Start by marking “Can I Have a Cell Phone for Hanukkah?: The Essential Scoop on Raising Modern Jewish Kids” as Want to Read:

How do you help your child choose between mandatory baseball practice and Hebrew school? How can you plan a birthday party (not to mention bar or bat mitzvah party!) for your child without sacrificing your values, sanity, and pocketbook? How can you keep peace on the homework homefront? And how do you deal with Santa envy–let alone the entire month of December?

As any mode
Published October 9th 2007 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about Can I Have a Cell Phone for Hanukkah?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can I Have a Cell Phone for Hanukkah?

Lauren
Jan 06, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it
Very entertaining and easy to read, this book is a great gift for parents of young children (ideally around age 4-6). Some bits of advice seemed fairly obvious, but I still enjoyed reading them, and plan to reread certain chapters when my children are older and it pertains to me a little more.
Robin
Oct 09, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
Most of this is basic, aimed at parents of younger children. However, the 14 pages on bar/bat mitzvah, especially the section on tzedakah projects and "sharing the spotlight," are really useful. So glad I read them!
Ellabella
Feb 22, 2011 Ellabella rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was funny, practical, and useful. The author has a great style that makes you feel like she relates to everything you're going through. I would definitely recommend it to Jewish and non-Jewish parents.
Mark T
Aug 21, 2015 Mark T added it
I liked this book. It filled in a gap for me letting me peak into what it may have been like growing up in a Jewish household in contemporary times.
Scott Frank
Scott Frank rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Ky
Ky rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2008
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Karen L
Karen L rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2007
Sharon
Nov 04, 2007 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2008
Marie Sha
Marie Sha rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Dkkoppgmail.com
Dkkoppgmail.com rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
John
John added it
Oct 27, 2007
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2007
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
May 20, 2008
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2009
Vanda
Vanda marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2010
Noah
Noah added it
Apr 14, 2010
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Nctejana
Nctejana marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Alison Eber
Alison Eber marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Haven
Haven marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
I am the author of a new parenting advice book called Can I Have a Cell Phone for Hanukkah? The Essential Scoop on Raising Modern Jewish Kids (Broadway Books, 2007).

I also write a syndicated parenting column which appears in 50+ publications across the United States, Canada and Israel and am a feature writer for Parents Magazine and numerous other local, regional and national periodicals.

As a mo
More about Sharon Duke Estroff...