Start by marking “Slow Food: Collected Thoughts on Taste, Tradition, and the Honest Pleasures of Food” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This collection of articles from Slow Magazine, the journal of the internationally renowned Slow Food movement, celebrates food customs from around the world and decries the fast food ethos that threatens to globalize our palates.
Published October 1st 2001 by Chelsea Green Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Slow Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Food

Marjorie Elwood
A compilation of articles from the Slow Food movement's magazine, Slow, this was a little slow-going. Even the articles about food (a favorite topic of mine) weren't particularly interesting, although they were informative. There was one article, a fictional piece about cannibalism, that I found very jarring amidst the rest of the essays.
Erika
This book made me think about the way I grew up... eating figs from the tree in our backyard, calling my mother at the hair salon at the age of 7 to ask how to make meat loaf because she wasn't home yet and someone had to feed the family. Food, Family, Friends.... there's nothing better in life.
Dotia
Dotia marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Cristina Alexandra
Cristina Alexandra marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
zebroshyennie
zebroshyennie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Nanou
Nanou marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Amanda Mitchell
Amanda Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Cjb
Cjb marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Lynn Winchell-mendy
Lynn Winchell-mendy marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Rachelle Ternier
Rachelle Ternier marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Amitydawn
Amitydawn marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
K Swill
K Swill marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
William
William is currently reading it
Mar 30, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Mallory Bowen
Mallory Bowen marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Maral
Maral marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Carlo Petrini, an Italian sociologist, is the founder of the international movement Slow Food (1989).
More about Carlo Petrini...
Slow Food Nation: Why Our Food Should Be Good, Clean, and Fair Slow Food: The Case for Taste (Arts and Traditions of the Table) Slow Food Revolution: A New Culture for Eating and Living Terra Madre: Forging a New Global Network of Sustainable Food Communities Uma ideia de felicidade