Start by marking “Patriarchs And Prophets” as Want to Read:
Patriarchs And Prophets

Patriarchs And Prophets

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  420 ratings  ·  27 reviews
There probably isn't anybody around who hasn't wondered now and then where things came from. How did the universe begin? How did the world get here? Where and how did human beings get started? Patriarchs and Prophets is about the beginning of things. In fascinating, easy-to-understand language, it describes exactly how the planet Earth--and the people who live on it--began ...more
Published by Shelter Publications (first published 1890)

To ask other readers questions about Patriarchs And Prophets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patriarchs And Prophets

Morgan
It is really difficult to summarize the amazing book of Patriarchs and Prophets in a concise manner. This book is part of Conflict of the Ages Series, Vol. 1. It's basically about what the title entails-the promises that God made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and how He decided He would bless them and their descendants if they obeyed and remained loyal to Him. It covers everything from the Creation, to the last years of King David and everything you can possibly imagine in between!

This book is ve
( ●—● ) Evelynn
This is such an inspiring book. It gives such depth to the stories we know so well, and insight that only could have been given by God. It's a Bible study in and of itself.

And now, onto the next book: Prophets and Kings!
Jacquelyn
Our weekly Bible study group is doing an in-depth, chapter-by-chapter study of the books of Genesis and Exodus, and "Patriarchs and Prophets" is a nice (optional) compliment to the study. The theme of the book is the great controversy of good verses evil, the Lord/God/Creator verses the fallen angel/Satan/Lucifer. It pays careful attention to the character of God, His love for fallen humanity in spite of their constant failings, and the ultimate plan to redeem them from sin.
Cynthia
This is the first book of the Ellen White's 5-volume "Conflict of the Ages" series (which concludes with the famous book "The Great Controversy"). I am endeavouring to reading the whole series over the course of this year.

For anyone who wants to become familiar with the Bible, this is a good place to get the low-down on the OT Bible stories in their chronology. Ellen White does a running commentary along with the telling of the various stories from Genesis through King David's reign. Like the r
Sydney Machokoto
A very helpful explanation of events of the Old Testament with an idea to shed more light more on the issue of Good and Evil. The author treats the events of the Pentateuch as real events with a significant historical impact. The style is very smooth to read and a good amount of scripture is utilized in the explanations.
Reby
Excellent book! It is like a history manual.It lead you through to better and fully understand Bible history and you read along. Is better to read it with the Bible so you can understand better what happened in the Old Testament.
Barbara Beach
This is an excellent book about the battle between good and evil.
Cristiano Sequeira
For the read of the Word of God it is an absolute must-read! Never will you be able to better understand in terms of context, setting, chronology, etc., all the fascinating stories of the Holy Scriptures better than by studying this incredible book. It will give the reader a fresh view on the events and characters through creation up until the days of King David's reign and how God has led events in time.
Hawai Kuvai
There probably isn't anybody around who hasn't wondered now and then where things came from. how did the universe begin? How did the world get here? Where and how did human beings get started? This book apart from Bible, is about the beginning of things. in fascinating, easy-to-understand language, it describes exactly how the planet Earth-and the people who live on it- began
Adam
This is a great book. One thing I really like is that it clears up many misconceptions people have towards the character of God (many look at Him in the Old Testament as a harsh judge who loves punishing the wicked -- this book proves otherwise)

I could go on about the great things in this book, but it's best you read it for yourself.
Tami
I think the title for the book isn't right. It should be changed to A Holy God or God Is Holy. Something like that. Because this book really opens your eyes to how Holy God is and how we as people are blinded to our own sin. It's a really good book and I would tell all my friends to read it. :)
Jerry Mahn
Once again working my way through the Conflict of the Ages series in my devotional reading. This book, which goes from before creation through the life of David, looks at the great themes of Scripture, such as creation and covenants, particularly covenants with Abraham and his ancestors.
Caroline
After reading this book cover to cover, i must say that this has become one of my favourite books. It has already been three weeks since i finished and I am already making progress on the next book, Prophets and Kings. Every Christian should read this book!
Vuyani
Oct 23, 2008 Vuyani is currently reading it
Recommends it for: everyone longing to understand God
Recommended to Vuyani by: My spiritual father
Traces the root of life and what has influenced our current state. It is a well written and intruiging, readable commentary of Biblical record from Genesis to Kings. It really promotes one to go and read the Bible with broader insight.
Tari
This book is powerful. Such life lessons to be found in its pages. Was continually amazed at how fickle God's people were...yet how willing God was to forgive and restore whenever they truly repented.
Tamara Sam
It was always a goal of mine to read through the 5 main Spirit of Prophecy books. I've finally completed the first, and am on to the second. I used this as a companion to my bible study, with great success.
Jose Cardenas iii
Definitely helped me gain a better understanding of some of those first parts of the Bible, and Israel's history. I really like how theres practical lessons highlighted as well as you read through.
Sabrina
Amazing book on the events in the Old Testament up to the end of David's reign. I gain new insight in the biblical stories every time I read this book.
Andresa
Livro quase integralmente didático. Adorei cada detalhe, principalmente o apêndice com questões extremamente atuais e pertinentes.
Rikki
Thank God for this book! I would never have understood the first part of the Bible without it. Everyone should read this!
Jael
This is the second time I've read all the way through. Lots of things to provoke me to deeper thought. Thoroughly enjoyed, again.
Lydia
Have started this book a couple times but plan to finish it this time. Extremely good, makes the Bible even better.
Marc Rasell
This book shows how sin and evil originated. It is a powerful book tracing the lives of the Patriarchs.
Cole Frank
Great read about the bible that covered from the creation account to David
Carlos Patiño
A must read for every Adventist member!
Marcu
Marcu added it
May 05, 2015
Marcu
Marcu added it
May 05, 2015
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • Yahweh's Chosen (Dahveed, #1)
  • A Trip Into the Supernatural
  • Dangerous Wonder: The Adventure of Childlike Faith
  • Russia at War: 1941-1945
  • Everybody Wins: The Chapman Guide to Solving Conflicts without Arguing
  • Competition Demystified: A Radically Simplified Approach to Business Strategy
  • How to Be Rich: It's Not What You Have. It's What You Do with What You Have.
  • The Letter to the Romans
  • Deliver Us from Evil
  • Sticky Church
  • The Signature of Jesus: The Call to a Life Marked by Holy Passion and Relentless Faith
  • How to Really Love Your Teenager
  • The Good Old Days--They Were Terrible!
  • PhD Chapter 2: Life is tough and then you graduate
  • Your Jesus Is Too Safe: Outgrowing a Drive-Thru, Feel Good Savior
  • Coronation of Glory: The Story of Lady Jane Grey
  • Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load
See also the other entry Ellen Gould White

In brief, she was a woman of remarkable spiritual gifts who lived most of her life during the nineteenth century (1827-1915), yet through her writings she is still making a revolutionary impact on millions of people around the world. During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 5
More about Ellen G. White...
Steps to Christ The Desire of Ages (Conflict of the Ages Series) The Great Controversy Messages to Young People Prophets and Kings (Conflict of the Ages Series)

“We are all woven together in the great web of humanity, and whatever we can do to benefit and uplift others will reflect in blessing upon ourselves.” 6 likes
“The warnings given to the Hebrews against assimilating with the heathen were not more direct or explicit than are those forbidding Christians to conform to the spirit and customs of the ungodly.” 3 likes