Start by marking “The Wizard of Ooze (Ravenspell, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wizard of Ooze (Ravenspell, #2)

The Wizard of Ooze (Ravenspell #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  21 reviews

When the evil wormlord Sebaceous Ooze uses his magical song to enslave mice to dig a volcano that will help him and his slobber goblin armies take over the world, it's up to Amber, a mouse with magical powers, to stop him. With her devoted friends by her side—Ben, a mouse who used to be a human boy; Thorn, a genius mouse; and Bushmaster, the wise vole—Amber might stand a c

Hardback, 288 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about The Wizard of Ooze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wizard of Ooze

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingThe Wizard Tales Vol I-III by Red TashHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Wizards, Magic, and More!
58th out of 65 books — 13 voters
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. RowlingA Shadow on the Glass by Ian IrvineThe Tower on the Rift by Ian IrvineRhapsody by Elizabeth HaydonProphecy by Elizabeth Haydon
DADDY'S RAD BOOK LIST
9th out of 11 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Julia
Very sweet story with a moral.
Jared
Ravenspell by David Farland is a series about a kid named Benjamin Ravenspell who magically gets turned into a mouse. Two books are currently published, "Of Mice and Magic" and "The Wizard of Ooze". Both were read by David Walker who did an amazing job with the voices and the singing (yes there is singing in the audio version).

I was impressed by "Of Mice and Magic" where Amber turns Ben into a mouse together they save the world from an evil bat who may or may not be Edgar Allen Poe. The adventur...more
Chris Pacheco
from my old account that i cant log into

Farland you've done it again!

I recently ordered, a rough sum of 200$ in, used books from abebooks and have a wang-load to read. i figure
im gonna read all of these books in the series ive bought, save the finale novels. while halfway through the Wayfarer Redemption (Douglass, Sara), i just couldnt keep myself from getting down on the second Ravenspell series. so..........

TWOO gets Daddy's seal of approval. and ima tell you why.

#1.) Humor, holy chiz this bo...more
Cheryl Landmark
This is a cute, fun series, and I really enjoyed reading about Amber's and Ben's adventures once more. The life of a mouse is definitely not an easy one, where even a flea or a worm can assume the terrifying aspects of a cruel, evil monster. :)

Kids of all ages should enjoy this book even though there are some scenes which might be a bit scary for the younger ones. But, overall, there is a lot of humour, adventure and magic, which makes for fast-paced fun and entertainment with a few moral lesson...more
Donette  Robertson
Loved it!

Things book drew me in. just, captured mpeg, imagination. its haha designated 5 star.
I ecommend it to readers of all ages.
Maddie.Spendlove
Mark Dewey
This book was certainly interesting. It picks up right where the previous book left off. It's more fantastical than the last book and less realistic (not that the other one was realistic); some pretty weird stuff happens. It does have some humorous moments. It parodies some popular movies/books in parts (e.g. Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings); that's a change from the last book.
Athena
What a weird book. Seldom have I read a book more entirely pointless and strange. It was so pointless that I had to laugh, especially when we get bits like the one in which is proclaimed, "Fluke, I am your father!" Which, quite obviously, elicits a cry of "NOOOOOO!" If it had a point, then I completely missed, it, and if it didn't have a point. . . well, I wouldn't be surprised.
Jaime Buckley
I absolutely love this series. It's so much fun to read to my children and watch how involved they get in the story! The fact that the main female character adores the transformed little boy (the handsomest mouse ever) make the kids laugh out loud.

If you want something to truly entertain, get your hands on this series. It's brilliant and fun for the whole family.
Kara Staley
This is the second book to Of mice and magic. It still has magic and dangerous and scary underground creatures trying to kill them and still their magic. this is when Ben discovers his full potential of using his magic with the help of his mouse friend Amber who also secretly loves Ben.
Lauren
This is a good second book. I actually cried because it is hard not to cry at mom stuff when you are a mom. They aren't my favorite books, but they are enjoyable and well written. I would guess this author likes science, which I do too, so maybe that is part of why I like them.
Susan
This is the second book in the series and just as good as the first. I didn't like that Amber wanted to take over the world, but I was glad she matured and could see she was wrong by the end of the book. These are cute books, and very suspenseful and scary.
Luann
I enjoyed the first book of this series, Of Mice and Magic, a lot. I thought this sequel just got too weird. I didn't like the worms at all, and had to force myself to finish the book.
Jessica
It has the funniest names in the book- Fluke Gutcrawler. I reccomend this book to everyone who has a good sence of humour!
K Ross
Mar 17, 2009 K Ross marked it as to-read
my sister fond this book in her brother's room and she said she can't put it down! so i wanna read it if it's interesting to me!
Valerie
This one wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first one. Kids should enjoy it though!
Zaira
Just as good as the last book! Keeps you on the edge of your seat!
Isaac
May 24, 2012 Isaac added it
very good. so good that i am going to read this again
Karijean31
definitely a book for a boy....
Janet
Another very funny and good book
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
KeErah
KeErah added it
Sep 12, 2014
Jeff Hampton
Jeff Hampton marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Noelle
Noelle marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Whitney Peterson
Whitney Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Brett Van
Brett Van marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
  • The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2)
  • Bunnicula In-a-Box (Bunnicula, #1-3)
  • The House of Arden (Fabian Time Fantasies, #1)
  • Archer's Quest
  • Magic Tree House: #1-8 [Collection]
  • Fablehaven No. 2: Grip of the Shadow Plague; Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #3-4)
  • The Wainscott Weasel
  • The Wizard in the Tree
  • Trapper (Serendipity)
  • Widow's Revenge (Wesley Mackey, #2)
  • Professor Winsnicker's Book of Proper Etiquette for Well-mannered Sycophants (Leven Thumps)
  • Eventide (Tales of the Dragon's Bard, #1)
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • Upchuck and the Rotten Willy
  • The Books of Bayern Box Set, Books 1-3
  • The Black Stallion's Ghost (The Black Stallion, #17)
  • Blast of the Dragon's Fury (Andy Smithson, #1)
David Farland is the author of the bestselling Runelords series, including Chaosbound, The Wyrmling Horde and Worldbinder. He also writes science-fiction as David Wolverton. He won the 1987 Writers of the Future contest, and has been nominated for a Nebula Award and a Hugo Award. Farland also works as a video game designer, and has taught writing seminars around the U.S. and Canada. He lives in Sa...more
More about David Farland...
The Sum of All Men (Runelords #1) Brotherhood of the Wolf (Runelords, #2) Wizardborn (Runelords, #3) The Lair of Bones (Runelords, #4) Sons of the Oak (Runelords, #5)

“There is no such thing as an evil genius, as evil in it's self is stupidity.” 20 likes