Start by marking “Beyond Charles and Diana: An Anglophile's Guide to Baby Naming” as Want to Read:
Beyond Charles and Diana: An Anglophile's Guide to Baby Naming

Beyond Charles and Diana: An Anglophile's Guide to Baby Naming

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
You stayed up until 2 A.M. reading Jane Eyre. You woke up at 4 A.M. to watch the Royal Wedding. And you waited with baited breath to hear the names of Britain's newborn princes and princesses. But instead of wondering how the royal family could have chosen such eccentric names as Henry or Beatrice or even Eugenie, you wondered where you could find more of them.

Beyond Charl
Published January 15th 1992 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Charles and Diana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Charles and Diana

Kate
I absolutely loved this book. My husband and I are adopting a baby in the coming year and while we easily came up with a boy's name, we were having a hard time with a girl's name. After reading this book, we've found our answer, something unique and original without being too "out there". If you love England, you will love this book. It is interspersed with quotes on names from famous British authors, it has a lot of background information, the hows and whys of baby naming in Britain, and appeal ...more
Rachel C
Love this name book. I found alot of good, old-fashioned names I like in here, as well as some unique names I haven't seen in other name books. Its interesting that the Brits often set the trends on baby names and it takes a few years for them to hop the pond and make our top 100 names chart.
Erin
I had previously typed a review, which somehow didn't save...seem to be having issues with the site...suffice it to say, this book will appeal to those of us Caucasians who have no desire to wade through made up definitions for shaneequa or foreign names. Best baby name book i've read recently.
Gabrielle Carolina
Very interesting, but too time-based, as I suppose all names are.
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Em
Em marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Raquel
Raquel marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
ms goodreads
ms goodreads marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
May 08, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2011
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 05, 2010
Templehurst
Templehurst marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2008
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2007
Beyond Jennifer & Jason, Madison & Montana: What to Name Your Baby Now Beyond Ava & Aiden: The Enlightened Guide to Naming Your Baby Baby Names Now: From Classic to Cool--The Very Last Word on First Names The Last Word on First Names: The Definitive A-Z Guide to the Best and Worst in Baby Names by America's Leading Experts Telegram!  Modern History as Told Through More than 400 Witty, Poignant, and Revealing Telegrams