When the evil wormlord Sebaceous Ooze uses his magical song to enslave mice to dig a volcano that will help him and his slobber goblin armies take over the world, it's up to Amber, a mouse with magical powers, to stop him. With her devoted friends by her sideBen, a mouse who used to be a human boy; Thorn, a genius mouse; and Bushmaster, the wise voleAmber might stand a cha

Hardback, 288 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about The Wizard of Ooze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wizard of Ooze

Audrey Hammer
Book 2 of Ravenspell

Who knew worms could be so creepy and devious? Sebaceous Ooze, a somewhat mentally unstable worm, and his sidekick, Fluke Gutcrawler, are going to take over/destroy the world. It's up to Amber and Ben and their friends to stop the evil worms. This time the humans notice some of the mice's curious antics, which ultimately leads to the humans thinking there's an alien invasion. It's a great kids' adventure with humor adults will enjoy, even if it will go over kids' heads.
Donette  Robertson
Loved it!

Things book drew me in. just, captured mpeg, imagination. its haha designated 5 star.
I ecommend it to readers of all ages.
Sean
Oct 27, 2014 Sean rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ravenspell
I loved The wizard of Ooze
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679821480865132823066470938446095505822317253594081284811174502841027019385211055596446229489549303819644288109756659334461284756482337867831652712019091456485669234603486104543266482133936072602491412737245870066063155881748815209209628292540917153643678925903600113305305488204665213841469519415116094330572703657595919530921861173819326117931051185480744623799627495673518
Jared
May 06, 2011 Jared rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, 2008
Ravenspell by David Farland is a series about a kid named Benjamin Ravenspell who magically gets turned into a mouse. Two books are currently published, "Of Mice and Magic" and "The Wizard of Ooze". Both were read by David Walker who did an amazing job with the voices and the singing (yes there is singing in the audio version).

I was impressed by "Of Mice and Magic" where Amber turns Ben into a mouse together they save the world from an evil bat who may or may not be Edgar Allen Poe. The adventur
Chris Pacheco
May 09, 2013 Chris Pacheco rated it really liked it
from my old account that i cant log into

Farland you've done it again!

I recently ordered, a rough sum of 200$ in, used books from abebooks and have a wang-load to read. i figure
im gonna read all of these books in the series ive bought, save the finale novels. while halfway through the Wayfarer Redemption (Douglass, Sara), i just couldnt keep myself from getting down on the second Ravenspell series. so..........

TWOO gets Daddy's seal of approval. and ima tell you why.

#1.) Humor, holy chiz this bo
Maddie.Spendlove
Mar 16, 2009 Maddie.Spendlove rated it liked it
Cheryl Landmark
Oct 22, 2013 Cheryl Landmark rated it really liked it
This is a cute, fun series, and I really enjoyed reading about Amber's and Ben's adventures once more. The life of a mouse is definitely not an easy one, where even a flea or a worm can assume the terrifying aspects of a cruel, evil monster. :)

Kids of all ages should enjoy this book even though there are some scenes which might be a bit scary for the younger ones. But, overall, there is a lot of humour, adventure and magic, which makes for fast-paced fun and entertainment with a few moral lesson
Mark Dewey
Feb 16, 2010 Mark Dewey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, juvenile, audio
This book was certainly interesting. It picks up right where the previous book left off. It's more fantastical than the last book and less realistic (not that the other one was realistic); some pretty weird stuff happens. It does have some humorous moments. It parodies some popular movies/books in parts (e.g. Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings); that's a change from the last book.
Athena
Jan 09, 2009 Athena rated it did not like it
What a weird book. Seldom have I read a book more entirely pointless and strange. It was so pointless that I had to laugh, especially when we get bits like the one in which is proclaimed, "Fluke, I am your father!" Which, quite obviously, elicits a cry of "NOOOOOO!" If it had a point, then I completely missed, it, and if it didn't have a point. . . well, I wouldn't be surprised.
Jaime Buckley
May 30, 2011 Jaime Buckley rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. It's so much fun to read to my children and watch how involved they get in the story! The fact that the main female character adores the transformed little boy (the handsomest mouse ever) make the kids laugh out loud.

