Start by marking “Insatiable by Ursula Dukes” as Want to Read:
Insatiable by Ursula Dukes

Insatiable by Ursula Dukes

A double murder investigation in the small Rhode Island town of Huntington Cove focuses on one suspect, 34 year old Aurora Collins. She just happens to operate the local women's shelter where one of the victims' wives has sought shelter. The other victim, town bully, Ken Holmes has also turned up dead.
Lucky for her, Aurora has an alibi, she was out on a date with new volu
Published December 14th 2013 by Ursula Dukes (first published December 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Insatiable by Ursula Dukes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insatiable by Ursula Dukes

Mari White
Aug 05, 2016 Mari White rated it it was amazing
This book kept me guessing until the very end. The characters are very true to life and I felt as though I was getting to know them as real people. Ms Dukes is a wonderful story teller with a true talent for making her readers feel completely immersed in the tales she spins. I eagerly await the next jewel from this amazing author!
Gabriella Thompson
Feb 23, 2014 Gabriella Thompson rated it it was amazing
This book has erotic scenes that were hot! but it's not just an erotic novel, it's a story about a very strong woman who is full figured, sexy and knows what she wants.
When we are first introduced to Aurora, she is helping a woman who has been abused by her husband.
Aurora has her priorities right and seems to have devoted her life to helping woman of domestic violence.
I liked how domestic violence has touched the male characters in this story as well.
This author manages to add such a good twis
Jules Batemen
Feb 23, 2014 Jules Batemen rated it it was amazing
This book was incredibly intense! Totally kept you on your toes the whole way through!!!! It was well written and the story told had multiple point of views so you could really get into it.
Callie Abrams
Jan 18, 2014 Callie Abrams rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the fact that the main character was full figured and so totally in control. it was almost as if she took on some of the traits that a male would have. Aurora was great and the chemistry between she and Liam was awesome. Good, book. I also liked how the topic of domestic violence was dealt with and the many different ways a woman can be abused. once again, great story.
Denise
Mar 31, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
Very nice book. Liked that the main character was full figured and proud of it. Good story line too!
Laquia
Mar 30, 2014 Laquia rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this book.
Naomi Nevarro
Mar 24, 2014 Naomi Nevarro rated it it was amazing
From the first chapter, this book was an instant favorite of mine. I so enjoyed the fact that the heroine wasn't some , scrawny, super-thin, naive, low confident girl.
Aurora Collins is all women! And that speaks volumes to us women who, according to society, aren't considered sexy because we aren't a size 2.
This new author shows us that women, no matter what shape or size can be sexy and confident.
Not only is the main character happy to be alone, she is happy helping others who need to be alone
Maegan
Mar 27, 2014 Maegan rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Liked how it started and held no silly fillers or non sense.
I think that this book is more than just an erotic romance.
There was a little bit of everything in this book and that is something that can sometimes be hard to find.
The heroine in this book is a full figured woman who isn't ashamed of her body, she enjoys being in her skin and has no issues fulfilling her sexual desires.
She is quite strong and that is something that really appealed to me.
I thought Liam w
Roseanna Mcclain
Mar 26, 2014 Roseanna Mcclain rated it liked it
I guess I'm an minority in the reviews. This book was just ok. I have bevrr criticize a book about having grammatical errors, but this book had to many, I didn't know when one dialog ended and the other begin.

I did love that this book was about a African American full figured women and that she was so strong. She didnt want to rely on anybody but herself.Also this book discuss domestic violence. It went into great detail about all the signs and that there are people out there to help anyone tha
Marjorie
Apr 14, 2014 Marjorie rated it it was amazing
I had no issues reading this book. I appreciate the fact that the author made the heroine a strong woman. I also liked how Liam let her be who she wanted to be and chose certain times to take the rein so to speak.
I found nothing ridiculous about Aurora's character. She's been through a lot and is trying her best to help other women of domestic violence.
Just because a heroine is strong, does not mean that she cannot be tender and loving. For me, a strong heroine is more realistic than one who is
Faith
Apr 24, 2014 Faith rated it it was amazing
Thought this was a very good book. I enjoyed the main character and admired her strength.
I thought the scenes were nice and descriptive, felt as if i was there.

As far as the erotic scenes, I thought they were quite befitting to the story. Especially since the main character was so strong, I liked that she dominated in the bedroom.
Another reviewer says that the scenes were more Domme than erotic. Who says that Domme cannot be erotic? And what women doesn't like a little dirty talk now and again
LAKristy
This book could have benefited from some professional editing. There were a few grammar and typo issues, but many punctuation problems. Rating is probably closer to 2.5, but I rounded up.

The story had a lot of potential with a unique story line about the organizer of a shelter for battered women. Unfortunately, the intertwining of the rescuing of victims, the recovery, the suspense and the erotic elements felt awkward. The dialog was stilted, and there was way too much back story done with inner
P.
Feb 05, 2015 P. rated it liked it
Really hard wrapping my head around how Aurora and Liam got together. I thought for Liam's character to have been told as an alpha male he was really a push over and more of an alpha B type personality. I thought Aurora's charater was a little too hard. Don't get me wrong I love a strong heroine, but at times she was a little too ridiculous to take seriously. The storyline had strong potential to be great but fell short.
Jacqueline Antunes
Mar 21, 2016 Jacqueline Antunes rated it it was amazing
Good book, I like the diversity and the get together of Aurora and Liam. It is very deep and worth reading.
Raf
Raf rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2014
Juanita Alvares
Juanita Alvares rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Imaro
Imaro rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
Shawnda Lanee Santiago
Shawnda Lanee Santiago rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
LoriAnne Bagby
LoriAnne Bagby rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Lindstone
Lindstone rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Charli McBride
Charli McBride rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Katy
Katy rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Felicbela
Felicbela rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Steven Hemming
Steven Hemming rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2014
Mary Ecoleman
Mary Ecoleman rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Gabba
Gabba rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2014
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
Josephina Suarez
Josephina Suarez rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2014

Ursula Dukes is an author of romantic suspense. She started her first novel at age fifteen, but it wasn't until after she raised a family, and worked for many years that she decided to return to her first love, writing. Ursula lives in New England with her two children, and a cat named Max.
She can most often be found daydreaming and listening to the characters inside of her head that are just beg
More about Ursula Dukes...