Patriarchs And Prophets

Patriarchs And Prophets

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  305 ratings  ·  18 reviews
There probably isn't anybody around who hasn't wondered now and then where things came from. How did the universe begin? How did the world get here? Where and how did human beings get started? Patriarchs and Prophets is about the beginning of things. In fascinating, easy-to-understand language, it describes exactly how the planet Earth--and the people who live on it--began...more
Published by Shelter Publications (first published 1890)

To ask other readers questions about Patriarchs And Prophets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patriarchs And Prophets

Morgan
It is really difficult to summarize the amazing book of Patriarchs and Prophets in a concise manner. This book is part of Conflict of the Ages Series, Vol. 1. It's basically about what the title entails-the promises that God made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and how He decided He would bless them and their descendants if they obeyed and remained loyal to Him. It covers everything from the Creation, to the last years of King David and everything you can possibly imagine in between!

This book is ve...more
Jacquelyn
Our weekly Bible study group is doing an in-depth, chapter-by-chapter study of the books of Genesis and Exodus, and "Patriarchs and Prophets" is a nice (optional) compliment to the study. The theme of the book is the great controversy of good verses evil, the Lord/God/Creator verses the fallen angel/Satan/Lucifer. It pays careful attention to the character of God, His love for fallen humanity in spite of their constant failings, and the ultimate plan to redeem them from sin.
Sydney Machokoto
A very helpful explanation of events of the Old Testament with an idea to shed more light more on the issue of Good and Evil. The author treats the events of the Pentateuch as real events with a significant historical impact. The style is very smooth to read and a good amount of scripture is utilized in the explanations.
Hawai Kuvai
There probably isn't anybody around who hasn't wondered now and then where things came from. how did the universe begin? How did the world get here? Where and how did human beings get started? This book apart from Bible, is about the beginning of things. in fascinating, easy-to-understand language, it describes exactly how the planet Earth-and the people who live on it- began
Adam
This is a great book. One thing I really like is that it clears up many misconceptions people have towards the character of God (many look at Him in the Old Testament as a harsh judge who loves punishing the wicked -- this book proves otherwise)

I could go on about the great things in this book, but it's best you read it for yourself.
Jerry Mahn
Once again working my way through the Conflict of the Ages series in my devotional reading. This book, which goes from before creation through the life of David, looks at the great themes of Scripture, such as creation and covenants, particularly covenants with Abraham and his ancestors.
Caroline
After reading this book cover to cover, i must say that this has become one of my favourite books. It has already been three weeks since i finished and I am already making progress on the next book, Prophets and Kings. Every Christian should read this book!
Vuyani
Oct 23, 2008 Vuyani is currently reading it
Recommends it for: everyone longing to understand God
Recommended to Vuyani by: My spiritual father
Traces the root of life and what has influenced our current state. It is a well written and intruiging, readable commentary of Biblical record from Genesis to Kings. It really promotes one to go and read the Bible with broader insight.
Joseph Nally
I didn't realize that I loved the story of Moses so much until I read this. And I also didn't realize how family focused Genesis is until I read this. I should have realized, but I didn't, so I read this book, and now I am. Yup.
Tamara Sam
It was always a goal of mine to read through the 5 main Spirit of Prophecy books. I've finally completed the first, and am on to the second. I used this as a companion to my bible study, with great success.
Andresa
Livro quase integralmente didático. Adorei cada detalhe, principalmente o apêndice com questões extremamente atuais e pertinentes.
Jael
This is the second time I've read all the way through. Lots of things to provoke me to deeper thought. Thoroughly enjoyed, again.
Lydia
Have started this book a couple times but plan to finish it this time. Extremely good, makes the Bible even better.
Marc Rasell
This book shows how sin and evil originated. It is a powerful book tracing the lives of the Patriarchs.
Carlos Patiño
A must read for every Adventist member!
Teresa Dicentra
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Rodney
Rodney marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Yanique Lewis
Yanique Lewis marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
CHERYLE  LITTLE
CHERYLE LITTLE marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Leah Branster
Leah Branster is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2014
eyeswideopen
eyeswideopen marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
  • Dangerous Wonder: The Adventure of Childlike Faith
  • Sticky Church
  • محاورات افلاطون
  • The Signature of Jesus: The Call to a Life Marked by Holy Passion and Relentless Faith
  • Deliver Us from Evil
  • The World Treasury of Physics, Astronomy & Mathematics from Albert Einstein to Stephen W. Hawking & from Annie Dillard to John Updike
  • Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands
  • Redemption Song
  • Japan (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
  • Lucille: The Life of Lucille Ball
  • No Perfect People Allowed: Creating a Come as You Are Culture in the Church
  • Lost Women of the Bible: Finding Strength & Significance through Their Stories
  • The Good Old Days--They Were Terrible!
  • The Husband Project: 21 Days of Loving Your Man--On Purpose and with a Plan
  • 1-2-3 Magic for Christian Parents: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
  • Expect the Sunrise (Team Hope #3)
  • Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1)
  • Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth? Why Much of What We Teach About Evolution Is Wrong
See also the other entry Ellen Gould White

In brief, she was a woman of remarkable spiritual gifts who lived most of her life during the nineteenth century (1827-1915), yet through her writings she is still making a revolutionary impact on millions of people around the world. During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 5...more
More about Ellen G. White...
Steps to Christ The Desire of Ages (Conflict of the Ages Series) The Great Controversy Prophets and Kings: Messages to Young People

“We are all woven together in the great web of humanity, and whatever we can do to benefit and uplift others will reflect in blessing upon ourselves.” 1 likes
“The fatal effects of sin can be removed only by the provision that God has made. The Israelites saved their lives by looking upon the uplifted serpent. That look implied faith. They lived because they believed God's word, and trusted in the means provided for their recover. So to sinner may look to Christ, and live. He receives pardon through faith in the atoning sacrifice. Unlike the inert and lifeless symbol, Christ has power and virtue in Himself to heal the repenting sinner.” 0 likes