If you want something to truly entertain, get your hands on this series. It's brilliant and fun for the whole family.
Kara Staley
Mar 15, 2009 Kara Staley rated it really liked it
This is the second book to Of mice and magic. It still has magic and dangerous and scary underground creatures trying to kill them and still their magic. this is when Ben discovers his full potential of using his magic with the help of his mouse friend Amber who also secretly loves Ben.
Lauren
Jul 06, 2008 Lauren rated it liked it
This is a good second book. I actually cried because it is hard not to cry at mom stuff when you are a mom. They aren't my favorite books, but they are enjoyable and well written. I would guess this author likes science, which I do too, so maybe that is part of why I like them.
Susan
Sep 30, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is the second book in the series and just as good as the first. I didn't like that Amber wanted to take over the world, but I was glad she matured and could see she was wrong by the end of the book. These are cute books, and very suspenseful and scary.
Jessica
Mar 13, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
It has the funniest names in the book- Fluke Gutcrawler. I reccomend this book to everyone who has a good sence of humour!
Julia
Feb 13, 2009 Julia rated it it was amazing
Very sweet story with a moral.
Patsy
Jun 09, 2015 Patsy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, second in the Ravenspell series, by David Farland. I will recommend it to my grandchildren, and hope they enjoy it, too.
Valerie
Apr 20, 2010 Valerie rated it really liked it
This one wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first one. Kids should enjoy it though!
Allisa
Feb 17, 2010 Allisa rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the last book! Keeps you on the edge of your seat!
Janet
Dec 28, 2009 Janet rated it really liked it
Another very funny and good book
Luann
Feb 19, 2008 Luann rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
I enjoyed the first book of this series, Of Mice and Magic, a lot. I thought this sequel just got too weird. I didn't like the worms at all, and had to force myself to finish the book.
Isaac
May 24, 2012 Isaac added it
very good. so good that i am going to read this again
Karijean31
Aug 21, 2013 Karijean31 rated it liked it
definitely a book for a boy....
K Ross
Mar 17, 2009 K Ross marked it as to-read
my sister fond this book in her brother's room and she said she can't put it down! so i wanna read it if it's interesting to me!
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Marianne Maughan
Marianne Maughan rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Lacey
Lacey rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2010
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2008
Mariah Roskelley
Mariah Roskelley rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2008
Marcy
Marcy rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2016
  • The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2)
  • Bunnicula In-a-Box (Bunnicula, #1-3)
  • Archer's Quest
  • The Marvelous Misadventures of Sebastian
  • Belling The Tiger
  • The House of Arden (Fabian Time Fantasies, #1)
  • The Mouse of Amherst: A Tale of Young Readers
  • Rhubarb
  • Soun Tetoken: Nez Perce Boy Tames a Stallion (Amazing Indian Children)
  • Widow's Revenge (Wesley Mackey, #2)
  • The Tales of Tanglewood: The Lon Dubh Whistle
  • Glint
  • Butterwings
  • The Wainscott Weasel
  • Dear Children of the Earth
  • Magic Tree House: #1-8 [Collection]
  • Rescue Ferrets at Sea (The Ferret Chronicles, #2)
  • How to Draw and Paint Fairies: From Finding Inspiration to Capturing Diaphanous Detail, a Step-By-Step Guide to Fairy Art
David Farland is the author of the bestselling Runelords series, including Chaosbound, The Wyrmling Horde and Worldbinder. He also writes science-fiction as David Wolverton. He won the 1987 Writers of the Future contest, and has been nominated for a Nebula Award and a Hugo Award. Farland also works as a video game designer, and has taught writing seminars around the U.S. and Canada. He lives in Sa ...more
More about David Farland...

Ravenspell (3 books)
  • Of Mice and Magic (Ravenspell, #1)
  • Freaky Flyday (Ravenspell, #3)

“There is no such thing as an evil genius, as evil in it's self is stupidity.” 24 likes