Start by marking “Apparition Wren: Poems” as Want to Read:
Apparition Wren: Poems

Apparition Wren: Poems

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published January 1st 2007 by Main Street Rag

To ask other readers questions about Apparition Wren, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apparition Wren

Ian Williams
After meeting Alsop and workshopping my own work with her, I ordered Apparition Wren and I was stunningly met with an adventure through the mysterious.

Alsop's poetry is abstract, mystifying its reader with obscured images and a host of discordant voices. The narrative throughout the book toys with coherency, as if exploring its depths and, finding them incomplete, vaulting off its edge into abstraction. The poetry in Apparition Wren touches on the ethereal and peeks its way into the intimate co
Lightsey
I'll be honest--I probably would have put this down already if I weren't reading it for a group. I feel myself slopping around in this book, constraint-less; I seem to arrive capriciously in odd places and leave them again before I've figured out why I'm there. . . It must be my upbringing, but I need reasons for things. I prefer it when I can feel some sort of project in the writing, some push and pull.
McKenzie Lynn Tozan
Though the book was not entirely on the same page as my favorite forms of writing and though some of the poems seemed a little too long, the book was still a very good read and left me wanting to impersonate some of the language in my own work.
Renee
Renee added it
May 06, 2014
Emily Crow
Emily Crow marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Holly Mitchell
Holly Mitchell marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2012
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2010
Gary McDowell
Gary McDowell marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2010
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2009
Dusie Press
Dusie Press marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2008
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2008
Bronwen
Bronwen marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2008
Ching-In
Ching-In marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2008
Maureen Alsop is the winner of Harpur Palate's Milton Kessler Memorial Award, Bitter Oleander's Frances Locke Memorial Award, and Eleventh Muse' Poetry Prize. Her poetry has been thrice nominated for a Pushcart Prize. Her poems have appeared or pending in various journals including: Barrow Street, Columbia Journal, AGNI, among others. "
More about Maureen Alsop...
Mantic Nightingale Habit A Blade of Grass Made Bare by Its Own Anatomy Later, Knives & Trees Unknown Book 6741207